New Survey confirms what I long suspected

any chance have you lost inches off your arms? i'm going round everywhere trying to learn a nice new 'quick fix' to get my arms toned! only part of body i dislike now :D

Ive lost weight on my arms using a rowing machine, its the only place i can tell ive lost.

You cant turn fat into muscle! Fat is fat, muscle is muscle!

You burn fat and build up the muscle you already have... but you need protein to do this. Building up your muscles will help you to burn fat. But it has to be sustained anaerobic exercise to burn the fat. So the more muscles you have, the more fat you can burn.

Plus, if you lose a pound of fat, and gain a pound of muscle of course you will not lose weight cos a pound of anything weighs a pound! But it is fat that we all want to lose isnt it?! So exercise will get rid of the fat for you!! Keep exercising!! :D xx

I love exercising!!! and i wont give it up even if i did gain weight this week!! :D

I wouldn't stop exercising because a study says you dont lose weight, for me exercising tones you and helps you not have saggy skin off just dieting. I do not want to have skin hanging off me like adam sandler in click so fingers crossed the exercise i do will help!;)

Well I have found the exercise I do, so enjoyable. I was hoping for better results due to doing more exercise but that has not been the case, but no way would I ever give it up...

I do medium-fast paste walking and Wii EASA and really enjoy them both. Never been outside so much in my life lol (well since I was a young kid that is)

My hubby is different, if he does exercise he finds he losses more, but its just swings and roundabouts with me, at least that's how its been lately...

Wish it wasn't like this for me, but such is life. At least I am finding my clothes are getting loser which helps I suppose..

Ladies, exercise doesn't show on the scales but it's what you need to increase your lean muscle mass, which then increases your metabolism and ensures you keep on being able to EAT when you finish your diet, and it keeps you having curves and being in a good shape even when you reach an acceptable amount of body fat. Remember that the whole purpose of your diet is to become LEANER, not to become THINNER. If you only point to becoming thinner, you will end up with serious problems like anorexia because we never think we're thin enough.

I read this very illuminating article on a website I have found because I was googling loose skin. Yes, this man wants to sell you his book, there's nobody who just writes suggestions out of the bottom of their heart, except in forums like this. However, he also makes available a lot of information for free and scientifically proved. In this article, he talks about the reasons behind anorexia and also shows the pictures of 3 models, one anorexic, one is Claudia Shiffer and the third one is a body builder... all three have similar body fat but of course, the anorexic lady has lost all her muscle mass because she was only looking at the figure on the scales. He also posts the weight of a lot of celebrities and their fat percentage... it's an amazing eye opener!

Never Thin Enough

Back