• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

New SW member

Hi everyone

I signed up for slimming world online so am trying to get to grips with the diet.

I am a veggie so will be following green days. I have 6 stone to lose (hangs head in shame) and am hoping to lose a good couple of stone by xmas.

This forum looks great so am hoping to get inspiration and tips from all you wise slimmers

Karen

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!

Sophs

SW Angels founder member
Hi and welcome :)

I am also a veggie doing this on line. If you have any questions then post them, and we will help all we can:)

Claire1981

Is so very nearly there!
Welcome aboard!

I aint a veggie but stick to mainly green days!

They are wicked here and will give you a boost when needed! x

Hi Happycow
I am new to slimming world to, but have decided not to go to the groups, so gonna give it a go without!!!!:confused:

I have just come off lighterlife for the second time and it made me ill this time!

Im also veggie and got about 5 stone to lose :cry:
(so any advice about going it alone without the groups would be very appreciated)

xx

nannydi

wants a new body
hi and welcome to slimming world lol
i have been here for just over a month and so far have lost 1 stone,
i tend to be having a lot of red days recently
but i loving it
xxxxxx

emski

Gold Member
I don't attend group as it's not for me, but I have my sister (Lindam) as a mentor ,(however read the thread I've been naughty and will be punished) ;)and all the lovely people on here . I have all the books and weigh myself on the same scales once (or twice) a week. :)

My advice would be to do your starting measurements as well.. bust, waist, hips, arms and thighs.. and no matter how scary :eek: the numbers just think they wont ever be that again raaahh. Join in the challenges here and that keeps you motivated.:D

nannydi

wants a new body
true about the measurements lol
i was gutted when i measured my bits and bobs lol but am now happy to say i have lost about 6" already unfortunately not off my belly but off my hips boobs and waist
xxxx

emski

Gold Member
Woop woop well done.. it helps when you have STS or lost 1/2 pound to realise you have lost inches .. Ive managed 15 inches all over so far.

Hi HappyCow,

Welcome to Minis, this forum is just great for motivation. I was on the cambridge diet forum last year and the support I got was great...we all help eachother.
The SW side of the forum is just the same, very friendly :D

I have the same amount of weight to lose as you :mad: horrible isnt it hun?
Never mind though...we have made the right decission and we are taking the bull by the horns so to speak :D

good luck :)

nannydi

wants a new body
i worked it out this morning when i started SW i needed to lose 109.5lb i'm sure i have a child that weighs that!

i now need to lose 95.5lb
so it is going
xxx

Welcome - I do all red days so cant help you with food ideas, but I, along with the others can help with motivation and inspiration. I started in Jan with bout 7 stone to lose and have lost 3 stone already - if I can do it anyone can xx

Taz

Spam Hunter
Hi and welcome to the forum and to SW. Don't hang your head inshame, I had more than 6st to lose when I started and I'm only halfway through now. It's a long journey but we all do it together x

mod-karen79

rainbows holiday buddy :)
welcome - i'm a veggie too and have between 7 and 10 stone to lose, but i'll decide when i get nearer the 7 stone off whether that's enough or to keep going.

i'm in it for the long haul - it won't come off overnight, but as long as i can eat and lose i'm happy! hope to have lost about 4 stone by xmas...am 2 lbs off 2 stone at the moment :D

good luck x