New SW member!

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by pamiepie, 12 January 2009 Social URL.

1. pamiepie

pamiepie Moose no more!

Start Weight:
    13st12.0lb
    Current Weight:
    13st12.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7.0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hi All,
    Have just joined and would appreciate any tips!! I have followed slimming world before but grown bored as i dont vary the food much. Any creative suggestions please let me know :)

First weight in tomorrow!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. suepat10

suepat10 I am one of the 63336

Start Weight:
    20st3lb
    Current Weight:
    20st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hi & welcome

To be honest, I think you nailed it on the head in your message - variety. With the new EE plan, it is even easier to get variety in to the plan.

xx

4. clairex

clairex Silver Member

Hiya! Its my first weigh in tomorrow too, ive been doing it since last wednesday so we can do this together! its great here, full of recipes and support and great ideas for excerises. Any kind of question or even if your just having a bad day and are looking for motivation its great! Theres no need to feel deprived or stuck to the same foods - theres so much choice and if you're ever stuck check out the food diarys and recipe section!

Good luck!!
    xxxxx

5. Fea

Fea Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hi!

Today is day one for me, and like you I have followed the plan before. This place has got me fired up and motivated.

Check the food diaries of other members for meal ideas.

6. Circes

Circes Strutting her stuff

Start Weight:
    17st12lb
    Current Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    7st5lb(41.2%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    My advice would be to know what your danger points are and plan for how you're going to meet them. That way you're not going to be caught on the hop and end up grabbing whatever is to hand regardless of the syns.

For instance if you know that you're going to be home late from work and will be too tired to cook, prepare something in advance like a pot of soup. It's quick, easy and healthy and having it ready means you won't reach for the packet of crisps or whatever.

My danger points are not having breakfast and then getting something from the shop on the way/snacking on high syn stuff mid-morning & going into Starbucks for a coffee and ending up getting a latte and a muffin!

7. Fea

Fea Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Good tip Circes!

My danger points are on an evening. I used to reach of a glass of wine or food. Not sure if it's boredom or habit.

So I've got fruit and muller lights in. And if that doesn't work I'll have an omelette.

8. Kelsxx

Kelsxx Member

Start Weight:
    15st12lb
    Current Weight:
    15st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st2lb(0.9%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hi all.
    I'm on day 3 of slimming world - so far going for the extra easy plan and all seems ok. Don't think ive ever eaten so much fruit! lol

9. Fea

Fea Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hi Kels,

Glad it's going well xx

10. eye6769

eye6769 Vegetarian who lives2eat

Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Diet:
    SW
    second day, cant believe it will work for me,but gonna give ot a good go

11. pamiepie

pamiepie Moose no more!

Start Weight:
    13st12.0lb
    Current Weight:
    13st12.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7.0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    well im absolutely fine in the week, i love eating fruit and veg and feeling healthy, i just come a bit unstuck when there is alcohol around, or eating out :-(

12. pamiepie

pamiepie Moose no more!

Start Weight:
    13st12.0lb
    Current Weight:
    13st12.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7.0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    oo p.s weigh in today, i feel the same as last week!!! hope i have lost some i have been really good!:wave_cry:

13. pamiepie

pamiepie Moose no more!

Start Weight:
    13st12.0lb
    Current Weight:
    13st12.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7.0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    ooo i lost three pounds! :)

14. eye6769

eye6769 Vegetarian who lives2eat

Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Diet:
    SW
    Well done Pamie,were you happy ? will you do anything different this week?
    Im only on day2 so eager to learn:)

15. Fea

Fea Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Well done pamiepie! Excellent loss x x

16. pamiepie

pamiepie Moose no more!

Start Weight:
    13st12.0lb
    Current Weight:
    13st12.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7.0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    well the thing i fell down on before was being restricted, so what i do now is have neutral foods right up until dinner, so that i can decide whether to have green or original when i get home! i.e have fruit and yogurt for breakfast, snack on fruit have a egg mayo and cress sandwich from hexb and 3 babybel from hexa for lunch and i think thats working for me! id like to try the extra easy but am very dubious as i have an extremely healthy appetite, i see me getting carried away with mixing meat and potatoes etc!!!
    where i love a drink on weekends have been saving sins! im not sure how many i should aim for a day though! oh and i went gym 3 times last week (says angelicly) although im not sure how long that will last teee heee. i hiope i have a good loss next week. i am going away in june therefore would like to be 2 stones lighter by then!! fingers and toes crossed. id still love love love any tips people can give me!! i really need to use this forum as the class i go to is only a drop in, there is no image therapy session :-( ok i have rambled on enough now!!

17. Fea

Fea Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    You seem to be doing really well.

I too like to save my syns for alcohol on the weekend, so try and restrict the syns I have during the week as much as possible.

Yesterday I had 5 and I've had 3 today, but in the past I've made the mistake of getting so obsessed with having syn free days that I've ended up craving food/sweets/treats that were syned and going off the rails just because I used some syns!

So this time round I'm trying to be a little more relaxed with the thinking that as long as I stick to plan, go easy on the syns midweek, and don't go overboard at the weekend, I'll be ok.

18. Avatar

MiniMins.com Advert

19. pamiepie

pamiepie Moose no more!

Start Weight:
    13st12.0lb
    Current Weight:
    13st12.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7.0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    i hope so, ill try and stick to five so i dont go cravings mad! just had a mini dairy milk 5.5 syns! but i just got back from the gym so dont feel too bad. :D
    i was in the gym thinking, come on focus, it will be nice to jump around and not wobble everywhere hahaha

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.