Step 1 Sole Source New team HARDCORE HOTTIES!!!

In preparation for visiting the nurse next month I've started checking my blood pressure again so I can prove its raised only at the surgery, and there's no reason I can't go back on my old pill. I've found out a reason why it was so high when I first went. I put the medium cuff on this afternoon and my blood pressure was sky high I mean majorly bad for me - 160/114 bad. I started to panic that it was high but my friend who's a doctor told me to put the large cuff on and try again before I panic too much, sure enough it was perfectly normal at 121/69. He then told me that if the cuff is too small it gives a false high reading. I suspect that the nurse used the medium cuff the first time. Last time I told her I'd put on weight and I'd need the bigger cuff so the reading was normal. You'd think a qualified nurse would know that. All the ones I work with do. So at least I don't have to worry about my blood pressure, just the practice nurses competence!

As for my diet, back to SSing again! May have the odd SS+ day but no higher, not yet! I've got too much weight left to lose to be messing about. I'm not going to weigh every day either if I can possibly help it. Seeing gains does not help me at all, so if I don't weigh every day, hopefully I won't see these fluctuations. I know this is just common sense because I'm easily swayed by the scales.

Anyway for the first time since I started, and almost certainly brought on by the gain I saw this morning, I've had an overwhelming urge to binge all day. I've avoided it so far!!! I was meant to be meeting the girls after work in the pub for drinks, it often involves getting pub grub and when I agreed I was feeling string and sure I'd be fine. But when I finished work I called and cancelled because I'd have given in and we all know where I'd have ended up. So I'm home in bed watching NCIS drinking extra water. The life of a rock star huh?

Great idea about testing blood pressure so that you can show its only raised at docs! I had an appointment today to have mime tested but to be honest it was a right mix up! I has pre eclampsia with you pregnancys and ended up with high blood pressure and had been on blood pressure pill since my 19 year old was born! However last year after my weight loss I was taken off them but have to have regular check ups! Well today turned up at docs at 3 10 min early to find doctors ****! Went home and phoned and left message! 10 min later phone went at home to ask why I had not turned up? She said she was thee and to come straight down! So I went back to find the surgery locked with no light on a the door locked! By this time I was pretty frustrated! Well phoned again and they had booked me in the wrong surgery! There are two practices for my doctor! She said come back gain to the other surgery and I will do it for you! I refused and have made another appointment as I knew I was stressed and would have a high reading and do not want to go back on tablets!

Good luck going back to SS and SS+ Hun hope this helps your loss this week x and well done not binging!go little rock star!! X

Still taking the movicol, it just isn't getting things moving (vaguely remember this happening before). So might have to give the dulcolax a go. It's that or Picolax :eek: (if you have never had picolax - or even if you have - this is one of the funniest things I have ever read!!! Singletrack Magazine | The Picolax Thread Returns)

Hi Cazza I have very bad memories of pocolax I have had this quite a few times before my bowel surgeries! I have learnt if I do have to do these I get in plenty of wet wipes cotton wool and sudocream! This is not an experience I like to think about! Hope you get sorted soon Hun! X

You sound like me Lily having to look at the calendar to see what day I am on!

Great attitude to have about your potential loss this week! Great your clothes are getting baggy!

I'm not quite so laid back about it this morning. Guess I was hoping my body would give up another pound of something overnight. But alas, it didn't, so I have a 1 pound loss to declare this week. Oh well. I know it goes like this sometimes and that I did nothing wrong. Just gotta keep on keeping on. :rolleyes:

In a vague attempt to cheer myself up I thought I'd take my month 1 photos. You'd think after losing 20lbs there'd be a noticeable difference, well, you'd be wrong!!!! I look exactly the same! Oh well. I'll just keep plodding on, it would be really nice to actually be able to start noticing the losses, instead of looking and feeling the same!

image-3224759898.jpg

End of month 1. 20lbs down

image-455735410.jpg

1 month on and the only change is my phone :(

image-4196625511.jpg

Left is start, right is now.

Another upsetting discovery: only 1lb lost from my waist! I'm feeling very fed up today I don't know why. I've been bobbing along nicely and now I'm down in the dumps. Hopefully men in shorts will cheer me up this afternoon. The 6 Nations is back and I love my rugby!

Attachments

• image-2962422902.jpg
    image-2962422902.jpg
    673 KB · Views: 49
Oh sal I'm sorry you are feeling down but honestly I can see a difference in your pics I promise I can imagine not just saying it to make u feel better! You know with this diet your head and perception take time to catch up. I can definitely see some difference on the sideways pics.

It will come off and you will notice a massive difference at 2mths. You are doing so well sticking to it 100%

Hang in there chick and enjoy the rugby.
Xxx

Hey everyone

Hope you all okay and hanging in there weekends are always difficult I find.
Had a traumatic day yesterday. Got up feeling grim - awfully weak and drained despite being 100% and I went to work. Didn't feel ill just not right if you know what I mean and horrendously tired despite being in bed by 9.00 the night before.

Anyway I ended up fainting in work. Wasn't out for long and luckily was in the office with a friend so she helped me and did my blood pressure and it was really low and I'm also really anaemic so after alot of persuasion I had to eat something. I kept it high protein and I wont mention it here but i felt so much better. I think I might have to do 810 or 1000 until I get this anaemia sorted. I am on tablets but they haven't kicked in yet.

This is the 3rd time I have done this diet and that's never happened before but the other twice I wasn't anaemic when I started it.

So im doing 810 this weekend to give me some energy and then will go back and try ss from Monday. Ive still got so much to lose to go back to conventional dieting :cry:
Hang in there everyone
Xxx

Hey everyone

Hope you all okay and hanging in there weekends are always difficult I find.
Had a traumatic day yesterday. Got up feeling grim - awfully weak and drained despite being 100% and I went to work. Didn't feel ill just not right if you know what I mean and horrendously tired despite being in bed by 9.00 the night before.

Anyway I ended up fainting in work. Wasn't out for long and luckily was in the office with a friend so she helped me and did my blood pressure and it was really low and I'm also really anaemic so after alot of persuasion I had to eat something. I kept it high protein and I wont mention it here but i felt so much better. I think I might have to do 810 or 1000 until I get this anaemia sorted. I am on tablets but they haven't kicked in yet.

This is the 3rd time I have done this diet and that's never happened before but the other twice I wasn't anaemic when I started it.

So im doing 810 this weekend to give me some energy and then will go back and try ss from Monday. Ive still got so much to lose to go back to conventional dieting :cry:
Hang in there everyone
Xxx

Eek :eek: Poor you! You must've felt so rough! Done the fainting thing myself at various times and it's nothing like as glamorous as they make it sound in romantic fiction. :rolleyes:

Extra protein is by far the best idea, I'd say. Plus maybe some extra vitamin C to help you absorb the iron you're taking? Plus make sure you're drinking enough water to keep the fluid volume in your veins and arteries at a good level.

Don't worry about having to do 810 - the losses aren't supposed to be much different to those you'd get on SS, maybe half a pound difference a week on average. As KD always says, health before diet!

Hope you feel better today x

Sal, as Jess says - you can tell! Especially in that photo taken from the side. It's coming off. It's never fast enough, I know - but you're doing it and we're all going to get there this time x x I always find that nothing much really shows until you've lost a couple of stone, so a few more pounds will make all the difference. Hang in there!

Men in shorts. Hmm. Sounds a good idea, might have to check that out... ;)

I'm not quite so laid back about it this morning. Guess I was hoping my body would give up another pound of something overnight. But alas, it didn't, so I have a 1 pound loss to declare this week. Oh well. I know it goes like this sometimes and that I did nothing wrong. Just gotta keep on keeping on. :rolleyes:

Well done lily that's great u will probably get a big one next week. I remember I had that last time I lost 1lb one week and 6 the next - keep the faith
Xxx

Shopping in Brighton a complete disaster. Bought three coffees and a salad for lunch (with free slug! All extra protein) and that is it. Tried on clothes, got depressed. You'd think after losing over 2 stone id be in a smaller size. Apparently not :mad: ffs

Home - finally! Totally random day, but a good one on the whole (apart from being too fat and having feet too big for the boots I loved :( ). Went to a vegan cafe for lunch and had mixed leaf salad...which was fine until a slug crawled out of my friends salad!!!! Suddenly lost my appetite after that! Neither of us ended up buying anything at all, though was just nice being able to look in shops without whiney children. Got completely lost on the way home and ended up driving home via some interesting country roads :eek:

Going to bed now. Child free for another 12 hours and I am off to bed at 9.30pm on a Saturday night. Don't know what to tell you other than I am completely shattered. Took a front and side pic in the changing rooms of a shop earlier - bleurgh. Can't wait until I am ready to take some nicer ones!

Sal, I can see a difference in your pics - in the nicest possible way you are much less lumpy at the sides in the new pics :) Jess, sorry to hear you fainted, doesn't sound good. 810 for a few days at least sounds like a good idea, then see how you get on from there. Like Lily says, keep your fluid levels up. If you have just started taking iron tablets, it may be that you aren't at the right dose yet.

Room for one more? xx

God I don't know what's wrong with me, I can feel my motivation slipping and I don't want it to. I was happy a week ago, loving the diet and now I'm starting to struggle with it! The thought of having yet another shake tonight is starting to drive me insane.

Yet another night shift last night, a bit hard as it was so busy and I had no energy at all after midnight. Felt drained by 5am. I think this is more the do with the everlasting period than the diet though. Got another one to go on Thursday. The first time I did cd night shifts were overtime so I used to give them away, now they're part of our hours so I'm not allowed to, I have to work them. Our shifts are so erratic that we don't really have enough of a recovery time before the next one, instead of doing a couple straight after each other which would be better for the body I'm sure.

Sorry this is yet another moan from me but I'm really finding this hard right now. :cry:

We don't mind you moaning, that's what we're here for! Come on hun, you've done sooo well to get this far. This isn't really about being sick of shakes, it's about you being sick of that bl**dy period and having to work cr@ppy nights. Understandably you want a pick me up - but you can do this! It's going to be worth it. You're going to have way more energy once you've lost another stone or so and that period stops. Hang in there, petal! :flowers:

Big hugs honey, you can do it, you know you can. I found working nights really hard before when I did CD, so you have my sympathy there. But like you said, it's not so much about the diet, it's this stupid period that really needs to go away! Hopefully now you have stopped the pill it will finally go away, as I can imagine this must be very very draining.

We all know we are going to have crappy why-am-I-putting-myself-through-this moments, but the lovely thing about a group like this is that hopefully we won't all get those moments at the same time, and can really help each other through them. We all know this diet works, we all know unfortunately the weight comes off in stupid fits and starts. We just need to try and focus on the end results and how amazing we will feel for sticking with it and getting the weight off once and for all.

I've actually sat and cried this afternoon because i feel so crappy. This is not like me at all, I'm sure it's just my hormones sorting themselves out but I'm not happy right now. I'm actually now having a proper period, so I hope it's just the beginning of the end of this drama. I've got full on lady cramps and back ache too. This is right about the time where I want carby comfort food, but I will resist!! I've got my hot choc mint shake instead.

I hope this feeling passes soon and also hope the scales start co-operating again. I don't need all of this in one go. I could cope with no losses if I didn't have the whole period business and nights to contend with.

Lily a pound is a pound but like you I think I would be a bit gutted if I had been 100% like you have, I am sure you will have a bigger loss this week hun x x

Back