Step 1 Sole Source New team HARDCORE HOTTIES!!!

Hi everyone, well done Cazza on your loss and also on your inches lost! I am on day 13 today looking forward to my weigh in on Wednesday! I cant remember how much I lost my second week last time, for those that have done this before or who has had their second weigh in how did this compare with your first week? I know we are all different but just wondering?TaKe Care x

My second and third weeks are always significantly less than in week 1, but then the losses pick up again after that. It's my unofficial WI tomorrow and I'm not expecting much more than 3lbs, and we'll see on Wednesday morning what the official verdict is.

Not sure what this is but I remember it from the first time, I feel like I've got a hair or something stuck on the back of my tongue. No amount of water seems to shift it. It goes away after a few weeks but it gets on my nerves, can't wait for it to go away :( Has anyone else ever had this?

Hiya, I constantly feel like I have something in my throat like a hair... It's really weird. Am taking comfort in you saying it does pass xxx

Help I'm retaining water like nobody's business-my rings are tight and I've gained 6 lbs overnight.I'm drinking loads...could it be to do with the extra meds my doc has put me on?

Wow it's quiet on here today!!!

I lost 6lb this week... that's 22lb in 2 weeks. Happy with that!

Hiya, congratulations that's fab. Been away pouting for a couple of days because I may have to stop cd due to money issues :( not impressed cause I'm on day 14 and well into it now xx

starting weight 16st 5.5lb. week 1 -12.5lb

Sorry I've been MIA - work stuff got in the way yesterday and I ended up bringing it home to finish off, grrr. So no R&R on MiniMins for me, boo. Still, it paid off - the presentation I helped give this morning went well and the rest of the week hasn't got anything too grim in it (not yet, anyway... ).

So, it's day 14 - go me! Never thought I was ever going to manage 14 days of 100% SS again - but I have and I'm dead proud of myself. :D Anyone restarting, even if it's for the umpteenth time - go back to basics. Don't kid yourself that you know how to tweak this diet. Tweaks nearly always lead to failure eventually. Hardcore really is the way to go - nothing except what it says in the plan and lots of water.

Lecture over. :D

I do have something weird going on though. Delicate subject this but what the hell, it's not like poo problems don't come up as a regular problem on this diet. Only... I'm not constipated. It's gone rather the other way... :eek: I honestly don't understand this - I'm never normally affected this way by the shakes. The funny thing is, it happened last week then went away over the weekend - but then came back halfway through Monday. So maybe it's something to do with what I do differently at work?? Can't think what though. Yesterday I was starting to wonder whether it was the water from the water fountain - but I haven't been into my usual office today and it still happened. So I'm starting to wonder if it's tetras, cos I didn't have any of those of the weekend. But tetras have never affected me like this before. :confused: The only other thing (and it feels like a long shot) is that this time around I'm on fluoxetine (things got a bit too rough before Christmas and I finally gave in medication, despite not wanting to go there). The fluoxetine have made me feel so much better - I feel like my old self again - but one of the less common side effects is... (you've guessed it). But I didn't have that problem before Christmas when I was eating real food. Maybe it's something to do with having so much liquid sloshing around. I'm not knocking it exactly - it makes a nice change from constipation :D - but it's a mite inconvenient. I didn't dare drink too much this morning before the presentation in case I had to rush out, LOL (so I'm glugging water now to make up for it).

Puzzling. Again, sorry for the TMI. It could just be a bug of some kind I suppose. :confused:

Help I'm retaining water like nobody's business-my rings are tight and I've gained 6 lbs overnight.I'm drinking loads...could it be to do with the extra meds my doc has put me on?

Doubt it. Unless for some reason they're disagreeing with you. The brand hasn't changed, has it?? But no, normally more thyroxine would speed things up, not make you retain water. How do you feel? Do you feel a bit under the weather? A bug of some kind could do that to you. Or TOTM?

Silly thing but... just realised I have been a veggie so far this year! Not eaten any meat since 2012 ;)

Hmm, me neither. Unless you count the chicken flavour in chicken and mushroom soup? :D

Well I have had a SS+ day today (day 16). I won't put the details on here but will put them in my diary if anyone does want to read (link in signature). Not even a proper one at that. I just needed something and felt much better for it, though it is not something I will be repeating regularly!!! Sounds daft, but how do people afford to do SS+ every day? lol. Anyway straight back on to SS tomorrow - it's a long road ahead after all!

Last edited:
Well I have had a SS+ day today (day 16). I won't put the details on here but will put them in my diary if anyone does want to read (link in signature). Not even a proper one at that. I just needed something savoury and feel much better for it, though it is not something I will be repeating regularly!!! Sounds daft, but how do people afford to do SS+ every day? lol. Anyway straight back on to SS tomorrow - it's a long road ahead after all!

I had a peek at your diary. I think what you had barely qualifies as SS+ LOL :D but I know what you mean. And there were extenuating circumstances. Not exactly cheating in the hardcore sense of the word. ;)

But I completely agree - buying stuff for SS+ all the time must really start adding up when you couple that with having your 3 shakes a day.

Evening all, well I made it to day 9 and still going strong. Been for my WI tonight and lost 9lb woo hoo, am chuffed to bits...

Hope you're all well and staying strong xx

Had a bit of catching up to do tonight, I like when there's lots of posts to read. Just in from my CDCs, was there an hour because her other client cancelled due to the snow. The scales were far from nice, a measly 2lbs off from last Tuesday. I'm gutted even though I wasn't expecting much I thought 3 or 4lbs was possible so the 2 was a shock. BUT I've been 100% so it will shift at some point I hope.

I am sure you will see a nice big loss again next week. I seem to remember having alternate big and small loss weeks before.

So god damn cold tonight. Yes I appreciate it is actually cold out there, but I am still frozen. Grumble grumble...

That I can cope with, I'm just so scared of having low losses every week, it'll take too long. I'm doing cd because its a fast means to an end and if I'm going to lose small each week from now on what's the point of doing a VLCD? Aaargh need to fight to anti VLCD demons that creep in after a small week. It has to go, a stone a month will be fine.....

That I can cope with, I'm just so scared of having low losses every week, it'll take too long. I'm doing cd because its a fast means to an end and if I'm going to lose small each week from now on what's the point of doing a VLCD? Aaargh need to fight to anti VLCD demons that creep in after a small week. It has to go, a stone a month will be fine.....

You're not going to have low losses every week. :) But I know how you feel. Doesn't seem a lot for all that hardship. But if you'd lost 8lbs last week and 3lbs this week you wouldn't have thought anything of it (it was 9lbs last week, wasn't it?). And that really is the only way to look at this, weight loss being the fickle thing it is. You'll make up for it somewhere along the line by having a much bigger loss than you were expecting. :hug99:

I know I'm just being a baby about it (fear of it not working the 2nd time). I seriously can't complain 10lbs off last week and we'll see what tomorrow brings for my official weigh in. My CDC said 2nd and 3rd week losses are never great in her experience.

Just had a long hard think and right now I actually don't want to eat, I'm happy enough to carry on doing SS, for one thing it's far cheaper than actually eating. Right I'm going to man up, take my little loss and move on to next week.

Day 17!!!!! Absolutely stinking cold bleurgh! Think I need to rethink my sleeping position or something. Last night and night before have woken in lots of pain right in middle of spine and wondering if it is to do with having too many pillows now my belly is a bit smaller??? I sleep on my front and never had this before! Grrr. Maybe I just need to get rid of a pillow. Hmm.

Hope everyone is well and doing ok today?

I had a choc tetras for breakfast and saving my lovely warm porridge for lunch. Read Beck chapter on cravings last night which was a very useful tool

Just a quickie, official weigh in loss is 3lbs not overly happy with that but hey, new week now. Two weeks behind me!

Back