Step 1 Sole Source New team HARDCORE HOTTIES!!!

Well I am back on 100%SS form. 2 tetras and a porridge today and I feel goooooooooood! Actually that's a lie, I feel like c*ap - but in an "I've got a stinking cold way", not in any way related to the diet!!!!

Can't wait to shrink a bit more and for my clothes to be too big for me :)

But yeah, apart from this stinking cold and the stupidly freezing cold weather outside, it's alllll good :)

How is everyone else today?

Hi ladies, Cazza sorry you are not well hope you get better soon x Surfhunny well done on your weight loss!I have just had my second weigh in and lost another 4lb I am happy with this I know that the second and three week losses as Surfhunny mentions are not that good so quite happy with 17lb in two week!I hope everyone else is having a good week? x

Well done Theresa - half way to goal already!!!! Bloody hell, wish I was!

Cazza, I am but if you count when I started at over 17 stone in 2011 it has taken me a long while to get to here having put 23lb back on and wanting to lose a bit more than I did last time!You will get there! I really love your Goal Date that really made me laugh!What is the book that you are reading? it sounds interesting I love to read and got a new kindle for Christmas.

Reading Beck Diet Solution - it's available on Kindle. Really really good - CBT based look at weight loss, teaching you techniques to cope with hunger, cravings etc and helping you to lose it and keep it off!

Well done Theresa, fab loss!! Not much further now :)

I've read Beck last year, I did the cards and all the homework, followed it to the letter (out of desperation) but I don't think I'm all the receptive to CBT, I think I rebel against it :( I know others have a great success with it though so I won't diss the book, rather I'd say its me that didn't work, not the book. I hope it helps you.

I've got this awful burning feeling in my throat, I imagine its heartburn but I've never had heartburn before so not sure. My mum said it probably is that because my stomach is empty.

I had an interesting chat with my friend at work today. She said she admired me for doing cd and that she couldn't do it. She wanted to know if I thought I had a problem with food, how could I just go cold turkey and not eat or not even want to eat. I didn't really have the answer to that other than desperation and the fact that the results are fast. If I wanted to lose 4st on WW or SW it would take me a good two years and I'd probably lose interest long before I got there. I think she understood in the end. She's very supportive but just confused by it all. But it's nice to know she's on my side not just rolling her eyes like everyone else seems to be.

Doubt it. Unless for some reason they're disagreeing with you. The brand hasn't changed, has it?? But no, normally more thyroxine would speed things up, not make you retain water. How do you feel? Do you feel a bit under the weather? A bug of some kind could do that to you. Or TOTM?

No the brand hasn't changed just the dosage.I don't feel under the weather as such, just extremely tired.I only really seem to wake up late at night.TOTM isn't due yet.I'm not weeing very much so definitely retaining water for whatever reason :(

Well done Theresa, fab loss!! Not much further now :)

I've read Beck last year, I did the cards and all the homework, followed it to the letter (out of desperation) but I don't think I'm all the receptive to CBT, I think I rebel against it :( I know others have a great success with it though so I won't diss the book, rather I'd say its me that didn't work, not the book. I hope it helps you.

I've got this awful burning feeling in my throat, I imagine its heartburn but I've never had heartburn before so not sure. My mum said it probably is that because my stomach is empty.

I had an interesting chat with my friend at work today. She said she admired me for doing cd and that she couldn't do it. She wanted to know if I thought I had a problem with food, how could I just go cold turkey and not eat or not even want to eat. I didn't really have the answer to that other than desperation and the fact that the results are fast. If I wanted to lose 4st on WW or SW it would take me a good two years and I'd probably lose interest long before I got there. I think she understood in the end. She's very supportive but just confused by it all. But it's nice to know she's on my side not just rolling her eyes like everyone else seems to be.

Hi. It's interesting that you had the same conversation with a co-worker that I did today. My friend said she could NEVER do cd. I find it easier to give up food entirely and get the cravings for sugar and soda out of my system and just slowly work good eating habits back in once my goal is met. I liken it to a smoker who quits cold turkey. People can understand that but can't seem to get a grip on the concept of doing that to retrain your mind to a better way of thinking.

Day 18 here and all is good. Still coldy but otherwise ok. Really can't be bothered today. Don't get me wrong, I love my job and after a year of unemployment I am grateful to have a job at all, it's just today I'd rather stay in bed in the warm!!!

Hope all are well xxx

Sent from my GT-S5830i using MiniMins.com mobile app

Just a quickie, official weigh in loss is 3lbs not overly happy with that but hey, new week now. Two weeks behind me!

Well done, but I know what you mean. I lost 3lb this week ? but hey it's 3lb less. On to week 3 xx

starting weight 16st 5.5lb. week 1 -12.5lb

Well according to my scales I've gained back a stone which is totally impossible.I'm definitely retaining water-my hands and ankles are puffy and I'm only weeing 3 times a day-not normal on CD...I'm seeing my doc tomorrow :(

No not normal at all. Glad you are getting seen to.

No not normal at all. Glad you are getting seen to.

Been googling(oh the dreaded google) and most things seem to say kidney problems or heart problems...I'm wondering if my heart's not liking the bisoprolol as that's a beta blocker and I've never had those before.I have an enlarged heart anyway so it makes me wonder.I'll see what doc says but can't carry on like this-my hands are so swollen it hurts to move my fingers :(

Been googling(oh the dreaded google) and most things seem to say kidney problems or heart problems...I'm wondering if my heart's not liking the bisoprolol as that's a beta blocker and I've never had those before.I have an enlarged heart anyway so it makes me wonder.I'll see what doc says but can't carry on like this-my hands are so swollen it hurts to move my fingers :(

Oooh I hope it's nothing serious, glad you're at the dr tomorrow, sounds like it needs sorting quickly!!

Ditto - hope it's nothing serious. It all sounds rather strange. Hugs x

No chance it is related to your high blood pressure problem? That can cause you to retain water. Guess you won't know until you see the Dr tomorrow :(

Anyone got any snow yet? None here yet at all, but then I am in Portsmouth and we very rarely get any here, but even we have a few inches forecast! So guess we will see what happens tomorrow...

We've had snow since Monday, it's like Narnia here!! There's more on the way tonight and tomorrow too. I love my new car, it's so much better in the snow than my old heap and the heated front windscreen is bloody amazing I love just getting in, pressing a button and sitting for a minute or so then driving away, while everyone else is outside scraping!

Attachments

• image-57807901.jpg
    image-57807901.jpg
    667.1 KB · Views: 45
  • image-2584410405.jpg
    image-2584410405.jpg
    351.3 KB · Views: 40
Wow, you really are at the opposite end of the country to me! I lived in Nottingham for a few years until last summer and we used to get loads of snow there, but Portsmouth is too salty so we get very little!

Wow, you really are at the opposite end of the country to me! I lived in Nottingham for a few years until last summer and we used to get loads of snow there, but Portsmouth is too salty so we get very little!

Surprisingly I actually live by the sea too, I've got a sea view from my bedroom window. It's so cold there's actually snow on the beach. The paths at the sea front are fairly clear but still got plenty of the white stuff! I love it, and don't really mind driving in it, just wish people were a bit more sensible with keeping their distance.

Boo no movement on the scales :(

Back