Step 1 Sole Source New team HARDCORE HOTTIES!!!

Hugs Sal :hug99:

Must be a day for it. I did exactly the same thing earlier and worked out I'd have to do 2 stints of 12 weeks of SS to get close to having a BMI of 25.0. Felt a bit too much for a while - until I remembered just how long it would take on any other diet. By midsummer, I'll be getting close! I'll be able to wear strappy sundresses and, gasp, maybe shorts. Only in my own back garden mind - I wouldn't inflict the sight of all that cellulite on the world at large. ;)

Best not to think too far ahead hun. Just keep plodding on. The days are going to keep passing (Armageddon aside ;)) whether we diet or not. And I don't want to look back at this moment in 6 months time and think, "Why did I give up?" (I know you have no intention of that anyway!).

Guess I can write this here and hopefully not get duffed up for it - but there seem to be a fair few folk on the forum and starting the diet at the moment who are the same sort of height as me and weigh 11 stones-ish and it makes me want to weep. :D

But then again, I'm also conscious of all the people here who've got a lot more than me to lose, and then I feel really guilty. :eek: I guess it's all relative.

Plod on. That's what we must do!

Last edited:
I understand completely how you feel. Part of me can't believe I am 21 days in already, the other part of me just can't see the light at the end of the tunnel. I am preparing myself to be on this diet for the whole year. But I am just having to do it a day at a time. Once I can start to see a proper difference in my clothes I know it will help motivate me more. It is tough to accept that nearly 2 stone done has made no difference to my dress size...ok my clothes are looser, and it makes me realise I have been squeezing myself into too small clothes for some time!!!!

One of the biggest problems I had last time was not allowing my head time to catch up with my body. I lost 5 stone and went from a 24 to a 16/18 and just couldn't see the difference in myself. I could feel a difference - less aches and pains etc, but I couldn't SEE the difference in the way others did. My brain didn't ever catch up. To help me with this, I have done my measurements this time. And I really do think that is helping a bit!

Quitting just isn't an option this time. Yes it is a long journey ahead, but it is a journey worth taking. Like Lily said (sort of), in 6 months time it is going to be July, and it is going to be July in 6 months time whether or not we commit and do this diet or not!

Hugs Sal :hug99:

Guess I can write this here and hopefully not get duffed up for it - but there seem to be a fair few folk on the forum and starting the diet at the moment who are the same sort of height as me and weigh 11 stones-ish and it makes me want to weep. :D

Yup know exactly how you feel. There seem to be a lot of people on here at the moment with only a stone or 2 to lose and I just feel so so JEALOUS! But also so frustrated because they could get there in a month or two tops...if only they just stuck to it!!!!

Maybe I need to change my name to Psycho_Cazza? :rolleyes:

Yup know exactly how you feel. There seem to be a lot of people on here at the moment with only a stone or 2 to lose and I just feel so so JEALOUS! But also so frustrated because they could get there in a month or two tops...if only they just stuck to it!!!!

Maybe I need to change my name to Psycho_Cazza? :rolleyes:

And I could be Looney_Lil :8855:

Thanks ladies, I have just lost all perspective and freaked out!! I'm insanely jealous of those who only have a couple of stone to go and like Cazza says it could be over for them if they just suck it up and get on with it.

I am lucky I don't have more to lose, it could so easily have been the case. And there's no other diet that will do it for me. I found myself laughing at the man on the WW advert he lost 17lbs in 13 weeks on WW, he'd probably have done it in 2 on cd. So if I think this is going to take forever I guess I should remember how long it would take on any other diet.

My back hurts! Think I've done more exercise in the last 3 days than I have in 3 months!

N'night all. :)

BARING MY SOUL ..apologies for long post.. if you like to usually skip through threads you may not want to read

. Soo.. I've got about 10 pages of all your posts to read as I have been AWOL for exactly one week. So il post this then go read.
I have confession to make that after hardest weekend last week ( i was fearing for my daughters life after she suddenly became ill and hubby was away so i was alone on a sunday ( i live miles from hospital)with 2 young children) my week just got worse and I fell off the wagon as hadn't planned properly and was very tearful and stressed-and then after a very deep dark week ( was getting back on track then friend had to have emergency amniocentesis on her bump and her hubby is in saudi and family in poland so she rang me to go with her as emergency- and although by then I had 2 desperately ill children and hubby still away i couldn't say no and had to go even tho I'm terrified of hospitals) and so i didn't make it back on wagon. So apologies to everyone here that I wasn't about to support but am thinking positive tomorrow is day 1 again and this time I have learnt a lot about myself and the reason behind my weight
. I have been the size I am for more than 6 years now and have conned myself that I know how to loose the extra few stones to get into a normal weight range but in truth I'm a self sabotager. I've always known that!.. But this week I realised other things. ( I've been beginning to read dr beck which has helped) but essentially I don't see what I eat as important. I don't plan and I don't value the food I put into my body as being nutrients that keep me healthy and alive. I have come to realise that I need structure to my eating. Without a diet plan to follow I just go crazy and the voice in my head doesn't stop me when making bad choices. Which is why in the past ww and sw has just not worked for me. Even exercise does not help as my saboteur kicks in and justifies that I've exercised so I can do what I like. I can see now that I need the controlled approach of CD to retrain me in how I view food - I can hands up honestly say the days I do CD I know I'm getting my nutrients and vits and minerals etc in their entirety. Hand on heart I can't say that about any other day in the last few years when I've just eaten what I've chosen for myself. I find cooking irritating and always take the easy option but I have begun to see that most of my life problems stem from my eating habits. I have been thru some bad years of depression- linked to how I feel about my image and how I feel within myself- I'm always tired.. Could sleep all day, struggling to look after the kids because I'm so exhausted and feeling bad about that too. Stressed because I can't seem to stick to an eating plan. Depressed because I feel like I'm trying to fight out of a paper bag and getting nowhere.. And finally I see. That I have to start taking care of ME.. I have to make sure I get the balance of nutrients and drink the water because it is the key to everything else. The only way I can do this Is to stick with CD and refocus on how I will cope with life at the end. If history repeats itself il loose 2 stone then gain it again in a month and be back to the beginning. I'm not quite sure how I'm going to manage it as I have very low motivation and very little support around me ( everyone sees me as the lazy girl who could have ok figure if she just stopped eating and bothered going to gym.. But they don't realise I go to the gym 4 days a week and it makes no difference so no one wants to support me because they think I'm lazy) I now know I have a problem with my relationship to food and that like any health issue if you don't change.. It won't change.. I now just have to convince myself that I can do it alone and rely on myself and work out how I am going to achieve a good relationship with food in the future. Not just 6 months from now but 6 years from now too.
thanks for reading peeps. X

Just saw about the SS thread? I asked and got permission and joined but there is no one else posting on there. If someone wants to start a thread? It could avoid other people on threads accidentally mentioning forbidden food

Totally get your frustration about "lighter" peeps.. I know I might be in that category as only really need to loose 3 stone but if I had money down I'd bet that you guys reach your goal before mine.. Sadly I am a repeat offender and saboteur who until I sort my brain out will continuously be in a yoyo cycle, you all seem so very determined to get your weight down and keep in check which I have massive admiration for because I can see that you are making a statement and really mean it.

Like you wish you had less to loose.. I wish I had the courage and determination of others to know that I could do it instead of continuously doubting myself and becoming emotional because I feel like I don't have the strength to control my own destiny. Xx

Didn't want to read and run, even though I said I was going to bed.

First of all, big hug. :bighug: Sounds like you've had a spectacularly cr@ppy time. :hug99: As someone who's experienced rather a lot of low times, I can sympathise. You say you've had bouts of depression - do you think you're depressed now? Is it worth going to the doctor and getting some help? Cos - I know your stats are probably out of date but you say you've been about the same weight for years - you're not that overweight. Really. I know you feel it - I remember feeling that way myself back in the dim and distant past when my BMI was similar to yours. But it's fairly easily sorted with a bit of grim determination, and it sounds like you're getting to that stage.

Now, what stage of the plan have you been doing? If it's SS, may I respectfully suggest that you don't go to the gym 4 times a week - that will leave you exhausted. If you really like going then consider doing 810 if you aren't doing that already - you need the extra calories.

It doesn't sound like you're lazy at all, just stressed to the eyeballs. Be a bit kinder to yourself petal - you're going through a lot right now. Now one thing I do know about rough times is that it does help if you have at least one thing in your life under control, and dieting can be a good place to start. But do it because you want to do it for you, not because you feel you deserve punishment!

Hope you feel a bit better in the morning - and better for having written this post. xxx

Thanks lily x still up..( my other stress.. Running family business accounts and vat is due and numbers don't add up)
im under the drs on a v low dose of antidepressant as I'm steadier now than I have been for years but feel reluctant to stop tablets completely incase I fruit loop out and all the things I am holding together fall to bits! I have had various types of counselling in the past and am at a better point now than any other time. I discovered that I have suffered from child neglect.. Which is not the same as abuse.. But affects the brain in a similar way. As a child I was left to fend for myself a lot so never had a mother figure for me to model myself on which is why I struggle with things in life now as its like I didn't learn life skills as a kid. i was raised to always achieve and be the best and if you don't you get punished. So I never learnt that it's ok to fail at things and just pick yourself back up, instead I self criticise and punish myself for months sometimes years( I still tell myself off in my mind for failing a test 12 years ago. Even tho I went on to pass it later)
i also experienced abandonment as a kid big age gap between older siblings so at 11 I was left to fend for myself before and after school eye, I move out at 16 and didn't speak to parents for 3 years. It wasn't that we fell out- they just had no interest in me. So I also have big issues with trust and being abandoned which makes it difficult for me to make friends and keep them . I still convince myself everyday that hubby is only with me because he's go nowhere else to go and at the first opportunity will leave- and we've been together 8 years! It's a mental thing that I'm not sure il ever get round..
stopped the gym about 4 months ago as was always so exhausted- still feel same even with no exercise so know its the food I'm eating. My cd has discussed doing SS and having a day of 810 in patches of crisis so I'm going to follow what she advises. I'm just no good without a routine or a plan!!
but thanks for listening.

Aha, you've updated your stats now. :) Those numbers make more sense (it looked like you'd got a BMI of 27 when I looked last night).

No, I think I'd stick with the ADs for the moment too. Not a good idea to stop when you're trying to get things back on track!

Bundles, you can do this! There are always going to be rubbish times but we can't really eat ourselves out of them. Eating is only ever a temporary fix and often just gives us something else to beat ourselves up about.

What's the plan today then? SS? Got some packs you like? Make your mind up that you're just going to go for it. :clap: Do it hardcore. :) Get drinking the water and make a decision that nothing other than Cambridge packs are going to go in your mouth!

We'll all be cheering you on x x x

Last edited:
BARING MY SOUL ..apologies for long post.. if you like to usually skip through threads you may not want to read

. Soo.. I've got about 10 pages of all your posts to read as I have been AWOL for exactly one week. So il post this then go read.
I have confession to make that after hardest weekend last week ( i was fearing for my daughters life after she suddenly became ill and hubby was away so i was alone on a sunday ( i live miles from hospital)with 2 young children) my week just got worse and I fell off the wagon as hadn't planned properly and was very tearful and stressed-and then after a very deep dark week ( was getting back on track then friend had to have emergency amniocentesis on her bump and her hubby is in saudi and family in poland so she rang me to go with her as emergency- and although by then I had 2 desperately ill children and hubby still away i couldn't say no and had to go even tho I'm terrified of hospitals) and so i didn't make it back on wagon. So apologies to everyone here that I wasn't about to support but am thinking positive tomorrow is day 1 again and this time I have learnt a lot about myself and the reason behind my weight
. I have been the size I am for more than 6 years now and have conned myself that I know how to loose the extra few stones to get into a normal weight range but in truth I'm a self sabotager. I've always known that!.. But this week I realised other things. ( I've been beginning to read dr beck which has helped) but essentially I don't see what I eat as important. I don't plan and I don't value the food I put into my body as being nutrients that keep me healthy and alive. I have come to realise that I need structure to my eating. Without a diet plan to follow I just go crazy and the voice in my head doesn't stop me when making bad choices. Which is why in the past ww and sw has just not worked for me. Even exercise does not help as my saboteur kicks in and justifies that I've exercised so I can do what I like. I can see now that I need the controlled approach of CD to retrain me in how I view food - I can hands up honestly say the days I do CD I know I'm getting my nutrients and vits and minerals etc in their entirety. Hand on heart I can't say that about any other day in the last few years when I've just eaten what I've chosen for myself. I find cooking irritating and always take the easy option but I have begun to see that most of my life problems stem from my eating habits. I have been thru some bad years of depression- linked to how I feel about my image and how I feel within myself- I'm always tired.. Could sleep all day, struggling to look after the kids because I'm so exhausted and feeling bad about that too. Stressed because I can't seem to stick to an eating plan. Depressed because I feel like I'm trying to fight out of a paper bag and getting nowhere.. And finally I see. That I have to start taking care of ME.. I have to make sure I get the balance of nutrients and drink the water because it is the key to everything else. The only way I can do this Is to stick with CD and refocus on how I will cope with life at the end. If history repeats itself il loose 2 stone then gain it again in a month and be back to the beginning. I'm not quite sure how I'm going to manage it as I have very low motivation and very little support around me ( everyone sees me as the lazy girl who could have ok figure if she just stopped eating and bothered going to gym.. But they don't realise I go to the gym 4 days a week and it makes no difference so no one wants to support me because they think I'm lazy) I now know I have a problem with my relationship to food and that like any health issue if you don't change.. It won't change.. I now just have to convince myself that I can do it alone and rely on myself and work out how I am going to achieve a good relationship with food in the future. Not just 6 months from now but 6 years from now too.
thanks for reading peeps. X

Aw bless you, you've had a rough time of it recently. Hopefully things are on the up (not your weight though). I hope you can get back on track with your diet plans, don't beat yourself up too much about it, but get back on ASAP.

I'm reading a book that may or may not help some of us, it's helped me loads. It's called Brain Over Binge, Why I was Bulimic, Why Conventional Therapy Didn't Work and How I Recovered for Good, by Kathryn Hanson. The title put me off at first because I'm not bulimic, but it's more about her binge eating which I do associate with.

However the interesting part is about the brain and the signals it sends. Whether you're bulimic, a binge eater or just over eat its the 'animal' part of the brain that sends the signals you want to eat whether hungry or not. The thing about this is that the animal part of the brain can't make you act on the urges, it's the 'human' part of the brain that does this. So if you can separate the urges you can talk yourself out of it because its not a real urge (or something to that effect).

It's helped me because I recognise the feelings that come from and lead up to a binge, and I'm learning to just write them off as an impulse I can control. I've had yet another day involving getting stuck in snow and having to do an awful lot of walking up hill in deep snow. By the time I've got near home and the Spar shop I felt hellishly dizzy and sick and decided I needed carbs and other naughties to recover. I went into spar and came out with 6 eggs!! That's it!! In Spar I realised I'm not going to die if I don't eat carbs and naughty things, yeah it'd be lovely on a freezing horrible day to have a nice binge but I talked myself into having an SS+ meal instead, hence the eggs. Result!!

I'm still feeling dizzy but I'm guzzling water to try and counteract that. I know I won't have a decent loss this week because my poor body will have gone into shock, clamping down on every little bit of fat. But maybe inches will have gone instead??

Hi bundles. I'm not one for posting much as I am selfish and tend to get my support from reading all your posts before I go to bed. However, I just want to say... Chin up girl, you are amazing! Supporting your friends when you are in crisis yourself. I think that's bloody marvellous! You CAN do this, just report into this thread every day and the girls will support you big style! Gill x

Hey all. Bundles, it sounds like you are having a rough time at the moment. Hopefully you can get back on the CD wagon, but I think everyone will understand why if you are not in the right place right now! I have to be in the right place mentally to be able to do it!

Well I have just weighed in and another 5lb off this week! This takes my total to 27lb in 3 weeks :) Still seems like such a long way to go though...

Good work cazza :happy036: can't work out how to do a high five smiley??
So porridge for bf leek and potato soup for lunch choc shake for kids 5 pm meal and spicey tomato tonight.. Anyone else think leek and potato one tastes v powdery??
Struggling today as nearly lost voice and not managing to get my water down.. Had 3 black coffees and 1 litre so far.. Going to try and work on another litre while I watch supersize v skinny from last wweek thanks for your support everyone :)

.. Also didn't tell u guys about the dog last week.. She managed to snag her leg and rip her leg open. Dog ambulance to vets 30 mile away stitches anaesthetic and £890 later she came home. The bit sticking out her leg is not bone just a drain. But now I'm on dog watch all week to stop her chewing stitches as when she has cone in her head she bashes into everything and knocks kids over.. She's old and had bad eyes anyway
image.jpg

Ps.. Best thing I ever did taking out dog insurance. Sadly now means my daily walk around park exercise is off for 2 weeks.. Will go it alone some days but need someone to be here to keep an eye on dog! And hubby working away..
Never rains but it pours. Hopefully tho kids looking brighter and will be getting bk to school later this week. Which is good as an planning a big toy clearout to raise funds for next weeks CD shakes ;)

Absolutely bloody f-f-f-f-f-freezing brrrrrr. CD is definitely easier in summer...but then I wouldn't get the results I want in time for my holiday :D Keeping busy by updating my blog, facebooking, tweeting, and generally bumming around the net. Whole forum seems very quiet tonight...

BARING MY SOUL ..apologies for long post.. if you like to usually skip through threads you may not want to read. Soo.. I've got about 10 pages of all your posts to read as I have been AWOL for exactly one week. So il post this then go read. I have confession to make that after hardest weekend last week ( i was fearing for my daughters life after she suddenly became ill and hubby was away so i was alone on a sunday ( i live miles from hospital)with 2 young children) my week just got worse and I fell off the wagon as hadn't planned properly and was very tearful and stressed-and then after a very deep dark week ( was getting back on track then friend had to have emergency amniocentesis on her bump and her hubby is in saudi and family in poland so she rang me to go with her as emergency- and although by then I had 2 desperately ill children and hubby still away i couldn't say no and had to go even tho I'm terrified of hospitals) and so i didn't make it back on wagon. So apologies to everyone here that I wasn't about to support but am thinking positive tomorrow is day 1 again and this time I have learnt a lot about myself and the reason behind my weight. I have been the size I am for more than 6 years now and have conned myself that I know how to loose the extra few stones to get into a normal weight range but in truth I'm a self sabotager. I've always known that!.. But this week I realised other things. ( I've been beginning to read dr beck which has helped) but essentially I don't see what I eat as important. I don't plan and I don't value the food I put into my body as being nutrients that keep me healthy and alive. I have come to realise that I need structure to my eating. Without a diet plan to follow I just go crazy and the voice in my head doesn't stop me when making bad choices. Which is why in the past ww and sw has just not worked for me. Even exercise does not help as my saboteur kicks in and justifies that I've exercised so I can do what I like. I can see now that I need the controlled approach of CD to retrain me in how I view food - I can hands up honestly say the days I do CD I know I'm getting my nutrients and vits and minerals etc in their entirety. Hand on heart I can't say that about any other day in the last few years when I've just eaten what I've chosen for myself. I find cooking irritating and always take the easy option but I have begun to see that most of my life problems stem from my eating habits. I have been thru some bad years of depression- linked to how I feel about my image and how I feel within myself- I'm always tired.. Could sleep all day, struggling to look after the kids because I'm so exhausted and feeling bad about that too. Stressed because I can't seem to stick to an eating plan. Depressed because I feel like I'm trying to fight out of a paper bag and getting nowhere.. And finally I see. That I have to start taking care of ME.. I have to make sure I get the balance of nutrients and drink the water because it is the key to everything else. The only way I can do this Is to stick with CD and refocus on how I will cope with life at the end. If history repeats itself il loose 2 stone then gain it again in a month and be back to the beginning. I'm not quite sure how I'm going to manage it as I have very low motivation and very little support around me ( everyone sees me as the lazy girl who could have ok figure if she just stopped eating and bothered going to gym.. But they don't realise I go to the gym 4 days a week and it makes no difference so no one wants to support me because they think I'm lazy) I now know I have a problem with my relationship to food and that like any health issue if you don't change.. It won't change.. I now just have to convince myself that I can do it alone and rely on myself and work out how I am going to achieve a good relationship with food in the future. Not just 6 months from now but 6 years from now too.thanks for reading peeps. X Hi bundles, sorry you have been having such a terrible time, I really felt for your writing this post but really respected your honestly and opening your heart! I could really relate to some of the things that you wrote about such as your relationship with food! I do hope you have had a better day today! Sorry to hear about you dog I have also had a poorly dog who is getting better I had insurance just as well as the bill currently stands at £1500 pound! which I will be getting back from the insurance company!I have also been reading a book called "The Beck Soulution" which is really helping me at the moment it takes about the relationship with food and changing the way we think! I have only just started this but feel that it will really be helpful!I have also found reading other peoples posts and diaries has been really helpful and motivating for me, people have been so supportive!I hope you have had a better day, take care x

Back