New thinking of trying

linzi_lou

Hi, I'm thinking of tryin sw I've done weight watchers alot an lost 3+ stone before falling pregnant but since having my baby who's now 2! I'm struggling to stick to it, I'm still nearly 3 stone heaveir than pre preg and thinking about having another baby so want to get back in shape or at least lose a bit before getting preg again!

Anyway i thought maybe a change would be good but don't know very much about slimming world. Only that's there's no counting calories or very little, and there's lots of free foods an sins for treats? But that's only from what I've herd off other people.

Can anyone explain it and is it as good as some say? thanks

I love slimming world, its working great for me. Basically you can eat as much free food (lean mean, fish, pasta, rice, cous cous, eggs...) and superfree (nearly all fruit and veg) as you want as long as at least 1/3 of your plate is superfree. Then you are allowed healthy extras (cereals, brown bread for one healthy extra and cheese milk etc for the other) 1 of each kind a day on the main plan (extra easy). Then you have up to 15 syns for anything else (basically 300 cals a day of "naughtier" food)

Best thing you can do is go along to a group and they will explain it all to you. There are a few stickys at the top of this forum with some more detailed information on the plan.

Hope it works for you and good luck if you join :)

Ah ok thanks think I may well go along to my local group on Thursday an see what it's all
About in more detail!

Hi Linzi_lou
I was a sceptic a month ago, but some girls in my office were going to join, and I went along despite hating admitting that I needed help to control my eating habits (I've done WW before and lost over 1st), but this time I've found a determination I didn't know I had and I think that's down to having choices and being empowered. I'm not losing at a fantastic rate, but I believe, for the first time in a long time, that I can stick to this long term, and it will work. I do think that any slimming plan will only work if you are in the right frame of mind, you sound as if you are there so go along to class and I wish you lots of luck xx

Back