New to 5:2 a few questions

Amilee*

hello everyone .
I started last week after a recommendation from a friend.
I do fast day Monday when I do an excercise class( keeps me busy)
And Thursday ditto if I can

Breakfast boiled egg and asparagus spears
Lunch green salad
Dinner Mimi Spencer's 10 minute prawn curry and 200g cooked cauliflower rice
Diet Coke if hungry

Rest of the week I'm trying to follow slimming world ish and eating lots of veg, but had a few slip ups on the non fasting days

I'm having the same meals on every fast day at the moment as it keeps me full.
I'm going to try another mimi spencer monkfish dish this week.

Someone told me you lose more weight if you fast on two consecutive days but I don't fancy that.
What's the optimum way to do this plan.

My mum does hers together but I'm not hardcore enough to do that, I tend to stick to Monday & Wednesday & one the one occasion I did them together I had the headache from hell & overate the other days & gained!

Good luck with your journey x

General recommendation is exercise is better on higher carb days rather than fast days - you will have more energy.

Other than that congrats and good luck. I found 5:2 too stressful and did the odd week long fast 2015, but I'm now trying 6:1 because I want to make it a regular programed in thing until I find it easy - then go to 5:2

It's also good to have at least one day at say 2200 kcal or 2500 kcal, because it will help you to keep going with it.

my plan:1600:1800:1500:2200:1300:1800:500 :) 10700 calorie a week
exercising on 2200 and 1800 days

As long as I stay within my 500cals on my 2 fast days, can those 500 cals consist of absolutely any food I want to eat? Even if they're high carb and/ or high fat foods?

Back