New to all of this... Any tips?

Hi guys, I only started a couple of weeks ago. Did WW years ago but am finding pro points a lot harder to get the hang of! Maybe i am just out of practice calculating points etc but any tips would be really appreciated. I am allowed 26 a day.

My advice would be fill up on fruit & veg (zero points value foods) also diet coke etc.. Is zero points & really helps to cure a sweet tooth.

you can use your 49 weeklys how ever you wish, I use mine spread out each day, I don't feel so hungry then.

Do some exercise each day then your earning activity points too.

My aim is 2lb per week, I have another 42lb left to loose, if I keep on target all my weight will be gone in 5 months time, why not set your self a target each week & an overall goal date, gives you something to work towards.

Good luck x

Hi I'm new to this site too and on 26pp per day, I'm on my 5th week lost 9lbs so far... How's it going for you ? X

Thanks a mil. Am slowly getting there and getting the hang of it :) I tend to use my 49 on a blow out as I seem to have parties etc each week since I started! Find that even a couple of drinks really eats into my points - so not worth it but sometimes all you want on a friday and saturday are a few drinks with friends! I am aiming for 1-1.5LB a week as I only have a stone to lose and can't see myself keeping at it and keeping it off if I rush. Best of luck with it x

Yeah, I am on 26 too. Everyone I have spoken to in class etc is on more so I was beginning to feel I was the only one! :) I have only lost 4 pounds in 3 weeks but the first week was a bit of a disaster as I was away at a funeral. Then last week was my OH birthday so I may have gone ever so slightly over my 49 extras :) Still, I will carry on! I really stuck to it this weekend so lets hope it shows on WI day :) 9 in 5 weeks - well done you!! That is amazing!

Dying to be Thin again.. said:
Yeah, I am on 26 too. Everyone I have spoken to in class etc is on more so I was beginning to feel I was the only one! :) I have only lost 4 pounds in 3 weeks but the first week was a bit of a disaster as I was away at a funeral. Then last week was my OH birthday so I may have gone ever so slightly over my 49 extras :) Still, I will carry on! I really stuck to it this weekend so lets hope it shows on WI day :) 9 in 5 weeks - well done you!! That is amazing!

Hi ladies

I'm on 26 as well sometimes i find it really easy when i eat chicken salad etc other times I go into the weeklies without thinking (chicken Kiev and rice is 18pp!!)

have you checked out the food diaries on here? I have one your welcome to look at mine tho as I've I've been poorly for the last couple of weeks it would be better for you to look at the earlier weeks. There are loads of other diaries on 26 so there is lots to look at

Well done on your weight losses so far and good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Thanks a mil - will defo look at that! I have decided to start again today as the last 2 weeks (i only started just over 3 weeks ago!!) have been a nightmare! Away with work and missing meetings (could not find a meeting nearby on the days I was away), away at a funeral (eating whatever was made for me - cannot really ask for diet at a time like that!) and my husbands bday have all contributed to a horrible couple of weeks! Here I go again...will keep you posted! Here's hoping I can stayon the wagon this time as opposed to constantly falling off!! :)

Hi ladies. I'm too new at this and I'm on 26 points. I've always tried sw before but after 2 kids and a stone to lose I needed a change. Finding it quite hard as the points seem to go so quickly in the silliest things.

Are u guys doing this from home or group? I'm doing it from home with my friends books (she has a collection of them!) I'm aiming for 1-1.5lbs a week with the hope of getting into a nice dress for a friends wedding in September.

Feb up of 'trying' and not getting anywhere. Something has clicked this time and I'm in the zone as they say! Just need to do the exercise tho....

Good luck ladies, maybe we can support each other and tell each other our weekly weigh in results x

rharbord said:
Hi ladies. I'm too new at this and I'm on 26 points. I've always tried sw before but after 2 kids and a stone to lose I needed a change. Finding it quite hard as the points seem to go so quickly in the silliest things.

Are u guys doing this from home or group? I'm doing it from home with my friends books (she has a collection of them!) I'm aiming for 1-1.5lbs a week with the hope of getting into a nice dress for a friends wedding in September.

Feb up of 'trying' and not getting anywhere. Something has clicked this time and I'm in the zone as they say! Just need to do the exercise tho....

Good luck ladies, maybe we can support each other and tell each other our weekly weigh in results x

Hi and welcome!

I do ww at home don't use the books just the ultimate value app that I have so far I'm doing ok I lost went on holiday for two weeks all inclusive and out on and now back I've lost 12.5lbs so far so still a little bit to lose to get back to per holiday weight but only 7.5lbs to go to my first mini goal.

There is a weigh in section here too which has individual threads for each day

Good luck :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Back