New to Atkins

Hi & welcome you guys...

Atkins is a fabulous way to learn about yr body & what it can & can't tolerate. xx

Oh some more newbies, hi and welcome. :)

hi and welcome. are you close to your target weight? what are your stats i.e. height, goal weight etc?

Hi Amy and atmosphere and welcome to atkins . Amy i hope you are doing well and well into ketosis at this stage .Atmosphere it could depend on how much you have to lose as to how quick the weight comes off .I found when i got to around 10 stone it was really only a 1lb or 2 a week so it was slow going . The diet coke could well make you stall as a lot stall with citric acid and i myself had a thing for coke Zero for a short time .

Some people find too much cheese can stall them also .I find whipped fresh cream is a killer for me and had to limit my jelly and cream intake :D.When i was having a stall i found it good to do out a food diary of a day or two and get a more seasoned atkins person to have a look .In my case i had gone a bit mad on cheese and cream and limiting them meant i lost the next week .

Also look out for salt content .Rashers and ham can have a very high salt content causing you do retain water and masking any loss .

Also lastly take body measurements in inches and cms .I found i did not lose on the scales for weeks but i was losing cms all over the place and dropping sizes .A lot of Atkins followers find the same thing

Hi everyone!

So far so good for me :) 3lbs down, so back to my "pre-my-sisters-birthday" weight. I'm in ketosis now, so hopefully I'll continue to lose. Definitely finding that I'm less hungry through the day. Could just do with my OH to stop eating chocolate while sitting next to me!!

Morning Amy, give him a kicking love, that'll stop him and provide good exercise for you :D

I like your thinking Jim!! Multitasking too! Another 2lbs off this morning, woop! :D

Well done AmyLou I have an OH like you will sit and eat chocolate and biccies etc (though I don't discourage it as I've got to deal with it) so good on you for resisting and the fab start!!

Hey Guys,
Sorry I haven't replied in so long. I couldn't find the thread again. Ha.
Thanks for the advice on the diet coke. I'll change to coke zero.. Or try to get rid of it all together. Had a major slip up over the weekend.
Just going to get right back into the diet though.
Not sure if you were asking me about my stats.. But i'm 5 3, and did weight 10.11.
Have gotten down to 9.13 before the weekend. Messed up then and went back up to 10.3.
My aim is to get down to about 8.7.
I think you might be right about the cheese too. I do eat a lot of it. Think i'm also not drinking enough water.
Good job Amy. Losing 3 pounds is great.
i'm gonna try to get onto this forum a bit more often .

Well done Amy on the 3lbs thats great . Atmosphere welcome back stick with it because it does work . I am in Ireland also and it can be hard to find some low carb options . I am mad jealous of all the products i read about on here that i cant get .

Having a very late night snack, of two fried eggs. Forgot to eat today, was cramming all day for an exam tomorrow.
Does anyone have any tips for buying or making very low carb pizza (or similar to pizza) things.
That is my major downfall. Infact anything that could act like a sandwich would be great.
Hope everyone is doing well..
Alibabs.. Have you seen any good low carb stuff in the shops over here?

And try a savoury Mim for sandwiches - I mix up 30g flaxseed, grind, then add 1/2 tsp baking powder and some dried herbs, mix, add an egg and mix in, then I add about 1/4 small cup of water (just a splash, really) and mix well, then microwave for 3 mins. I use a square tupperware dish and it rises enough to slice in half - voila, two slices of bread. I don't like them plain but toast them in toastie bags - cheese and marmite on toast mmmmm

Does anyone have any tips for buying or making very low carb pizza (or similar to pizza) things.
That is my major downfall. Infact anything that could act like a sandwich would be great.

2 slices of corned beef sandwiched together with cream cheese.

gammon steak spread with tomato paste add cheese etc and grill.

hth!

Back