New to CD! Day 4.

lea01

Hello fellow Cambrideg Dieters!:)
I am very new to the diet and this forum but having found it, looks like it will help me get through this?! Good tips and encouraging motivation looks promsing? Would be good to talk to others going through the same motions.
I haven't really told anyone yet and so am feeling a little lonely with it at the mo. My hubby is very good but nothing like someone who knows!

Have dieted in the past losing 3 stone after my first pregnancy. Here I am again after baby 2. She is 6 months and thought it was about time I stopped crying everyday about the weight still on me. Seems to have really got to me this time. Don't feel like me at all. Have done 1 stone on slimming world (how I did it first time) but this time I feel the need to be quicker. Turning 30 in the summer and need to be back to size 10.
The day I started my duaghter caught my sons chicken pox and have had little sleep since. However I have stuck to it and feel good about that. Have a weigh in tomorrow as my consultant couldn't see me straight away and tues will be weigh in day. Hope im not disappointed as only 4th day. Although I have an awful taste in my mouth, ketosis perhaps? Hate water but have drank the 4 pints a day and ice is fab in the shakes!
Sorry, feel Im babbling.
Anyway, any helpful tips will def be gratefully recieved and look forward to hearing everyones successful weight losses.
Im sure there'll be difficult times ahead. :rolleyes:
Heres to becoming a yummy mummy again.
Hoorrah.
xx

Hello lea =) You sure came to the right place for support this forum has been my life saver on CD. You seem to be getting on really well its good that you drinking the water thats a very important part. Dont worry about being weighed after 4 days my first weigh in was after 5 days and i still lost 9lbs and even if your first is not as much as you expected it will show up in your 2nd wi for sure, Best of luck to becomming a yummy mummy =)

Thank you!

Hi Yolande
Thank you. I needed that. I am struggling tonight.
Was going well then the tiredness has kicked in! :cry:
9lb, thats amazing. Half of that and i'll be pleased.
Will keep you posted.
Well done on your amazing loss so far too!
Lea x

Last edited:
Once you get your first week done it will be much easier and im sure you will be suprised by your loss after even 4 days that it will spur you on and your 2nd wi shud be a good one too so you will have lots of motivation. I do it week to week instead of thinking about being on diet for months and to tell ja the truth time has flown by feels like just the other day i was a newbie now im in week 9!!! Whenever you feeling down or craving come on here read peoples success stories see their loss it will help =)

First weigh in done!

Hiya,
Well, had first weigh in after 4 days. Lost 3lb and 5 and a half inches. I know your right but for some reason today has hit me like a train. Im sooooooooooo tired and tearful. I know this is normal but first struggle and seems too early to start struggling. Will go read some stories and hopefully it will help. I KNOW I should be over the moon but my emotions are taking over today. :cry:Being emotional anyway prob doesn't help.
9 weeks, wow, thats amazing. Well done! How?
Sorry to be a pain. Can I ask you to tell me how to put on a weight scale like others do at the bottom or such like. God, im useless at this!
Thank you!!
Lea:)

Well done on the loss!!! And the loss of inches thats really good your 2nd wi will be a very good 1 too so you will get a great boost from it. I know its really hard i dont think i could ever put myself through that first week which is maybe partly why i dont wana cheat. Time is really flying by tho i sometimes cant believe im already in week 9 and for that time nothing but cd products and water have passed my lips =D
Do you mean the weight loss ticker??? Im not sure how to put one up but have seen a few people ask so there must be a post about it somewhere i just record mine in my signiture every week which you could do too but not sure if you have to have a certain amount of posts before you can. Keep going next wi will be great =D

hi lea, aw luv i know what its like, ive a toddler and a 4month old and when they are sick it can totally throw you off course youre so busy caring for them, ive decided to start CD on saturday after hopefully getting my packs on friday, would be nice to keepp in touch and spur each other on, not sure if you can pm on this site havent quite figured it out lol, good luck sweetie and well done on your loss in just 4 days!!! whoooo xx

Well done on started CD that is a great weight loss for 4 days work. The first week is definately the hardest. Days 4-7 being the worst. Once you are in ketosis you will get a surge of energy and the hunger will vanish. The cravings may not but I think that is why we go cold turkey (sorry for food ref) to try and battle our food demons. The ticker is easy, click on someone who has got one (use mine if you like)and it will take you to the site and you can choose your design. Once done three boxes appear at the end cut or copy the code in the first box. Then go to the top of the minimins site blue bar at top and click on user cp then edit signature. Paste the code in the box and save. (Ps you might wanna change your height in update statistic cos I am sure you are not 13ft 4) :D.PS same for the stars too. Good luck Jayne

Last edited:
Hey try looking at the inspirational pics I
Look at them when I struggled in the first week and they spurred me on. Also I buy myself little treats like a nice shower scrub and lip balm etc :) at a month I plan to get a nice bottle of perfume and maybe some heeled wedges I've seen which will look fab with some skinny jeans or shorts :) good luck. This forum is fab!! Everybody has great advice and were all going through the same so your not alone :)

well done on your loss for 4 days, i had first weigh in today 7th day i lost 7 so stick it out because it works and there are plenty of us on here to listen x

Thank you soooooooo much! 1 wk done!

:) Thank you so much ladies, I was so chuffed to see those replies and have me smile again. I have struggled since day 5 with tiredness. I really couldn't shake it off but today I seem to have woke up feeling a bit better and positive again. And I can see in the mirror a difference already and clothes not looking tight, great feeling today.:happy036:
The children being better is helping! I had date night with hubby to cinema last night and we didn't have any naughy food obviously, but it didn't matter!
Missy_mint, you are right and this I will do! Never object to spending money. Especially shoes and bags! To be honest im saving money as usually go to supermarket every other day and spend fortunes! Thank you. :)
Fab flighter, hahaha I did see that but am struggling to change it. Im so crap at these things. My hubby is a computer geek for a job and laughs at me lots! You mentioned that burst of energy...im still waiting. I need it! Im hoping im not going to skip that feeling as it feels like it. Thanks for ticker info....will try that later on. It looks cool and like you can see your progress, oh the small things.
Cathy2009, Yes, def, would love to share our experiences. I have to say although the tiredness is tough, the actual diet is not so bad. Totally cutting out the food is working cause I have zero will power and this way there's no tempation. Good luck, let me know you get on and keep in touch. I think you can pm on here, just not sure how yet. As you know, with two little monkeys life is hectic so getting on is hit and miss! The best advice I can give you (that others said to me and is so true) Take one day at a time. Once you get into the swing of it too you'll know you've done the right thing.
Have a good day lovelies.
Lea xx

Thanks xsinead. I do find those stories inspirational. Thought I was doing ok...until today. Funny how it just hits you.
Anyhow, saw one of your posts earlier but couldn't stop to comment then. As alot of peeps said you look so beautiful. It's so hard to believe your weight as you really don't look it in your pic.
Please don't be disheartened by your loss, it's a fab loss. I'd have been chuffed with it. Well done. Look forward to hearing more about how you get on. Good luck for the week ahead. We CAN do this! x :)

Back