New to CD!

Felix

Gold Member
Hi all!
After researching this diet for a while I have taken the plunge and got in touch with a local councillor (she is coming round on Monday evening!)
I have done similar diets before (celeb slim & tony ferguson) but not done very well :(
I am hoping that getting weighed every week and having that person there for support will spur me on. I have about 6 stone to lose.
My other half is joining me too so fingers crossed we will be skinny minnies soon :)
Just a question if anyone can help - the other diets I have done required me to drink a lot of water the same as this one but I am very concious about going to the loo a million times a day when im at work! Does the need to pee so much go away after a while or will it be the same all the way though? (sorry if thats too much info haha...)
Also, I work in a big office and im quite a shy one and feel a bit stupid if im going off to make a shake for my dinner. How can I get round this? I know it sounds silly but im a bit paranoid and ill think that everyone is judging me for it!

Roll on monday evening!!

Hi, welcome Felix. At first you will need to go to the toilet more often but this will become less frequent as your body adjusts and gets used to the larger daily water intake. To answer your question about the shakes, you can also buy ready made tetra shakes.

Good luck. :)

Thanks :) ready made sounds perfect. I can hide behind my desk and sip it in private haha.

What should I expect when she comes round on monday? I havent a clue!

Hi Felix

Welcome to the forum

This should be helpful to you http://www.minimins.com/cambridge-diet-faq-general-information/7212-what-you-can-expect-cdc.html .. it's also worth reading the FAQs up at the top of the forum etc.

I'd also suggest you read thedietguy.co.uk as your mindset is crucial to the success of this plan ... as he says "believe you can and you will, believe you can't and you won't". He gives some exercises to do that really get you thinking positively and i've found it invaluable.

Also might be worth exploring whether you are an emotional eater or not as that will have a lot to do with your maintenance (a lot of us are using CD to change behaviours too and the evidence suggests this is the most likely combination to keep the weight off). There is a post related to emotional eating further down page 1 or on page 2 of this forum.

Good luck!

Back