New to CD

Hi everyone!

I'm new to CD....I'm seeing my CDC on Monday and starting on Tuesday. I'm really excited and determined to finally get my weight off (need to lose 6 stone :()I have been an emotional eater all my life but have had therapy for the issues I was dealing with and I now no longer need to stuff all my feelings down with food.

Does anybody have any good advice/tips for the first week on the plan?

Lots of love from Sparkles
x x x

Hi

My advice would be to refrain from a last minute binge, cut out the carbs over the weekend and it will be easier getting into ketosis when you start SS on Monday. The first 3/4 days are not nice, but stick with it, drink plenty of water and have paracetamol on standby.

Good luck, and stick with it, after a few days ketosis kicks in and it becomes so much easier. It is a great diet once you get going.

Stick with it. The first few days will be hard, but at nearly 7 weeks in I am still finding it easier and easier as the days pass :D

Hi everyone!

I'm new to CD....I'm seeing my CDC on Monday and starting on Tuesday. I'm really excited and determined to finally get my weight off (need to lose 6 stone :()I have been an emotional eater all my life but have had therapy for the issues I was dealing with and I now no longer need to stuff all my feelings down with food.

Does anybody have any good advice/tips for the first week on the plan?

Lots of love from Sparkles
x x x

Hi Sparkles, welcome and good luck on your weight loss journey! This is a great plan and really works once you get into ketosis! I would also say don't have a last binge and if you can cut out the carbs in the next few day this will really help! The first few days is the hardest! You sound really motivated and determined which will really help with your journey!

Good luck! X x x

Thank-you both! I'm going to attempt to do ss for the first 12 weeks if I can!

Your first 12 week will fly by...I'm 16 weeks in and 4 stone lighter. Like someone else said days 3/4 are pretty crap but I woke up on day 5 feeling like a new woman. Well worth it!!

Good luck and let us know How your getting on :)

Hi Sparkles, good luck for day 1 today, order a good variety of flavours to try over week 1 to see what you like. I prefer the packet shakes to the carton ones as I find them sickly. I agree with the other girls first 3/4 days are the hardest resisting temptation. You'll get there though xx

Hi everyone thanks for all your advice and well wishes! Well I've managed day 1! Haven't really thought about food much to be honest! Had Maple Syrup and Pecan porridge for tea bleurgh can't say I'm a fan of that! Hoping the apple and cinnamon will be better. Maybe I just need to adjust! The shakes are lovely tho :) My CDC says I can lose 5 stone easily by my holiday at the beginning of August which will get me to my target weight.....it sounds way too good to be true!! I'm excited about starting my new journey - but not looking forward to day 3/4!!

Hiya sparkles, im on day two today and its been hard as the hunger pains have really kicked in but im keeping myself motivated by thinking of how much better ill feel in the summer when I can fit into all the lovely clothes in the shops without looking awful. I have about 4 1/2 stone to lose. Im just drinking plenty of water, I bought a funky bottle from the poundshop and I carry it everywhere. Keep busy as well, I find im worse when I have time on my hands to think about food. I find cooking the family meals really hard but I just keep my bottle of water handy and I keep sipping or I have a cuppa. Good luck :)
Jemma xx

Back