new to exante

Hi am day 4 on exante, going well...so far so good, major trouble today with the tomato and basil soup, mad thats bad,, any ideas how to jazz that up.. daft question, with the choc shake can you make with boiling water for hot choc instead think it might taste better. finding the shakes quite powdery but just down them quick.. any tips much appreciated:)

Last edited:
Yeah, the tomato and basil is vile!!!! How are you mixing your shakes? I find using an electric handheld mixer helps a lot. I like the chocolate hot - in fact, I mixed the choc and banana tonight and that was so yummy!

I used an hand blender today and it has made the shake much better.

With the tomato and basil soup, I put coriander leaves, mild madras curry powder, garlic flakes, chilli flakes and pepper in it. Made it taste like curry and I loved it lol. I jazz up all the soups with herbs and spices.

I also cook them in a pan, as I have heard this makes them better than just pouring water in. It also helps me to feel like I am cooking myself dinner. That helps a lot too :)

I make them with more water and use a little spoon. This makes it feel like it lasts longer like a real meal and adds satisfaction to my brain :)

Good luck on your Exante journey :) x

Well I am on day 4 today and to be honest I actually like all the shakes with Vanilla my favourtie. I have not tried the soups yet but have ordered the. I love soup so I am hoping that none of them are going to taste bad.
Good luck Claireabelle, I have lost 9lbs in 3 days.

I used an hand blender today and it has made the shake much better.

With the tomato and basil soup, I put coriander leaves, mild madras curry powder, garlic flakes, chilli flakes and pepper in it. Made it taste like curry and I loved it lol. I jazz up all the soups with herbs and spices.

I also cook them in a pan, as I have heard this makes them better than just pouring water in. It also helps me to feel like I am cooking myself dinner. That helps a lot too :)

I make them with more water and use a little spoon. This makes it feel like it lasts longer like a real meal and adds satisfaction to my brain :)

Good luck on your Exante journey :) x

I'm gonna try your recipe with the tomato & basil, cos I've got 5 meals worth of it and I can't let it go to waste can I?

Hi Claireabelle

As others have said a stick blender helps to mix both the soups & shakes.
I have both chocolate & vanilla shakes hot; I split the packs in half or thirds & add to coffee, with sweetener, cinammon etc. It feels like you are getting more & as helped with upset stomach.

The soups are an acquired taste because of their milkiness, but the addition of herbs & spices certainly helps (I'm going to try Isis's suggestion of making the soup in a pan).

There is a sticky on the lighter life forum for recipies with packs, making mousse, muffins, crisps etc.

I'm gonna try your recipe with the tomato & basil, cos I've got 5 meals worth of it and I can't let it go to waste can I?

It is worth it. I do not want to waste any packs lol

welcome clairebelle, i too are on day 4 and have a stinking headache, i am hoping i am at the beginning of ketosis. I don;t mind the soup infact i think the whole pack tastes good compared to the cambridge i tried a couple of months ago. Good luck and keep in touch maybe we can egg each other on.

thanks

Thanks guys for the lovely welcome and suggestions, love the idea with the tom soup anything has got to be an improvement and can't afford to throw them lol..... Very proud of myself, been away all weekend have sat watching everyone tuck into some yummy bbq food etc and have stuck to my packs so am well pleased.. next dilemma how long does it take for your bowels to kick back in now day 7 not good!!!:confused:

Thanks guys for the lovely welcome and suggestions, love the idea with the tom soup anything has got to be an improvement and can't afford to throw them lol..... Very proud of myself, been away all weekend have sat watching everyone tuck into some yummy bbq food etc and have stuck to my packs so am well pleased.. next dilemma how long does it take for your bowels to kick back in now day 7 not good!!!:confused:

Well done! That is amazing!

I have never had a problem with the digestive bit lol....I drink so many teas that aid digestion and drinking lots of water....so I don't know what you can do. I am sure someone will have some ideas on it :)

I have 2-3 litres of water :)

The teas I drink are peppermint (aids digestion, helps gallstones which I already have, and freshens breath which we need lol), oolong (Wu Yi) (more fat burning than green tea) and nettle (because Gillian McKeith swears by it lol)

I bought a new one today at a Mind, Body and Spirit Fair I went to. It is called Premium Java Tea (aids blood pressure, digestion and lots of other stuff lol.....and is very refreshing)

For sure Claire!!lol...My biggest fear is going around with dragon breath lol

I had that problem once and the advice I got was to up my water intake while trying one of those fibre supplements that you mix in with water. That didn't help, so senokot was the next suggestion. Again this didn't work and I was severely bloated and miserable by then, so dulcolax was next. I got fed up and ate a plateful of a variety of vegetables and sorry if it's TMI, but what an awesome dump and what a relief!
I even had a better loss that week, probably cos everything that was weighing me down was out.
Hope you got some ideas here.

well done for your weight loss, i weigh in on wed morning, but i bet i don;t lose that much, oh well we see.

Thank you :) I am sure you will have done great!

Back