New to exante...

Thisisit!

Hi everyone,

Been reading the forum and just joined up, finding this forum very inspirational!

I just wondered if anyone had ever struggled to lose much on exante (bit of an odd question, I know!). I'm just asking as I did four weeks on it a few weeks ago and gave up:eek:. I'd only lost 3 pounds total, and I have so much to lose I got a bit despondent.

Anyway, started again last week. I'm doing a bit of a combo between TS and WS, but following the rules etc. So far though, I've only lost a pound in a week, and whilst I know it is very early days, I wondered if anyone else maybe found weightloss slow to start and then things geared up a notch..maybe?

I know people usually start off losing a fair bit to start, so not sure why I'm not. Maybe my body is just in shock after all these years!

Welcome Thisisit,
I'm not sure I've got any good answers for you, as I've been lucky and have had pretty good losses with this diet (certainly when I stick to it anyway!) You don't say how much weight you have to lose, as those without too much to lose will tend to lose it more slowly. Are you drinking much water? Make sure you keep your hydration up, but spread it through the day. If you've been dieting leading up to starting Exante too, you're unlikely to get such an impressive starting loss either.

Hopefully someone else may be able to help too. Alternatively you could email Exante, they're usually pretty helpful and fairly quick to reply.

Good luck with it, and hopefully this diet will help you reach your goals :)

Hi Cybill,

Thanks for your reply and welcome, and congrats on doing such a great job with your weight loss! Ah, lots to lose sadly, 6.5 stone (at the least). Drinking lots of water and I will stick in there for a while yet and keep my fingers crossed.

That is odd I know when I did LL a few years back my losses were very low but then I find most diets like that

Is this slow loss just on Exante?

I mean when I did WW I stuck to it religiously for a month and gained 5lbs :(

Thanks Carly82. Truthfully, I haven't really been anywhere near a diet for night on ten years so I honestly don't know! I remember when I was young being able to put on and lose weight very quickly, so I was kinda hoping it might be the same now.

I'm trying to tell myself it is temporary and weight loss will kick in soon, I think just 'cos I tried it for a few weeks before I'm a wee bit (or quite a lot!) worried I'll be the anomaly, as it isn't looking great for me so far. Will keep at it for a bit though, maybe my body is storing up my losses so far for one massive loss one of these weeks?!

Thisisit! said:
Thanks Carly82. Truthfully, I haven't really been anywhere near a diet for night on ten years so I honestly don't know! I remember when I was young being able to put on and lose weight very quickly, so I was kinda hoping it might be the same now.

I'm trying to tell myself it is temporary and weight loss will kick in soon, I think just 'cos I tried it for a few weeks before I'm a wee bit (or quite a lot!) worried I'll be the anomaly, as it isn't looking great for me so far. Will keep at it for a bit though, maybe my body is storing up my losses so far for one massive loss one of these weeks?!

I really hope so :)

I'm sorry it seems to be so hard for you that truly does suck, for want of a better expression.

I hope it goes really well this time maybe it'll just take a little more perseverance :)

Good luck

Hi there & Welcome to the site.

I find that I put on weight at AAM week or v slow losses on WS takes a couple of weeks at 100% to get the good losses again.

Hang in there. Hopefully it works out for you soon.

welcome - it does take time to adjust to this diet for sure. But it will work, I find it really helps not to weigh to often. I am also more than capable of getting despondant if I do. It will work, just follow it to the best of your ability and be patient.
Good luck

GSQ

Thanks for the welcomes and advice. I will stick with it and avoid the scales for a couple for a couple of weeks and hope for the best. Good to know it can take other people a bit of time to get the losses showing, makes me feel hopeful it might actually work in the end! Thanks.

hi..
i always think that a loss is a loss no matter how small...but a friend of mine had similar problem to you and she went to her doctor..He tested her thyroid function and it wasnt right.. She got some meds for it and within a month was losing much faster.. just a thought..i dont know how old you are but she was 56....good luck xx

Hi. I have very slow losses. It's taken me 5 years to lose 100 pounds. I am hypothyroid. It might be worth you getting this checked out. If you are sticking to it 100% then your losses are a bit odd.

Other signs of being hypothyroid are tiredness, weakness, fuzzy brain, constipation, cold all the time, slow heart beat - basically everything slows right down. You GP can check it out with just a blood test.

Back