New to Exante

princessj

Hi - I started on Exante Total Solution on Friday 29th March (so four days in) Today has been a toughie and I came within inches of giving in. I bought the month bumper pack. I like the soups with lot of pepper (dont like the bars at all though) the shakes I like warm, and will try adding coffee as I see a few do. Im trying to drink 2-3 litres of water, but it is so bland.
Any tips and support would be great. I have been very hungry today, and actually got a huge carb crave, put my coat on an hour ago to walk to my local chippy for a bag of fish and chips - I stopped and actually prayed for strength not to. I weigh 11st 11b and need to loose about 1.5 stone - i am not going to weigh myself - I am going to see if I can get into my clothes of 2 years ago - they will be my benchmark. Anyone finding frequent trips to the loo during the night? and tips and help would be appreciated - this is not going to be easy - but I need to loose the extra weight I am carrying xx

Last edited:
Hi - I started on Exante Total Solution on Friday 29th March (so four days in) Today has been a toughie and I came within inches of giving in. I bought the month bumper pack. I like the soups with lot of pepper (dont like the bars at all though) the shakes I like warm, and will try adding coffee as I see a few do. Im trying to drink 2-3 litres of water, but it is so bland.
Any tips and support would be great. I have been very hungry today, and actually got a huge carb crave, put my coat on an hour ago to walk to my local chippy for a bag of fish and chips - I stopped and actually prayed for strength not to. I weigh 11st 11b and need to loose about 1.5 stone - i am not going to weigh myself - I am going to see if I can get into my clothes of 2 years ago - they will be my benchmark. Anyone finding frequent trips to the loo during the night? and tips and help would be appreciated - this is not going to be easy - but I need to loose the extra weight I am carrying xx

Hello Princess, sorry I've only just seen this.

I can't give you any tips as I'm new to Exante too.

I'm going to the loo lots too, it's all the extra water we're drinking.

Hang on in there and good luck. Oh, and well done for not having those chips! :hug99: xx

Hi Princessj

I have only just seen this too.

Well done for not caving in! You should be proud of yourself for doing that!
I agree the bars are horrible, I just do shakes only as they are what I prefer, making the shakes in a blender with ice and a sweetener or 2 makes a real difference and I seem to enjoy them more!

Water can get boring after a while, but you can have Coke Cola Zero and Sainsbury's Strawberry and Kiwi flavoured sparkling water (as there is no citric acid in these) I can honestly say I couldn't get through the diet without these drinks, I really appreciate a glass of coke zero or flavoured water and it makes such a difference. I have about 1 bottle of the water a day (on top of my plain water intake) and it doesn't affect my weight loss. It's cheap too so added bonus!

Hope you are still going strong!

And also I know you said you are not going to weigh yourself but for me personally, seeing those numbers disappear on the scales is the only thing that motivates me to keep going! :)

Kele

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Keep strong and well done for soldiering on through the tough time you had. I am returning to exante today after coming off it last year. I would just say stay strong and the longer you are on the diet honestly the easier it gets. I know you arent supposed to eat on TS but if you are really struggling, I found that having an evening meal to look forward to sometimes helped - I used to make scrambled egg with 2 egg whites and one full egg , no milk. To make it taste nicer Id add grated cheese. Or if you snacked on a small handful of nuts this could help. The carb cravings subsided with me fairly quickly to the point that I couldnt stand the thought of eating a sandwich or a pack of crisps. The coke zero is a good suggestion too for drinks although I would keep these to a minimum. Ive noticed exante now do water flavourings so im not sure if these are nice or not? Once you have been on the diet a while and firmly in ketosis perhaps you could try tea/coffee with small bit of milk. I found the lactofree milk has much less carbs than normal milk so less likely to throw u out of ketosis. Hope this helps.

Thank you both very much - I had a nasty fallback last weekend, as it was my daughters bday and we went out for a meal (I had salad and meat - but then blew it on easter sunday by having cream eggs - came out of ketosis) Back on track from today - The food and drink tips are great social butterfly, thanks - hang in there too gigglepants - we will make it!:D

Back