Total Solution New to Exante

deedee82

Hi Guys im new to Exante and never done a VLCD before, Im on day 2 now and all seems OK. Must say I did get a headache yesterday but ive put that down to not drinking enough water due to being busy.

Ive previously lost 2 and half stone just eating healthily and exercising, but im really struggling to loose this last stone and half. Done numerous diets before (Dukan Diet, 5:2 Diet, Slim Fast ect ect) but noting seems to work for me or its does for a couple of week then the weight goes back on and wont shift!! :mad:

Got a holiday booked for the beginning of July so Im hoping that finally at the age of 31 I will be able to wear a bikini and not feel like running for the hills and covering up every inch of my body :eek:

Just a quick question though, It says on the packs to do 20 mins of exercise a day, I currently go to a few exercise classes, nothing to strenuous (Legs bums n tums, body tone and cardio tone) The classes are 45 mins each, will I still be ok to go on this diet??

Start Weight - 12st.9lb
Goal Weight - 11st

Will Keep you updated on my progress :D

Deedee

Hiya deedee!

welcome and good luck!!

Try and make sure you get enough water! I basically carry a 1 litre sports bottle with me every where and I'm drinking about 4 litres of water a day!!

Some people say that if you were doing the exercise before the diet then it will be ok, but if you can hold off on the classes for a couple of weeks til your body gets used to being on 600 calories a day then I would! Otherwise your body will think its starving and will actually hold on to fat to protect its organs!

Welcome Deedee. I have only just started exercising, because the first couple of weeks left me drained. Like Chelly says, let your body adjust - I'm sure it'll let you know when it's ready to work out! x

Thanks for the advice ladies, I will give the classes a miss for a couple of weeks and then see how I feel after that, I will just do the 20 mins its advises at home.

Feeling positive at the moment but im only on day 2, so fingers crossed my positive attitude continues :)

x

Keep that state of mind and you will be grand =) not gonna lie it does get tough and your inner demons will scream to just eat something but the feeling of accomplishment you get when you hit ketosis and haven't cheated beats the taste of anything you could eat =)

Can I just ask how you know when you are in ketosis? Ive read on here its roughly after 3 to 4 days? Is this correct?
x

Can I just ask how you know when you are in ketosis? Ive read on here its roughly after 3 to 4 days? Is this correct?
x

I took 5 days to really get into it properly. I had dry mouth, metallic type taste, was pretty happy and had a good amount of energy. I also have ketostix, they aren't hugely reliable but I did one that day and it confirmed a good ketosis. X

I use ketostixs, a fiver from Boots, they've been really good. Started not in ketosis, gradually got into it in first week, progressed to a nice deep pink - optimal ketosis, and have stayed steady since. I'm not checking every day now, only when I've had a blip and want to see if I've come out of ketosis.

Brill Thanks guys, I will nip to boots at lunch today. I must say its only 10 o'clock on day 3 but I thought I would have been starving by now but no im doing OK :)

So still feeling positive, im highly tempted to get on scales but don't want to be on and off every day. Gonna hold out till Friday I think, so I will let you know :)
x

When you do decide to test, as long as its pink then your in ketosis. Heard them described liked pregnany tests, you either are or your not. The paler the colour suggest that your well hydrated, if the pink is darker then you may be dehydrated and need to drink more water. The best time to test is first thing in the morning as it will be at its strongest.

I love them but they are slightly addictive lol.

X

Thanks for the advice I will give it a go in the morning ? x

Didn't mean to put a question mark ha ha, just got the app on my fone and it turned a smiley face into a question mark!! Good luck with ur weightloss too x

Good luck to you too, been struggling a bit this afternoon can't stop thinking about food :( but I just have to keep telling myself it's not forever and nothing tastes as good as slim feels, so I will not be beaten :)) x

Back