New to MiniMins and restarting Slimming World

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Purplejay, 23 March 2011 Social URL.

1. Purplejay

Purplejay Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st0lb
    Current Weight:
    16st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Weightwatchers
    Hello Everyone,
    Thought I would introduce myself. I am 38 and have been on many diets over the years.

Last year from April to Oct I lost about a stone and then since then have put a couple of pounds back on, lost them, put them on again etc but haven't been able to get motivated to loose anymore. If I am not careful, it will just sneak back on again.

Anyway, I feel really unfit and that is part of my motivation to get started. I walked up a steep hill a couple of weeks ago after having to get the bus to work (I usually drive) and it nearly killed me :eek:

Sooo, I have dug out my old slimming world books and found this site by searching for syn values via google. I was going to pay to go to classes but now am thinking the money would be best spent on joining the gym and I would try these forums for support and motivation and hopefully can help others with their journeys too. I have already started a food diary on the Slimming World boards!

Just to add, my current goal is what I thought was realistic but would still be a bmi of 25.5 so ideally I hope to loose more. However, I hope to be 12 st by the time we go on holiday in July! I am on a mission!!!

Hope to chat to some of you soon.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Caroline82

Caroline82 Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st9lb
    Current Weight:
    10st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st2lb
    Lost(%):
    2st4lb(18.08%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    Hi, welcome to the site! I joined about a month ago after finding it the same way as you! Googling syn values lol. It really is a brilliant site, the support and advise is amazing and I've set myself a couple of the little challenges too which keep me motivated! I started sw 4 weeks ago and achieved my 1/2 stone in 3 weeks so was over the moon! I've started swimming and doing Zumba and have now got back into my size 12s and I feel so much more energized its an amazing transformation!

I wish you the best of luck for your weight loss journey and look forward to reading all about it!

P.S I see your in Derbyshire, Im from there too! xxx

4. Purplejay

Purplejay Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st0lb
    Current Weight:
    16st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Weightwatchers
    Hi and thanks for the welcome. You sound like you are really motivated and doing well, good luck to you too x

5. K Dee

K Dee Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st6lb
    Current Weight:
    13st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st6lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    All the best on your weight loss journey, it's doable........

6. IreneH

IreneH Gold Member

Diet:
    WW
    Hi and welcome. Good luck with SW

Irene xx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.