Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

New to MiniMins and restarting Slimming World

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Purplejay, 23 March 2011 Social URL.

1. Purplejay

Purplejay Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st0lb
    Current Weight:
    16st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Weightwatchers
    Hello Everyone,
    Thought I would introduce myself. I am 38 and have been on many diets over the years.

Last year from April to Oct I lost about a stone and then since then have put a couple of pounds back on, lost them, put them on again etc but haven't been able to get motivated to loose anymore. If I am not careful, it will just sneak back on again.

Anyway, I feel really unfit and that is part of my motivation to get started. I walked up a steep hill a couple of weeks ago after having to get the bus to work (I usually drive) and it nearly killed me :eek:

Sooo, I have dug out my old slimming world books and found this site by searching for syn values via google. I was going to pay to go to classes but now am thinking the money would be best spent on joining the gym and I would try these forums for support and motivation and hopefully can help others with their journeys too. I have already started a food diary on the Slimming World boards!

Just to add, my current goal is what I thought was realistic but would still be a bmi of 25.5 so ideally I hope to loose more. However, I hope to be 12 st by the time we go on holiday in July! I am on a mission!!!

Hope to chat to some of you soon.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Caroline82

Caroline82 Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st9lb
    Current Weight:
    10st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st2lb
    Lost(%):
    2st4lb(18.08%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    Hi, welcome to the site! I joined about a month ago after finding it the same way as you! Googling syn values lol. It really is a brilliant site, the support and advise is amazing and I've set myself a couple of the little challenges too which keep me motivated! I started sw 4 weeks ago and achieved my 1/2 stone in 3 weeks so was over the moon! I've started swimming and doing Zumba and have now got back into my size 12s and I feel so much more energized its an amazing transformation!

I wish you the best of luck for your weight loss journey and look forward to reading all about it!

P.S I see your in Derbyshire, Im from there too! xxx

4. Purplejay

Purplejay Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st0lb
    Current Weight:
    16st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Weightwatchers
    Hi and thanks for the welcome. You sound like you are really motivated and doing well, good luck to you too x

5. K Dee

K Dee Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st6lb
    Current Weight:
    13st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st6lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    All the best on your weight loss journey, it's doable........

6. IreneH

IreneH Gold Member

Diet:
    WW
    Hi and welcome. Good luck with SW

Irene xx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.