New to MM, New to SW, and need help!

StaceyL84

Hello lovely people!

As I said, I'm new to this forum (i've actually never used a forum Haha) but I'm in my 4th week of Slimming World (It'll be my 4th WI on Thursday).....and im struggling with losing the weight.
I've only lost 4 and 1/2lb. I follow everything as I'm supposed too.

Any tips or hints to help push that 3lb this week? Xx

Hi Stacey, welcome!

I'm also doing SW, really liking it so far.

Well done on your loss so far, don't be too concerned about you thinking it's slow - it'll stay off better the slower you lose it (so I've heard).

And remember if you only lost a pound a week for a year you would lose near enough 4 stone!

Join in with us on here and you'll get lots of help, advice, and tips - everyone is very friendly :)

Aww thank you. I felt a little disheartened as my friend who I joined with has lost 9lb in 3 weeks. We follow everything the same.

I'm looking forward to sharing tips, advice and recipes x

Hi there

I am also new to this, and to forums and to SW. Like you I have been doing SW for about four weeks now - 4th weight in on Wednesday. Have lost 1.5 lbs, then 2.5 lbs, then put on .5 lbs. just wondering what will happen this week. My problem is eating too much chocolate....and any thing sweet!

Am looking forward to all advice, and hopefully success!

I do wonder if no syns at all would be better for me as once I start I can't stop! No will power me thinks

Make sure you have your syns or it could restrict your weight loss. Also make sure you are eating enough (as silly as that sounds). If you have trouble with your syns maybe use them for things like dried fruit?

Welcome, I've been told that changing up your hex's helps, and you shouldn't go under 5 Syns. Good luck.
Jean

Hi Ladies

Thank you for the advice. I hadn't thought about using syns for dried fruit, I love dried fruit and find I am missing it. I'll go and look at the values.

J

Hi Stacey I joined sw with my hubby, step mum and my dad and so far all have done great except me! my hubby has lost over two stone and I haven't even got to one yet!! I am following the plan better than he is as he is quite fussy with food and I am doing all the cooking too. I was getting quite upset about it until I realised that I was losing slowly but surely and at least I was losing a pound a week and not gaining it! X

Well when I went to group last week (my WI is Thursday) my consultant said the same, its coming off slowly but surely. I'm also following the plan EE and sticking to it, I've found this week I've not been overly stressing about it.
Although saying that, I'm 1 and 1/2 pound off my half stone and I'm hoping to achieve that this week. So fingers and everything else crossed Haha.

Good luck x

Hi stacey,good luck,and just to let you know I had the same problem with sw..i lost weight with it ..eventualy,after several weeks,i lost about 101b....i tried it again last week for a week ,and nothing!lol
I just personaly know that sw just isnt for me..and I need to find a different way...one diet isnt always going to fit all ,since we are all different ..good luck x

Back