NEW TO RC

DEMILOU

Hi all,

thinking of starting monday i just want some advice on what u guys eat for breakfast dinner etc used to doing sw so calorie counting all new to me and i want to do it right and get my weight of for my hoilday the end of this year. also do you guys get good weight loss

thanks for getting back to me, so do you find you go hungry at all? do you attend the classes - there are no classes near me so having to do it alone :-( hahaha

any tips or advice would be great!!

x

thanks for getting back to me, so do you find you go hungry at all? do you attend the classes - there are no classes near me so having to do it alone :-( hahaha

any tips or advice would be great!!

x

I dont find I get hungry but I pick when sitting in the evening thats my downfall,so Iam trying to drink loads in the evening to break this habit.

just eat well and slow and have a drink with dinner and sip throughout.This helps me.

I have classes near but not been able to get to for a while so trying to do it at home now. :D

Thanks for that i find sipping water helps and snacking on veg helps to keep hunger at bay!! is there any books i can buy from anywhere to help me do you know... sorry to be a pain in the bum

Thanks for that i find sipping water helps and snacking on veg helps to keep hunger at bay!! is there any books i can buy from anywhere to help me do you know... sorry to be a pain in the bum

I am quite new to RC - losses are good - its nice and easy to follow - as with any diet that I have done I find you are more hungry then before but after a few days this sorts itself out... this is only in the initial couple of weeks tho as after then your calorie allowance goes up

I got the New Hip and Thigh Diet book which is great and also the A-Z of calories which is handy to have as it has the calorie value of most things - if you have a smart phone tho you can get an app that is a fab calorie counter and food log too.

I also buy the mags when they come out as they are good for inspiration and meal ideas.

HTHs

Hi Demilou,
Welcome to the lovely forum. i am sure you will find lots of tips and help from others. I have been on the plan 3 weeks but didn't lose the first two weeks, then lost 2 1/2 lb this week. Don't let that put you off! we all loose at different rates, the thing is at least your in the right frame of mind to make a change to your weight which is good.

I bought the Amazing inch Loss book, although I do attend classes. I cannot find the A-Z calorie guide in the shops. On line it is out of stock from RC at present.

I found writing everything down is helping and it allows you to see your weak times too lol.

Good luck and let us know how your getting on.

I have been doing Slimming World for just over two years then decided in May to try Rosemary Conley.
I love the plan & have had much better weight losses on the plan than what I was doing before.

I love the magazine too which you can buy from shops, they have a fab 7 day meal planner in there which I like to sometimes follow.

I also bought some of her recipe books off Ebay, the A-Z Calories book is great too.
And I also find Free Calorie Counter, Diet & Exercise Journal | MyFitnessPal.com a fantastic site which helps me log my meals/exercise daily xxx

You can also buy R.C. magazine via subscription which makes it quite a bit cheaper than the shop price. You also get a free gift when you sign up.
I have had a cookery book, DVD and R.C. goodies when I sign each year.
You also get the mag via post about a week earlier than it is in the shops. :)

i get the mags and go to class, also dont forget about the libary they have the rc books and some exercise dvds there if they dont have them they can order them for you .

Thanks for all your replies guys this is a big help. so its all going well i have a treat at the weekend as i guess most of us do so i dont feel like i am depriving myself of anything. i am not weighing myself at the moment i am just going by my clothes - i have lost weight as people are telling me and my clothes are getting looser!!! i go away boxing day to egypt so the week before i will be weighing myself - i know you guys will prob think im mad but it works better like that for me. thanks again for your replies x

I dont think its mad at all not to be weighed, I think sometimes we can be obsessed what the scales say, and if you are noticing it in your clothes then thats all the motivation you need to keep on going
well done to you

Yes, clothes getting looser is a real good sign! ;)

I've just jumped ship from SW onto RC this week and I'm finding the reduction in food really hard. There is so little of it compared to SW but I'm going to try and stick at it.... haha, I've only been doing it for 2 days and am already moaning.... Not a good sign! ;)

Good luck with weight losses this week you guys...

SGF

Back