New to red!

Little_Jade

Right need to shift more weight! changing frm EE to red and cutting down the carbs!!!!
Fingers crossed it works...here goes!

Hey here to follow I started off with a full week on EE and now I'm trying to do mostly red. I feel alot less bloated and carby on red! Good luck x

Never done red b4 so gona giv it a go! I was feeling really ill last week wiv bloating so this may help!
I also wana boost my losses to more than 1/2 a pound! :) Did u lose more on red?

Hey Jade, hope you enjoy red days (they are my fave) I have mainly stuck to between 4-5 red days and the other 2 EE or Green while follwing SW.
Carbs as much as I love them tend to make me feel sluggish if I eat them to often and I actually now feel a lot more satisfied on red days.

First days Diary... so far so gud! dnt feel the slighest bit bloated or hungry thnks for advice guys :)

B. Banana & grapes
water with PLJ
L. Bacon sandwich (HEB1)
HP Sauce (1 syn)
Bottle of water
T. Weight watchers soup (HEXB2)
Ryvita crackerbread (2 syns)
S. Ski yoghurt
laughing cow chs triangles (HEXA)

Exercise: 50 mins aqua aerobics clasd

Total syns : 3
HEXB: 2 HEXA:1

I'm thinking of doing this carbs seems to make me look pregnant :s not a good look lol keep the food diary going nice to get some ideas of what a red day looks like i only do ee so far

Day 2: Red
Working a late shift tonite till 11 so quick & easy food it is!

B. Ski yoghurt
water with PLJ
L. porridge with berries (hexb1)
with milk (hexa1)
Apple
S. Alpen light bar (3)
T. Light laughing cow triangles (hexa2) & rocket lettuce sandwiched between ryvita (hexb2)
Banana
Diet coke
S. pack of quavers (4.5)

Syns: 7.5
HEXA: 2 HEXB: 2

Thanks starkissed! the first couple of days are easy! I find it hard to keeping it going tho! Nearly gave into a bluberry muffin today....
Are u following red atm or r u doin ee? x

Little_Jade said:
Thanks starkissed! the first couple of days are easy! I find it hard to keeping it going tho! Nearly gave into a bluberry muffin today....
Are u following red atm or r u doin ee? x

Trying to do a full red week this week, although night have to do one EE as oh wants pasta ha! I lost 2.5lbs this week even with totom which is unheard of normally for me so red does something good for me :D well done for resisting muffin I resisted double choc cookies and icecream...bad oh temptating me ha x

Yea I no how you feel I tend to do EE mainly so me n the OH can have the same meals when were working same hours!
There terrible for tempting us with nice stuff tho! As if u resisted cookies n ice cream! I may hav had to had a small bit! My OH finished work at 12 last night n demolished a full pizza!
Kept offering me a slice but I resisted!

Day 3. Red

Got up at half 11 this morning so my breakfast was lunch really....

B/L. 2x Weetabix n berries (hexb1)
with milk (hexa)
water with PLJ
S. nectarine & ski yog
Alpen light (3)
T. 200g baxters soup (hexb2)
3x ryvitas (3)
Ski Yog
Diet coke
S. Pack of french fry crisps (4)

Total syns : 10

Definitely gona save sum syns for
for sum chocolate tomorrow

HEXA: 1 HEXB: 2

I switched from EE last year where I was lucky to lose 1lb a week to red and I lost 2-3lb a week consistently for three months and went from a size 14 to 10. I used to find that the protein on red days was much more filling than carbs such as pasta and potato.
Apparantly your body uses more calories to digest protein than it does carbs which is also good :-D

Wow 2-3lb a week is amazing! Well done!
Ah so thats how it works!!! Will have to start adding more protein foods throughout the day.
Iv lost over a stone on ee but now its stopped, so fingers crossed i lose on red!
I do love my carbs tho altho im gona try n swap sw chips for bns chips n mash for swede n carrot mash etc n just see how it goes!

Good luck, I am sure the weight will start falling off again :)

On red I used to still have things like cottage pie, but would top it with swede and carrot mash instead. Lasagne I made but used spinach instead of lasagne sheets. Sometimes I would use hex B if I really needed some potato for something or wanted a bit of pasta for spag bol.
I also used to have a wholemeal pittas from hex b toasted with some light spread to have with a curry. It tasted a bit like having chiapatti.

I am on ww now but only because of my job, I drive around all day and it is easier for me to pick up food on the run. I do prefer sw though and never felt hungry on it.

It does get tougher when you get down to your weight to keep losing, I am taller than you but I could only get down to 9 stone 11 on sw and then it became really tough but I also think I started to lose motivation because I had got to a size 10 and for some stupid reason thought I would stay that weight if I came off plan ;-) Here I am a year later and back to a size 14...

How are you getting on with Red days? I was doing EE and it went ok until I had a few weeks of STS with 4lb to go. Got a bit fed up with that and started calorie counting. It was totm last week and despite me doing lots more exercise I ended up putting on 2lb!! So very unhappy with myself atm.

I only have 6lb to lose so really want to get it cracked. I'm not sure on the rules for Red days though - could you give me any pointers? What am I allowed and not allowed? I understand the hex's are different depending on what day you do as well but because I started with the EE option as it was clearer to get started with, now I cant get my head around green and red :( It would be simpler if I went to group or joined online but I haven't really got the money for it at the moment.

Day 4. Only EE day this week!

Having an EE day as my OH's mum made us a curry... had to b polite

B. 1x weetabix with berries n chopped bananas (1/2 hexb)
with milk (hexa)
water with PLJ
L. Boiled rice
Curry (jar frm aldi) added with chicken celery sweecorn peas an
carrot (unknown syn value)
T. salmon with cracked pepper
3x ryvita (1/2 hexb)
cottage chs
lambs lettuce
diet coke
S.frozen summer berries & naturl yoghurt

No syns due to unknown syn value of curry :(

HEXA1 HEXB1

Day 5. Red day

B. Banana & nectarine and yoghurt
L. 4x oaty pancake muffins with berries (heaxb1)
1x go ahead thin (3) !!!!!
Tea with milk (hexa1)
S. 2 x oaty muffin & yoghurt
Green tea
T. 6x ryvita (hexb2)
laughing cow chs (hexa2)
Rocket lettuce
pack of go ahead thins (9) shocked!!!!!

Total: 12 syns

HEXA:2 HEXB:2

Day 7. Red day

B. Banana (on the go)
L. Apple, banana
Quavers (4)
Yoghurt
Green tea
T. 3x ryvita (heb1)
with ham, cottage chs & rocket lettuce
Diet coke
P. 2x alpen light (heb2)
banana
Weight watchers custard (4.5)
Green tea

Syns: 8.5

HEXA:1 HEXB: 2

Day 7. Red

B. 2 x oaty muffins (hexb1) with berries (1)
Banana
Green tea
S. 2 oaty muffins
L. Tomatoe soup (5)
Ryvita x 2 (1/2 hexb2)
Apple
S. straw yoghurt
T. Tuna mayo (1)
Cottage chs
Rocket lettuce
Ryvita x3 (1/2 hexb2)
S. Hot choc (1.5)