New to simply filling- any help appreciated

Purpled said:
My friend at work gave up meat for charity, her and her husband couldn't afford to donate money to their sons charity. So they gave up meat for 2 weeks and gave the son the money they saved! Then never ate it again! 30 years later they still don't eat it!

I could give up meat. But not fish. I LOVE fish!

Do you eat fish Laura? Never noticed it!

Wow that's impressive!

icklerockchick said:
Yeh it can be a pain being the only veggie, I changed quite a few months before my OH did but since we were mostly eating veggie meals together he ended up giving up meat too as he realised he didn't really need it!

Since I hardly ate meat anyway it wasn't really a massive life change. X

Nice your OH is veggie as well.A lot of men are still pretty much cave men when it comes to meat ;0)

Better end up with thighs of steel as they are achey today :p tried jillian michaels no more trouble zones yesterday for the first time and was so sweaty lol!!

Going to do a bit less over next few days so I'm not achey for my first day back at work I reckon. Maybe just some tabata today or Zumba?

I was so hungry last night like I had my veg pitta for dinner, then leftover beany rice then bowl of porridge. And yoghurt. And jelly! Then new girl was back on tv and that distracted me from eating for an hour thankfully :p x

Thighs of steel for sure!! That makes sense about making sure you are not too achy for when you go back to work.Thats good that the tele distracted you from eating,most folk would eat because of watching tv lol

Love New Girl!! It's good to be achey...yay to muscles :) You're probably right though to take it easy before going back to work, it would just make it do much harder if you were achey then. I used to do that kind of work, it can be do tough to stand for long shifts, I used to be physically exhausted!

Yeh trying not to do too much as although starting out with 5 hour shifts instead of 11 hours it will still be hard going after so long off work.

Yay I love new girl so happy it's back on tv it vanished for ages mid season :-/

Watching secret eaters on 4od just now interesting stuff people not knowing why they put on weight while snacking or eating out. I guess we are all used to tracking everything we eat but I know a lot of people at work eat like crazy and don't understand why they put on weight eating a bunch of junk :-/ rolls with sausage and bacon every morning isn't helping lol!!

Last 2 days off so trying to get lots of chilling and some tidying done ;-)

Oh and bit sad my pretty dress from eBay came and it's already too big so looks like I will need to sell it on :-(

image-1390345383.jpg

Oh that dress is gorgeous, such a shame it doesn't fit :( ....think you need to get shopping again :)

Ella Belle said:
Love New Girl!! It's good to be achey...yay to muscles :) You're probably right though to take it easy before going back to work, it would just make it do much harder if you were achey then. I used to do that kind of work, it can be do tough to stand for long shifts, I used to be physically exhausted!

I too love new girl! It recorded ready to watch later if I get a chance!

That's a beautiful dress, what size?

I am a 10/12 at the moment and it's a 12. It's a little big all over but the main problem is I'm lacking in the boob department and it's really big there and strapless.

Shouldn't get sucked into eBay bargains that might be too big lol :p it was only £18 something. It's by forever unique and their dresses are generally around £100 to £300+ to buy new and it was only worn once and been dry cleaned. So I should be able to get my money back on it selling it on, don't have an occassion to wear it just thought it was pretty and had money in my PayPal account! X

icklerockchick said:
I am a 10/12 at the moment and it's a 12. It's a little big all over but the main problem is I'm lacking in the boob department and it's really big there and strapless.

Shouldn't get sucked into eBay bargains that might be too big lol :p it was only £18 something. It's by forever unique and their dresses are generally around £100 to £300+ to buy new and it was only worn once and been dry cleaned. So I should be able to get my money back on it selling it on, don't have an occassion to wear it just thought it was pretty and had money in my PayPal account! X

Can u not return it, for a refund?

My prob is my boobs r too big for strapless! That annoys me cause u can find some really nice strapless dresses! Wouldb nice for a wedding!

sarah88 said:
Can u not return it, for a refund?

My prob is my boobs r too big for strapless! That annoys me cause u can find some really nice strapless dresses! Wouldb nice for a wedding!

It's just from an individual seller on eBay not a shop or anything. You can get a refund sometimes but have to pay for recorded return postage so just as well selling it on. It's a stunning fabric with lovely details my phone camera is pants lol!! X

I think strapless is hard! You need to be not big boobs and not totally flat, or doesn't look right!

Maybe sell it on if it's a nice dress! If you paid £18 then I'm sure someone else will! Then you don't lose postage money!

I love New Girl too but am frustrated now because I've watched the whole first season online and now can't wait for the second!

I hate it when lovely things get too big. I just had to sell my favourite dress because it was too big :( made me sad x

Mmmmmmm I may buy it from you, I love it..im not quite a 12 yet but im bigger in the boobs too :)

Just seen the photo!! Not sure how I missed it before?
It's lovely! Very nice! Not for me as I hate my arms!

But you look fantastic in it! You look great! :) maybe take it in, if you know anyone who's handy with a sewing machine. Mums are usually good for this!

Sadly my mum is even less domesticated than I am lol!

Tried it on with mega padded bra and it was still a bit big which a shame as I love it. If only it had straps I could get away with it but they make dresses that they wear on that TOWIE programme so think they are made for people with huge boobs!! They make some lovely dresses but also some horrendous bedazzled gypsy wedding type affairs lol! Shall update my food so far today then catch up with diaries later on :) x

Wednesday

B- tea with skim milk

L- 2 cheese Toasties 3pp for cheese
Onion soup

D- brown rice
Sweetcorn
Quorn chicken
Nandos garlic sauce

Snacks- walkers baked stars 2pp (they are technically 3pp for the whole bag yet one gram less which is less than one crisp is 2pp haha!!)
Biscuit 2pp

Drinks- water
Tea

Exercise- tabata squats

Weeklies used- 7pp

Used myfitnesspal for the first time in ages and although I've used a few weeklies today that I didn't really intend to use I still have loads of calories left to eat today. I did have my best losses when I was making big batches of soup and having that with a toasty for lunch so maybe I should get back into doing that? At the moment just eating whatever is in the cupboards/freezer as trying to not buy any food that's not necessary until I get my first wage again. On a normal day I eat far more carbs which soon uses up the calories.

Not sure if I should try calorie tracking alongside sf, anyone else do this? It's just that not measuring is what I love about the plan but if I have a really good few weeks I could possibly get to target? X

Last edited:
How many calories does myfitnesspal tell you to eat? I said lose 1lb a week and it's said 1400!

I measured for this week only and I am between 1100 and 1600! I think I just myself enough not to count calories! I was just curious how many I ate.

Also you can't have much left to lose now??? So when you get close to target if you start to struggle you could use it as an extra tool!

Back