new to site/xenical

jules308

hi all, i have rejoined the site which i think is great :D i have been prescribed xenical by my gp i weigh 17 stones so i need to lose 7 stones to get to my ideal weight for my height 5ft 3 ins.i have lost 7 stones in the past with weight watchers which i did in 13 months (11 years ago) but i have put it all back on, i am fed up being fat :cry: ,out of breath,looking horrible, no nice clothes to wear/fit me despite having a wardrobe full :banghead: i have problems with the joints in my knees which give me a lot of pain,so i know that 2011 is the time i need to lose all this ugly fat :eek:.i dont know much about xenical only what i have read with leaflet that came with tablets g.p said just take with low fat diet :argh: so am hoping can get support from the site and start on my weight loss journey, sorry for the long ramble :new_year:

Last edited:
Hi Jules308 i am also new to this site and i am going to start taking zenical tomorrow i am 17 stone 5 and my goal is 13 stone probably more lol

xenical

hi carly i think the site is very good so we should get lots of help and advice from other members some of the stories are amazing :wow:. lots of inspiration on here :D

Welcome to both of you. Hope you have much success with the blueys. Get into the habit ofn reading food labels for the fat content of stuff. Some of it is quite surprising eg 5 grams of fat in an egg yolk. Good luck.

Petal 1951 that is really suprising.i will make sure to read all food labels. What sort of things do you eat for your evening meals?

Hi I'm new too, took my first tablet with my evening meal.
Skinless chicken in a homemade Chinese sauce-no fat
Wholemeal rice
20kcal ice lolly

No side effects so far.

Does any one no if there is a way of finding out how many posts you have written?
Hi Ellie sounds like a nice evening meal will put that down on my menu

Hi and welcome to both of you!

Wow - I didn't know that about egg yolks!!

Carly, you can see from the side panel how posts you have written.

My mainstay foods at the moment are cottage cheese and chicken pittas. I tend to marinade my chicken have it in toasted pittas and salad, oh and lots of homemade soup too!

Hi Jules and Carly, welcome to the forum! I'm also 17 and a half stone, and I'd like to get down to around 11st, as I'm quite tall and I don't want to be stick thin. The forum here is excellent for tips and advice, so make sure you use it to your advantage! Keep us updated on how you're doing, good luck! :)

I am also new to this, so any help or ideas will be greatly appreciated. I started on monday with the tablets and all seems to be going well so far.

Passiflora those chicken pittas sound yummy, may give them a try sometime, although i am trying to stay away from bread!!

Hi Rach, I love my bread too!! Give me a tiger tails loaf any day of the week! I find that with Pitta bread, I'm getting the bread that I crave, but without so much of the guilt. Our toaster at work keeps giving up with the amount of pittas going in it from everyone!!

Glad everything seems to be going well for you so far. This site is brilliant for help and advice, don't hesitate to ask anything, I've gotten so much info from this site in a such a little time, it really does keep me on the straight and narrow! (unlike my hips!!;))

Girls!! you know there is only 1.9g of fat in 100g og tiger bread dont you.!! i do love tiger breada nd some times have a small sample.lol for a change

Oh tiger bread with anchor butter now your making me hungry:eek:

I was thinking of doing diary as i'm really not sure i what i am eating is right or too much... then i could get peoples opinions even if i only did it for a short while till i knew i was doing ok!! How long has it taken you to lose weight? and what the situation with dress sizes?

Keep it up everyone, and with each others support we will get there!!!:D

i cant even think of eating tiger bread - might not want to stop :eek: so best avoid it all together . i have cut out cakes/chocolate and all the yummy things that got me this big in the first place, just annoys me when hubby sits in front of me with packet of jaffa cakes and scoffs the lot :d'oh:

Back