New to slim and save

barmcake

Hi there

Just ordered my variety pack :) does anyone have any hints and does it come with an instruction booklet ?

Thanks

It comes with a leaflet telling you how to make up the packs. Have a look at the sticky thread about what do the meals look like and what to do with them to get some ideas of how to make it work for you.

Hi there

Just ordered my variety pack :) does anyone have any hints and does it come with an instruction booklet ?

Thanks

Hi hun, welcome to sns :) theres a great sticky on the forum showing pics of the diff meals and dif ways to eat them. As bordersgirl said you will get a leaflet that explains everything.

Good luck for your start :party0011:

Catdog xx

My tip is not to make the tomato soup first...
This was my lol moment... I got a pink mouse type creation that tasted odd... Yes I did eat it... but srsly, lol.
I'd not have been impressed if it was the first one I tried :D

My tip is not to make the tomato soup first...
This was my lol moment... I got a pink mouse type creation that tasted odd... Yes I did eat it... but srsly, lol.
I'd not have been impressed if it was the first one I tried :D

Ive not ordered this one, i was advised it was the work of the devil LOL

Catdog xx

I have had a pack of the tomato soup since August last year and still haven't plucked up the courage to try it :).

I am really looking forward to starting. I have decided to wait till my semester at Uni finishes at the end of April as I have so much work to do and I think its just too much pressure (and feeling dodgy at first) and 4 assignments to hand in before month end, plus two children and a husband to look after. I am very excited and I feel like finally I have found something that is straight forward and requires no faffing about. I have had a look on the S & S site and it doesnt give the exact foods you can have (protein) or veg. Do most people have the 4 packs or 3 packs plus the food ? Whats best ? I have previously done CD and lived on shakes so this real food looks like luxury !

I dont return to Uni till September and I cant wait to go back a very different person. I have just over 12 weeks till my children finish school for the summer and I am looking forward to having more time to do things for myself, such as this. Hopefully in 12 weeks I will have a substantial amount off and feel well motivated. I cant wait. I wish I could start sooner but I dont want to start and then blip because I cant focus on this and then get downhearted and give up, I'd rather wait till I have some free time and no pressure on me. Does that make sense ? I have some Tesco meal replacement drinks so I am going to try some of those and have a regular meal and also try out the taster pack when it comes so I know which ones I like.

The leaflet you get tells you about the protein and veg but for a preview it's here:

VLCD Nutritional Information

There is also a sticky about protein options.

Personally I'd start on the 4 packs and get used to the plan before adding anything. I did packs only to start with, added in some veg every so often when I fancied it, then I swapped to the protein instead of the 4th pack as I hit 4 stone lost so that I could get used to learning to eat again and about portion control. Or you could stay on 4 packs all the way through and have the odd protein meal at weekends or for nights out. It really is a case of learning what works for you.

After 4 weeks of LT I decided to do 3 packets + veg and protein (I've not bothered having the milk)... It's so wonderful eating a portion of veg and having an egg or something... I'm sure I've got fatter though haha... I'm going to get weighed tomorrow so will let you know :)

Back