Extra Easy New to Slimming World and loving it

trf1960

Hi everyone,

I joined SW online at the beginning of January 2016 for three months thinking have I wasted my money and should I have rejoined Weight Watchers (which I did a few years ago). I was initially sceptical about how I could lose weight eating all this food but it works !! and its amazing. I have lost 7lbs and still cannot understand how I can eat what I do and lose weight. Even my husband keeps asking "are you sure you can eat ALL this" !!! :) Mind you, he is loving the fact that I am cooking so many delicious meals especially after discovering this fabulous website and the recipes within. I am well and truly hooked now and have even signed up for another three months just to get the free recipe book.

And to think, this all came about because one Saturday I decided to visit Iceland (the shop!) for some of their garlic bread and noticed the Slimming World freezer section. Whilst checking out the meals, I noticed a man and woman picking up some of the meals and the man said to me "can you believe this stuff, she eats more than me and yet is losing so much weight". I just smiled back and the woman looked at me (probably thinking I was on the diet as well) saying "its incredible isn't it, I love it..."

Tx

Hi, good luck on your journey. I started Slimming World last week and have been enjoying it so far. I also can't believe some of the things you can eat and still lose weight. I love that you don't have to weigh all that you eat!

Hi, I re-joined 2 wks ago too and still trying to figure what to eat :) my 1st weigh-in last wk I only lost 1lb, compared to the bigger first week loses, I was a bit deflated but off than on right? I am looking for support, tips, motivation and meeting new friends online to help on my journey, my son gets married in May so I am desperately trying to get some weight off before then but I guess it's going to be a long hard slog! Good luck on your journey.

Susan

Hi, I re-joined 2 wks ago too and still trying to figure what to eat :) my 1st weigh-in last wk I only lost 1lb, compared to the bigger first week loses, I was a bit deflated but off than on right? I am looking for support, tips, motivation and meeting new friends online to help on my journey, my son gets married in May so I am desperately trying to get some weight off before then but I guess it's going to be a long hard slog! Good luck on your journey.

Susan
Hi Redbeauty, I know what you mean. It took me all of December to figure out how the food optimizing worked and especially the syns ! There are a couple of girls at work that have been doing SW on and off for years and they helped me somewhat but other than that, I took advice from the online site and their example menus as well as using this site and in particular the "food diaries" section to see what others were eating. I have cooked some amazing meals from both the SW recipes and those listed in this website and am so far really enjoying it. The one thing I was told was never to get hung up and compare yourself with others. We all lose weight differently and as much as I lost 3.5 lbs the first week, didn't lose at all the next which put me on a bit of a downer but then I lost 2lb the week after that and have lost 1 or 1.5 lbs each week thereafter. Slow and steady is how I like it.

You have a great goal to motivate you with your son's wedding in May so good luck and enjoy.

Susan
If you have time start a food diary on here and people can help you if your stuck for how many syns are in stuff or is you do daft things like I did using philli garlic and herb cheese as a a choice when it isn't whoops!! And I have been doing this for a while now but someone noticed and told me so I wouldn't make that mistake again lol. Look and post food pics forum it gives you great ideas what to have to eat stops you being bored eating the same things. Good luck xxx

Back