New to slimming world.. Is it gonna work??

lemonade

Hi, i hope someone reads this and helps, started sw on monday, after gaining 8lb due to 7 weeks off work after surgury, my weight has crept up to 13st 3/4 from about 12 st over a year and now iv gained 8lb to make me 13st 12!!! Arrg for the past year iv used slimming tabs and on a good week could lose 7lb in a week and ferl instantly better only to gain it again and more... Hence the gradual weight gain :cry:
Decided to start slimming world and have really stuck to it only havin about 5 sins a day but i just feel as big, i no its early days but im scared ill put on at weigh in!
I think it could be because my diet has changed so much that i feel like i have to eat loads (free foods) to get amy satisfaction and so im not gonna lose anythin.
I used to eat in a day toast with butter then maybe crisp and for lunch a sandwich, then id have chicken for tea with maybe biscuits after... If i was dieting id prob only have toast, crisp and noodles all day...oh and loads of tea and coffee with semi skimmed milk and sugar
This week iv had, eggs fir breakfast, savory rice or pasta n sauce for lunch, and chicken with pasta or rice or noodles for tea, snacking on fruit, and changed to sweetners and skimmed milk in my tea, using my healthy extra for my milk..
I just feel HUGE please someone tell me they felt the same and the weight came off!
Also does anyone know if the chinese noodles from home and bargin are free?
Thanks soooo much
Xxxx
God that was a big moan ha
Xxxxx
This week

What plan are you following hun? red, green or ee?

Hi there I put ten stone on after an accident and have now lost 3.5stone doing sw,best advice to get is stick to ur books like glue for 1st view weeks til you get used to it and another is try to mix ur foods or you'll get bored keep up the good work and it will fall off you

Craig xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

blazingbinns said:
Hi there I put ten stone on after an accident and have now lost 3.5stone doing sw,best advice to get is stick to ur books like glue for 1st view weeks til you get used to it and another is try to mix ur foods or you'll get bored keep up the good work and it will fall off you

Craig xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Wow thats great! Thanks xxx

With ee you need to have a 1/3rd of your plate full of superfree food hun. You havnt listed any veg with your meals? You need to either pack the dish out with veg or have it on the side...or even a side salad for the plan to work :)

Dont be scared to eat your syns either, a lot of people fins they lose better when they have the full amount of syns, between 10 and 15 a day

Have a look through some of the food diarys on here, there are some real great menu ideas

oh and dont worry the weight will come off if you follow the plan chick, it does work.....good luck

Thanks sooo much, i knew i must of been doin something wrong, just ran down to eat a beetroot haa! Thanks again x

Give us a chance, you only gave us 10 minutes! :eek:

If you are sticking to the plan you WILL lose weight, although I would say 5 syns a day is not enough. Free foods and superfree foods have a miniscule amount of calories compared to thinks like crisps, bicuits, toast with butter etc etc etc so you can eat oceans of them without even approaching the calories you used to eat. Thats why theres no need to bother with all the calorie counting on SW because you are eating healthily and properly anyway **IF* you stick to the plan. And that includes eating your HEXes and enougn syns. Eating too few syns will put your body into starvation mode and youll lose less or even gain, so try to eat enough.

Are you doing EE? You only gave a brief idea of your diary but you need to make sure you are getting LOTS of superfree stuff. If youre doing EE you must have at least 1/3 of your plate superfree (fruit & veg) Eggs, rice, pasta, noodles etc on their own are still fairly high in calories if you don't pad them out with veggies etc to reduce the amount of them you eat to start with.

There's a diary section if you want to post your food in there and get a few suggestions.

Good luck, and DON'T PANIC!!! You WILL lose weight if you stick to the plan, it does work! x :)

Thanks i didnt realize about the 1/3 superfree thing, bit gutted now, hope it hasnt hurt my plan too much, i have been adding broccoli and cauliflower to the pasta n sauce tho... ?
Soo does anyone know if the chinese noodles are free? Xx

Slimming world definately worked for me and I, like you felt I was eating too much when I started over 3 years ago. However it encourages you to cook from scratch healthy meals and teaches you how to eat healthy so when you reach your target weight you can maintain your weight. I was nearly 13 stone when I started and I'm now 9st 13lbs. As I'm only short I would like to lose another stone but I feel so much better about myself now and finally back in pre pregnancy size clothing that I'm not too bothered :) All I can say is stick to it and you will see results. If you do have naughty moment just start again the next day and don't worry too much as we all have moments when a bar of chocolate or a pint is just what we fancy :)

Thanks i didnt realize about the 1/3 superfree thing, bit gutted now, hope it hasnt hurt my plan too much, i have been adding broccoli and cauliflower to the pasta n sauce tho... ?
Soo does anyone know if the chinese noodles are free? Xx

We'd need the exact brand name and name of the product OR the nutritional info to work it out. Per 100g: calories, protein, carbohydrate and fat, plus portion size.

When you eat superfree you have to have it with the meal. Your broccoli & cauliflower in the pasta will be part of it yes, but it does need to be a third of your food and its no good adding eg beetroot to your meal afterwards as that defeats the point of controlling your portion size to start with.

Dont worry, you'll get the hang of it, good luck x :)

Im not sure about the noodles sorry....i know the batchelors supernoodles have syns tho....i used to think they were free!

No worrys there chinese branded so no nutitional value, ill take them to class on monday, was only joking about the beetroot btw although thort it was still good to snack on super free?
Confused but never mind, will fill up on superfree for my tea,
I feel crap now ?
Xx

it is good to snack on the sf chick, dont feel bad, its really confusing at first, but you will still see the differnece on the scales im sure of it :)

Just made lunch, cucumber and carrots with chilli dip made with qwark cheese and chillis, think its all free and it was luvly!
Thanks again for your help x

I have lost 3 stone using mostly green days as I like my carbs and 4 he's. I also use all my syns!!!
Eat and enjoy!!!
x

No worrys there chinese branded so no nutitional value, ill take them to class on monday, was only joking about the beetroot btw although thort it was still good to snack on super free?
Confused but never mind, will fill up on superfree for my tea,
I feel crap now ?
Xx

Aww no, sorry, hope I didnt come across as some old-bat-ogre :eek: Only trying to help, sorry it's hard in text-speak to not sound like The-Headmistress *stern face* :D

Always good to snack on superfree first! :) I only meant its not a solution to solving what youve already eaten ie an *"as-well-as"* - but you havent done that so thats cool! :)

All good advice from everyone here :)

The only flavoured noodles that are free are the Batchelors LOW FAT (not normal ones). They only come in three flavours as far as I know - chicken, sweet chilli and chilli chicken. They are on offer in ASDA at the moment for 40p per pack.

I just wanted to add that too many eggs can cause constipation in some people. That is definitely not going to help you on the scales ;) So try and restrict them.

To make EE a little less complicated when I first started, I used to use spoons to fill up my plate. I.e - At least one spoon of salad for every two spoons of chicken and potatoes.

Good luck with your WI and remember to let us know how you do!

Back