New to Slimming World.. need advice

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by Annabellacarribean, 17 September 2011 Social URL.

1. Annabellacarribean

Annabellacarribean whoisshe_AnnieMac

Start Weight:
    15st1.0lb
    Current Weight:
    15st1.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    :confused:

Hi Everyone , I've recently changed from WW to SW .. The change over is really difficult to get to grips with.

Am I doing this right...

Your only aloud one option from "a" choices and one from "b" choices a day

Then you have your free and superfree which you can have as much of as you like .

& Then your 15 syns....

Im just not too sure.

also I am in work today so I had to grap a ready meal to bring with me to work its a WW chicken and mushroom pasta meal.... Can I have this as a frr/superfree food and then Syn the dressin/sauce or would it be a totaly Free meal..

any tips & tricks / advice is much welcomed as I get to grips with the new way of life being slimming world :)

Thanks Everyone :D

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. lucyc35

lucyc35 Full Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    A lot of people in my Saturday morning group say going from ww to sw is difficult and the consultant said just try and forget everything u know about ww cos you'll get confused and it's completely different. If doing extra easy plan then u have 1 choice from a and b and all meals are made up of 2/3rds free and a 1/3 superfree with 5- 15 syns a day Think the meal u have might be synned bur u can check on the sw website to see if it is or not. It took me a while to get into it and my tips are to keep reading the books till ur 100% sure and plan ur meals in advance. Good luck.

4. Annabellacarribean

Annabellacarribean whoisshe_AnnieMac

Start Weight:
    15st1.0lb
    Current Weight:
    15st1.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Thanks so Much Lucy..

I was a bit worried. Your right WW has to be forgotten. Thank you again :)

5. metrognome

metrognome is getting better at it

Start Weight:
    17st10lb
    Current Weight:
    15st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st7lb(14.11%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    hi
    if you look in the sub sections above there is a thread on the plans and also one for the syn values on stuff and i think it has a thread on ww foods, they will explain it to you so much better than i can

6. Muffindoll

Muffindoll Full Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hello and welcome, just had a look on SW website, is this what you had?

Creamy Chicken & Mushroom with Penne Pasta, frozen, 330g pack, its 7 syns on the Extra Easy plan.
    Most ready meals have syns in. I think there is a thread in one of the subforums with lots of syn values for ready meals.
    I don't tend to have many ready meals doing SW as I like to save syns for a few treats or things to make my meals tastier like gravy, mayo etc.

Good luck with SW!

7. Funky_Munky

Funky_Munky Put the kettle on

Start Weight:
    10st12lb
    Current Weight:
    10st12lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    If you struggle with weekend work etc, try making meals from scratch in bulk and freeze them. Ive found this really helpful as I work shifts and often want a hot meal i can sort out quickly at work.

8. Muffindoll

Muffindoll Full Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    I agree, I think this is a really good idea if you have times where you just have to grab something quick, just like grabbing a ready meal from the freezer but you are more in control of the syns and lots of the time it can be syn free!

9. Clareel

Clareel Gold Member

Start Weight:
    16st7.5lb
    Current Weight:
    14st11.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st10lb(10.37%)
    Diet:
    Healthy Eating/ ADF
    Hi there, great advice from everyone else here but I just wanted to saw that you will get to grips with it! I did WW before SW and was quite confused at first but now I love the plan (and being 5 stone lighter lol). This forum is a great source of support and people be usually happy to help so if you have any questions just ask x

10. Rattybabe

Rattybabe Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st8lb
    Current Weight:
    12st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I'm also a WW convert - going to my first Slimming World meeting this week. I know there's bits of Slimming World I will struggle with, but the new WW Pro-points just doesn't suit me.

11. MrsK81

MrsK81 Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st13.0lb
    Current Weight:
    13st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7.0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st7lb(10.05%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    I joined SW yesterday evening and enjoying it so far! I have lost 2.5 stone on WW but have recently hit a wall and become fed up with having to count the points of everything that I eat. A couple of the girls at work swear by SW and have inspired me to make the change the join! Have been lurking on this site for a few weeks now and love the support and help that you all give each other! I'm following the Green plan - I'm a very fussy eater, eating minimal veg and hating all fruit and salad but I love pasta, potato, lentils etc! The consultant is so lovely and didn't make me feel stupid about hating salad etc as I have been made to feel in the past by WW groups. I came away feeling very uplifted :) Look forward to sharing the next part of my weight lost journey with you all x

12. tallsarah

tallsarah Silver Member

Start Weight:
    14st13lb
    Current Weight:
    12st7.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st9.0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st6lb(16.27%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    try and remember the 1/3 superfree recommendation if you are doing EE, a third of your plate should have superfree, every meal

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.