New to slimming world

KylaM88

Well first week I lost 3lb but after old habits and a weekend away managed to put it back on. Trying hard this week but any tips welcomed x

Hi, I'm new to this too. I have my first weigh in on Monday evening.
From the advice I've been reading on this forum the last thing you should do is beat yourself up about it.
Just get back to what you did on the first week. You lost on that week so you can do it again....you know you can. Everyone has 'blips' from time to time. You just had one right at the start. It's no biggie, just put it in the past and carry on the way you intended when you first started.
Sending lots of positive vibes your way x

Thank you. You was right the week after I lost 3lb so I am pleased.

Learning about low syn treats - frozen muller yoghurts, bananas in toffee yoghurt , low fat cheese triangles and pasta , mini milk ice Lollys etc.

Mostly having pasta or rice for lunch and chicken and veg for dinner. Breakfasts mostly porridge and at weekend eggs and healthy fry ups.

How did your first week go? X

I have been doing it a year and an a yoyo loser but it soon adds up...dont stress, draw a line under it and carry on. Sometimes it catches up with you so just stay focused.

Thanks I started my weight at 11 stone 12.6 lbs and have so far lost 3lb so it's the start of what I hope can be a positive change. I'm 5ft 7/8 so ideally id like to reach a goal of 10stone 4 . I know this will take time I just hope I can encourage myself as I have been yoyo dieting for about 4-5 Years. X

I have this every week!

Pete’s Yuk Sung

Serves 2

Ingredients

120g Brown Rice (ff)
1 vegetable stock pot
250g Tesco Healthy Living Pork Mince Free on Ee (ff)
100g Mushrooms, finely chopped (s) (sff)
1 red pepper, finely chopped (s) (sff)
1 tbsp ginger
1 tbsp. garlic (sff)
2 spring onions, finely chopped (s) (sff)
3 tbsp. dark soy sauce
2 tbsp. oyster sauce (2 syn /2= 1syn)
1 tbsp cider vinegar
Dash of sesame oil (1 syn /2=0.5 syn)
Salt & pepper
1 Washed & chilled Iceberg Lettuce (s) (sff)

Method

Weigh out 120g brown rice, wash in a sieve until the water runs clear then fill a saucepan with 400ml of cold water and add rice, bring to the boil then turn heat down and simmer for 40 mins.

Tip rice into a sieve and return to the saucepan, leave on the ring for a few minutes with a lid on to allow it to steam. Then put to one side.

Use a heavy bottomed frying pan, cook the mince until it is browned and all liquid has evaporated.

Add 1 Tbsp. of the soy sauce, and then add the veg stock pot, mix well, add cider vinegar, chopped mushrooms, peppers, ginger, garlic , spring onions & cook for 5 mins then add the rice and mix thoroughly with the remaining soy sauce & sesame oil. Finally add oyster sauce.

Cook until the rice is hot, place mixture into freshly washed and chilled Iceberg Lettuce and enjoy!

YukSung-7Small.jpg

Well first week I lost 3lb but after old habits and a weekend away managed to put it back on. Trying hard this week but any tips welcomed x

Welcome Kyla. Try not to beat yourself up over your second week. Blips will happen. The important thing is not to let a bad day turn into a bad week. One day a time - that's how I have to do it.

Hi, I'm new to this too. I have my first weigh in on Monday evening.
From the advice I've been reading on this forum the last thing you should do is beat yourself up about it.
Just get back to what you did on the first week. You lost on that week so you can do it again....you know you can. Everyone has 'blips' from time to time. You just had one right at the start. It's no biggie, just put it in the past and carry on the way you intended when you first started.
Sending lots of positive vibes your way x

Welcome to you too, Gilly! Looking forward to seeing your progress x

Billsat that recipe looks lovely I'll have to try it

Tonight is pork steaks (fat trimmed)
Steamed veg in apple sauce and sweet potato mash with a dash of lemon juice x !!

Back