NEW TO SLIMMING WORLD

Tja72

Hi everyone,

I started SW on Tuesday and have found it very hard to get my head around - having done almost every other diet going, Weight Watchers, Cambridge, Herbalife, etc etc- SW is totally different and I can't believe i'm going to lose weight. However I have an open mind and am giving it my best shot.

After joing Tuesday evening I was unable to read the books, so Wednesday I didn't really follow the diest although I was pretty good and didn't over eat but since then I have been top of the class..........I just hope this works!

In the book it states that family and friends will say you will not lose weight eat that and I have already had the comment, after sitting down to 2 x Eggs (used Fry Lite) Beans and potato chunks for breakfast!

I have high hopes for this diet I just hope I succeed!

Welcome to SW where you CAN eat like a king, never been hungry and still lose weight :)

Which plan are you following? If you're doing extra easy then your breakfast should really include one third superfree, that is most fruit and veg. There are lists in your book :)

I was sceptical at first too, then I stepped on the scales at weigh in last week and seen I was down 5 1/2 pounds...almost pee'd myself with excitement! SW really does work! I do mostly green days but I try to eat 1/3 superfree as much as I can which really does help. Eg. when I made toast and beans for breakfast a few days ago, I had an apple first. I only managed the toast and one or two spoonfuls of beans - had I not ate that apple I probably would of had all the beans! I think thats why 1/3 superfree is important. Its good for you too :)

d14 said:
I was sceptical at first too, then I stepped on the scales at weigh in last week and seen I was down 5 1/2 pounds...almost pee'd myself with excitement! SW really does work! I do mostly green days but I try to eat 1/3 superfree as much as I can which really does help. Eg. when I made toast and beans for breakfast a few days ago, I had an apple first. I only managed the toast and one or two spoonfuls of beans - had I not ate that apple I probably would of had all the beans! I think thats why 1/3 superfree is important. Its good for you too :)

There's a lots of discussion about the third super free especially at breakfast. I like your idea of having it first. Also - I read this some where but it makes sense - if you have fruit after a meal it's sits on top of the digesting food and ferments. Yeuch.

Tja72 said:
Hi everyone,

I started SW on Tuesday and have found it very hard to get my head around - having done almost every other diet going, Weight Watchers, Cambridge, Herbalife, etc etc- SW is totally different and I can't believe i'm going to lose weight. However I have an open mind and am giving it my best shot.

After joing Tuesday evening I was unable to read the books, so Wednesday I didn't really follow the diest although I was pretty good and didn't over eat but since then I have been top of the class..........I just hope this works!

In the book it states that family and friends will say you will not lose weight eat that and I have already had the comment, after sitting down to 2 x Eggs (used Fry Lite) Beans and potato chunks for breakfast!

I have high hopes for this diet I just hope I succeed!

I joined SW online mid January and in my first flurry of posts I too kept asking everyone how I could possibly lose weight eating this amount of food. Our instinct tells us to cut back if we want to lose weight. I have lost 25lbs since then and it keeps dropping off steadily each week. Have faith! I too follow mainly green days as I don't feel full unless I can eat the carbs and I use the odd red day if I want to give my weight loss a boost. Good luck!

My OH still rolls his eyes when he sees me eating breakfast. Despite seeing that SW DOES work for me he still likes entrenched in his belief that starvation is the best diet.

My new fave breakfast by the way is some defrosted Asda basics fruit salad topped with vanilla (syn free) yogurt to start off with, followed by 2 boiled eggs with lean bacon-strip 'soldiers' (I like to save my A & B for later in the day, and am trying to avoid bread but missed having something to dip in my eggs). LOVE Slimming World!

Lucky7 said:
My OH still rolls his eyes when he sees me eating breakfast. Despite seeing that SW DOES work for me he still likes entrenched in his belief that starvation is the best diet.

My new fave breakfast by the way is some defrosted Asda basics fruit salad topped with vanilla (syn free) yogurt to start off with, followed by 2 boiled eggs with lean bacon-strip 'soldiers' (I like to save my A & B for later in the day, and am trying to avoid bread but missed having something to dip in my eggs). LOVE Slimming World!

Not quite the same but asparagus is gorgeous dipped in soft egg yolks. They should be in season soon.

Hi, I joined SW in November and still here those 'You can't eat and lose weight comments' 1st and 12lbs later and its going, not as fast as I'd like but I haven't stuck to the plan 100% every week!

Good luck with your journey

I think the key to slimming world is that you never have to feel hungry, which is where many people fail when they try to lose weight. Most of us have a love of food - hence why we need to lose weight in the first place. The idea that you can still eat plenty seems to be too good to be true but it really does work...hoping for my 2st sticker this week after 14 weeks!

Hi im new too! In my second week of the diet now...
I was a bit sceptical at first like many people are I think but I stuck to the diet my first week and lost 5.5lbs! So it really does work...at least for me!
Im weighing in on thursday and can't wait...
Let us know how you get on!

Hi I'm a newbie too was doing atkins before and lost 2 stone really quickly but couldn't shift the other stone n a half was scared that if I start eating carbs it would pile on me again so I thought I'd give slimming world ago lost 4lb and was really happy feel like there's a way forward for me now too hope you have great success on the diet

I'm still new to sw and still trying hard to get my head around things. I joined sw 5 week ago , in the first 3 week I lost 8 lb but bin away for 2 week so defiantly put on at least 4 - far to much drinking lol. I'm dreading weigh in on Thursday. Just need to get back on track x

Emb77 said:
I'm still new to sw and still trying hard to get my head around things. I joined sw 5 week ago , in the first 3 week I lost 8 lb but bin away for 2 week so defiantly put on at least 4 - far to much drinking lol. I'm dreading weigh in on Thursday. Just need to get back on track x

Aww you might surprise yourself and not have put on as much as you think good luck though x

Welcome to SW! The best group to join......
Remember the plan does work, it's your own determination to stick to it that pay's dividends at the end!
There is no excuse, as there are thousands of recipes out there to suit everybody and SW friendly recipes for most favourites.
If you stick to it, it will work, good luck.
Pete

You never know, weeks where I'm sure I've gained I've lost! If you do gain, draw a line under it, don't regret it and move forward. Good luck x

Hi Sorry to butt in but your breakfast (especially the bacon soldiers) sounds absolutely lovely

What a lovely idea, bacon soldiers! Fab! If I wasnt on a green day today I would fettling in the fridge for some bacon and eggs right now!Let OH roll his eyes, we know the secret of S W (but hush dont tell everyone) ha ha

When I joined 4 years ago, the Extra Easy wasnt a part of it so now i am getting my head around the changes to the plan.
It sounds good though and Im looking forward to seeing the results!

Most people do do ee and get fantastic results and you will too. I prefer red and green myself as I'm not very good with veg but love fruit. You must let us know how you go on. You will do brill if you follow plan to the letter.:)

Back