New to Slimming World

busterfell

Hi my name is Steve
I am new to Slimming World and only started on my weight loss journey, this time, 12 days ago.I was 23st 3.5 lb at my first night weigh in. I started the food optimising and ate quite well in the first week.Although I didn't eat my usual bread and butter ,which was my downfall. I have not touched a slice of bread or any butter or margerine in 12 days.Neither have I drank any alcohol. I have just stuck to my syn limit, drank plenty of water, ate loads of free foods.That much food that I thought I may have gained weight not lost it. But to my surprise,on my 2nd weekly weigh in I had lost 8lb and gained my half stone star award.I have my 3rd weekly weigh in in 3 days time, I am hoping I have lost some more by then. I do at least an hour of exercise every day, it could be in my garden cutting lawns or the hedge, or walking my dog every day.I am trying to get my weight to a healthy level as I suffer from a heart condition and other related illnesses.I am 52 years old and a Grandfather of 2 beautiful children who are growing up fast. I am hoping losing my weight through Slimming World will give me a longer life, to be able to see my grand kids grow into adults. and maybe make me a Great Grandfather.All the best ....Stephen

Welcome 👍

Although I didn't eat my usual bread and butter ,which was my downfall. I have not touched a slice of bread or any butter or margerine in 12 days.Neither have I drank any alcohol.

Welcome Steve!

I know that feeling! I'm now into my 14th week and I've had one tiny bread roll and one burger bun since starting. No alcohol either (I used to drink relatively heavily (maybe 60-90 units per week)) and no milk. It's got a lot easier avoiding these as I've been going.

Good luck with the weight loss and keep us updated

Back