New to Slimming World

So this is complete honesty I have never tried slimming world before (plenty of other diets). I'm vegetarian so the red days put me off..

Anyway can someone explain exactly how it works and if I will actually lose on just green days?

I have read the website and the forum but I cant find anywhere which just has the basics?

Yes you can just do green days and still lose weight. i don't think the website tells you what the diet book does, think you have to join class to get the plan, however it does give you a 7 day menu. Basically pasta , potatoes, beans etc are all free on green and you can have unlimited veg, fruit and mullerlight yoghurts but you need to weigh out healthy extras like bread, meat (though won't affect you). Quorn is also free on green. Then you have an allowance of syns (normally 10) that you can have chocolate or alcohol or whatever you want. Good luck with weight loss.

No bother, if you want to join, you can do it online or by post as well. or if you wanted to do it alone but don't have the plan, you could always check ebay for the books.

I'm veggie too, on 100% green days, and I've lost 2st 11lbs since February, with almost zero effort.
Most Quorn is free, or vey low in syns; all pasta is free, as are potatoes. Cottage cheese, low fat yougurts, beans, fruit, veg, tea, coffee....there's nothing I can think of that I no longer eat, that I would like to.
Honestly, I didn't start SW for AGES, despite my folks losing over 10 stone between them in a year, because I was convinced it was no use for a vegetarian. I am delighted to say I was totally wrong!

If you aren't joining a class (I'm not in one), then I'd definatley suggest you go on ebay and buy the start-up booklets. It's pretty much like the SW bible, and after a couple of good reads of it, you'll be ready to go!

Good luck
x

Also i meant to say if you go on ebay to get the starter pack, check it is the most up to date one as things sometimes change though the basics usually stay the same

Check out the sticky at the top of the page which tells you all the basics and any questions you have may well be in that thread. There are quite a few veggies on SW and I have recently switched to just green days as the members in my group tend to have better losses on green.

Back