New to SW with PCOS - Advice needed :)

Hi all

I was diagnosed with PCOS at the age of 16 (27 now) I take metformin (slow release) and havent noticed a big difference with these. Been taking this since around the age 21..

This is the first time with SW, was with WW but the sugars wasnt helping so my GP advised me to try SW..

So far ive lost 2lbs and been doing it just over 2 weeks. Im keeping positive and aiming to my goal of IVF... Need to get BMI to 30..

Reading all your stories is giving me so much hope :D

Good luck to all you PCOS warriors xx

All the best nat I had ivf bmi was 34 and we had a 1st time success. Fingers crossed you get to the bmi needed and you too have a 1st time success x

Hello,

I've got PCOS with insulin resistance and my GP was very negative when I was diagnosed saying I need to lose weight but it's almost impossible to do so with the condition, I left feeling doomed to be fat forever!!

But actually you CAN lose weight with PCOS, my short weight loss journey so far has been a little up and down but that's through my choices and not because of PCOS.

I'm doing Slimming World and almost lost a stone but have put some on again over the festive period. Back on track now though!

I just want those other ladies with PCOS to not feel too negatively about it, you can lose weight and take back control of your health again.

Happy slimming xx

Hello

I too found my GP very negative, and like you felt doomed! Since starting slimming world I've managed to lose weight and I feel so positive this time round! It's an awful condition but I have hope finally!!

Xx

Back