New to SW

Welcome to the forum;)

The only tip I can offer is plan your meals, don't guess syns, don't assume something is free, drink plenty of water and don't forget to come on here if you have any questions.

:welcome2:

Of course, everyone on this section of Minimins will say that SW is really good!!!

Top tips for good weight loss....

If you don't understand - ASK. Whether you ask your consultant or just post on here, asking for help can stop accidental mistakes being made. :)

Read your pack. It has been designed to give you lots of information and can sometimes seem quite daunting. Sit down with a cup of tea and read through your pack and if you are still a bit confused, have a look at the 'sticky' thread near the top of the page that has a guide for 'newbies' (new people, like you!) :)

Plan. Plan things like menus, what to do if you are going out to eat, what you want to 'spend' your syns on, how many syns certain things have....etc.

Before you bite it - write it. For the first four weeks your consultant will probably want you to keep a 'food diary' (one will be given to you). This will be handed into the consultant each week, so that they can see that you have an understanding of the plan and to check that you are not accidentally going wrong. Always write down what you are eating BEFORE you eat it - it is so easy to forget the odd syn here and there and they soon add up!!!

Before you eat anything, understand where it fits into the plan and how many syns it might have.

Don't be afraid to eat!!!! As long as you are following the plans, food is your friend!!! Syns are there to make the plan more enjoyable. :D

Sorry if this is a bit long :eek:

Hope that this is of some help. I know that I could have written more about the plans, but I think that is best left to your consultant...

Welcome to the world of the Wednesday weighers!!! (I'm a Wednesday weigher too!!)

welcome to the forum and to SW - the only tips I can offer is READ the whole of the book - make sure you are fully aware of what you are eating - whether it's free or synned. Don't assume syns - make sure you know the syns - but above all relax and enjoy the plan as much as possible.

AND you will have a good first week - remember though, it's not a race, it's a lifetime eating plan - healthy and good for you.

Good luck.

Brilliant advice given.

Just wanted to say good luck :)

Good luck Charli and welcome to Minimins.

I think Lonestitchers post above is great and sums up SW really well. My main motto is plan, plan, plan, enjoy and drink plenty of water.

Hope it goes well. Keep us posted.

Gail x

Yes I agree with the above posts ... I personally think its definately easier if u plan in advance and know what u are eating ... I do a menu each thursday night so that when i go shopping on friday morning, i have a list and make sure i buy everything i need for the upcoming week.

Welcome to SW and minimins ... if u need any help or advice then please come on here and someone will help u ... everyone on here is so nice and friendly xxxx Good luck xxxx

:welcome2:

Welcome from me as well. Wishing you success and a slim New Year !!

Back