New to SW ! :)

Serendipity

Hi everyone!
I'm new to SW,although not to the the forum... a cambridge diet convert :)

I have a couple of questions re: extra easy....

1) Healthy Extras - if i had skimmed milk, do i need to drink the entirely daily allowance?

2) Healthy Extras - If i had cereal and it says + 1 x ryvita ... do i need to eat the ryvita?

3) Syns - I have had one packet of Walkers French fries @ 4.5 points ... do i need to eat 5 - 15 points a day?

Thanks for your help in advance
S xoxo

hi, i have heard that if you eat most of your syns a day etc you are more likely to get a bigger better weightloss, however i dont have all my daily syns and i am still seeing good weightloss. do you not use your milk in your hot drinks aswell as cereal?if you do thats most prob all of your allowance anyway, and i shouldnt see a problem with not eating the 1 ryvita. hope this helps

Hi there and welcome to sw :)

The answers to your questions, umm yes you do need to drink milk if you was to choose this as a healthy extra, otherwise you're not having the right amount of calcium in your diet.

You will need to eat the ryvita if it states it as a healthy B option to ensure you're having enough fibre in your diet.

For syns.. i usually have 5-10 a day, but sometimes 15. Dont be afraid to use them, thats what their they're for!

Good lucks.

:D

Hello and welcome to SW!! You do need really to eat all your healthy extra in order for the diet to work, if you don't it's not really worth it! But you don't have to eat them all in one go, I measure out my milk and use it throughout the day, or might have only half my milk allowance then have half a portion of cheese! You can do that! Same with the hex b can have half your bread portion or cereal and then half dried fruit it is very flexible!

In regards to syns you don't have to have all your syns each day, I often have 2-3 a day then save them for a few drinks at wkend! They are there for your enjoyment so don't deprive yourself! Use them on take away, alcohol, mayonnaise, whatever!

Good luck!

Hi everyone!
I'm new to SW,although not to the the forum... a cambridge diet convert :)

I have a couple of questions re: extra easy....

1) Healthy Extras - if i had skimmed milk, do i need to drink the entirely daily allowance?

2) Healthy Extras - If i had cereal and it says + 1 x ryvita ... do i need to eat the ryvita?

3) Syns - I have had one packet of Walkers French fries @ 4.5 points ... do i need to eat 5 - 15 points a day?

Thanks for your help in advance
S xoxo

1) yes - if it is too much, drink either semi or full and reduce accordingly.

2) you should eat the correct amount of each. If you do not like or want Ryvita, take 2 weetabix instead as the HEXB

3) yes, 5-15 syns

I'll also point out all these little things equate to part of the plan. I'm sure not everyone follows it 100% and will have their own take on the rules, but it makes sense to follow the plan correctly.

thanks everyone! Great Advice.
Re: Milk ... i don't drink tea or coffee or any hot drinks ( odd i know :)
Ryvita ... I'll get eating!
Happy valentines
S xoxo

yes you do need to drink milk if you was to choose this as a healthy extra, otherwise you're not having the right amount of calcium in your diet.

You will need to eat the ryvita if it states it as a healthy B option to ensure you're having enough fibre in your diet.

This is not necessarily true. Even if you do not eat the full amount quoted for the HE you will pick up calcium and fibre from the other foods in your diet. So if you are having yoghurts you get calcium and you get fibre from fruit and vegetables. So as long as you are eating a balanced diet it should not be an issue if you do not use the full amount.

Hi Serendipity

I too am new although have been here before on Cambridge for a short and miserable time.

Thanks for asking those questions as that was all very useful for me to know too.

Zaccy

Back