New to SW

lozlg

Hi, i havn't been on here for ages. I used to do CD, WW and LL. I've gone up and down in weight so many times and I gave up ww because i was so rubbish at tracking and bored of working out point values for everything i ate. I now weigh 14st 12lbs and now giving SW a go. I went to my local meeting last night and when i got there, the leader was explaining the diet to the newbies and I joined them. I think I missed some info and she explained the diet so fast, most of it i didn't have time to take in. I don't really know what i'm doing :(. No one asked questions at the end, so i didn't (im rather shy). I've read the welcome pack but I just don't know why there are 3 plan choices? Do most people start on extra easy? Where will i find syn values for things like crisps, yoghurts etc. Is there a bigger list of syns than the one on my book? and one last question. Is Robinsons squash with no added sugar free? Thanks x

Hi there, I have been doing the diet almost a year now. I joined after my daddy and 2 sisters. My daddy has lost almost 6 stone. You need to get your mind set on which one to do, I recomend extra easy. you are allowed as much lean meat and carbs as you want but only one "a" and "b" choice. you can do this diet without having to change what you eat, just by how you cook it and find healthy foods you can exchange for unhealthy foods. last night I had a pizza and it worked out free because I used the chees as my a b choice. this site should help you but if you need to talk, just let me know. good luck

lozlg said:
Hi, i havn't been on here for ages. I used to do CD, WW and LL. I've gone up and down in weight so many times and I gave up ww because i was so rubbish at tracking and bored of working out point values for everything i ate. I now weigh 14st 12lbs and now giving SW a go. I went to my local meeting last night and when i got there, the leader was explaining the diet to the newbies and I joined them. I think I missed some info and she explained the diet so fast, most of it i didn't have time to take in. I don't really know what i'm doing :(. No one asked questions at the end, so i didn't (im rather shy). I've read the welcome pack but I just don't know why there are 3 plan choices? Do most people start on extra easy? Where will i find syn values for things like crisps, yoghurts etc. Is there a bigger list of syns than the one on my book? and one last question. Is Robinsons squash with no added sugar free? Thanks x

Hey Hun

I started just last week on my 2nd week now!! You can register on slimming world website, under recipes is a syn calculator!! I have done extra easy every day, just for the fact it's easy lol!! I lost 4.5 lbs in my first week!! Good luck :) xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

During your first few weeks you will find yourself with your head constantly in the book! It does seem really confusing at first. I am 8 months into the diet and Still learn new things all the time. Try following the weekly diet they suggest for your first week, that way you will stay to plan without much stress! GOOD LUCK! YOU CAN DO IT xx

Hi and welcome to slimming world, iv also tried ww and other plans but found that slimming world is the only diet that I can stick to for a long time, I joined back in jan and have lost almost a stone so far, I have about 1 stone to go. I'm losing it slowly but to be honest don't really feel like I'm on a diet.... I've just changed the way I cook things and have much healthier snacks now I even have a least 1 take away a week, I usually have anIndian, but I would order plain rice and chicken tikker now instead of the creamy curries that I used to enjoy. Try looking on the food diary thread for some ideas, if you need any help just ask as people on here r always happy to answer, good luck with your first week xx chunkymonkee xx

Thanks everyone. I feel like i'am eating loads. Im worried i might put on weight at my first weigh in. Do any of you have to control your portions of pasta/rice? I'm eating normal portions for someone who's not dieting but feel like i should cut down.

lozlg said:
Thanks everyone. I feel like i'am eating loads. Im worried i might put on weight at my first weigh in. Do any of you have to control your portions of pasta/rice? I'm eating normal portions for someone who's not dieting but feel like i should cut down.

I was the exact same :) lost 4.5 lbs though ;)

No measuring for the potatoes/pasta etc. But I tend to eat slower and take my time - putting your cutlery down between bites helps - so I realise when I am full now, rather than eating quicker and then going OMG!! I am so full that I cant move!
Tonight I made home made curry with rice and there was about 2/3's of the rice left... makes a huge difference to me.

Hi, there is no weighing or measuring your portions when it comes to pasta rice ect...
But slimming world do recommend that your fill your plate at least a third with ss food when on the EE plan. I find this helps me from being greedy and stops all the belly blout that I tend to get when eating pasta. When is weigh in day for you? Hope it goes well.. Shell x

Thanks, my weigh in day is Thursday so will let you all know how my first week goes. :)

Although I have only been doing this a short while, I find that writing the diary is such a help. It makes me think about what I am doing and I plan all my meals... so stupid really because I never done that before!!
Its only 2lb, as quickly as you can put it on, you can lose it. Chin up and superfree it up :)

Chunkymonkee said:
No it wasn't my first week... I've been going since January, but I've lost my way a bit and need to get back on it x

Chin up, you will get there :) why don't you go back to you diaries xx

Socialbutterfly1979 said:
Chin up, you will get there :) why don't you go back to you diaries xx

Thanks I think I will do that, feel good today stuck to plan 100o/o and got to the gym for an hour today, I'm also thinking I might set my alarm clock for 6am and get to the gym in the morning b4 hubby leaves for work, then it's all done b4 the Sch run.... Which leaves me a nice day in the sun before half term begins ?happy days x

Chunkymonkee said:
Thanks I think I will do that, feel good today stuck to plan 100o/o and got to the gym for an hour today, I'm also thinking I might set my alarm clock for 6am and get to the gym in the morning b4 hubby leaves for work, then it's all done b4 the Sch run.... Which leaves me a nice day in the sun before half term begins ?happy days x

My goodness, well done you :) xxx

I lost 2 and a half lbs . Not bad , im happy with that. Just hop
e its consistant.

Back