new to the forum

NatGos

aloha I've just joined minimins. I've been doing this diet now since new year's day and have lost 15lbs so far which is awesome for me if I do say so myself lol.

So far this has been the only diet I've been able to stick to, I like the fact that 'I can eat it tomorrow' (which happens to be today as it's an up day for me today wooo hehe).

Hi and welcome, there are a few of this doing this type of diet and you will get loads of support from them. Well done with your weight loss so far too x

Good luck to you this forum is great you will find the answer to any questions you have on here

Welcome:D

Hello, and welcome to minimins! Wow you've done great so far on the diet, keep posting and let us all know how you're getting on. Good luck x

Hi all , new to this diet have been doing it for 3 weeks. Have about 7 lbs to shift after baby. The problem is that I weigh myself on a down day and I have lost 6 lbs in the 3 weeks, but weighed myself on an up day and have put it back on. I know I'm not supposed to weigh on an up day, but now that I have I can't help but wonder why I;m doing this. Feel very disheartened.

Hi Dietnewbie.. I'm not an expert (only been on the diet for about 5 weeks!) but have you been keeping a record of exactly what you are eating? On down days it's really easy to go over your calories just with things like milk in tea or having a nibble on something you shouldn't (hehe that would be me) also making sure you aren't going over the top on your up days is important too. If you have been careful though I'm not sure what to say.. so far the diet has worked really well for me but I only ever weigh myself once a week after a down day so not sure how much my weight fluctuates during the week. I hope you don't give up, maybe give it another try? Best of luck :)

Thank you so much Leese. The next day I was back at 9 st 2 which is a 5 lb loss. Perhaps weighing myself every day is not good, but hard habit to break and I also panic that I may be ok after a down day and fat after an up day! I write down every thing, between 400 - 500 on down day and 1800- 2010 on up day - is this too much? I will keep at it. It's the only time I have ever tried to properly lose the pounds. I have personal training once a week and do a cardio workout 1 hour a week.

Oh we are almost the same weight.. how tall are you? Do you have a goal weight? Yes I suppose it is tempting to weigh yourself during the week but I think it is much more accurate if you do it just once a week. You seem to be spot on with your calorie intake and it's great that you exercise regularly too.. I do pilates to tone up, but I really should do it more often!

Yes, we are! I'm 5'4. Still 9st 2 yesterday, so total weight loss 5lbs in 3 weeks. But I would like to see the scales moving a bit more! I don't know about a goal weight. I used to be 8 st 7 at uni, but I'm now 34 and have 2 children, so that may be unrealistic and possibly looked a little thin as I have a large bust. I think 8 st 10 - 12 would be great. I have also measured myself was 36 - 27 - 36 but over the month and since doing the personal training my waist is now 26, so pleased with that. I have to say that I do feel physically better since eating this way. I have suffered with migraine and daily headaches since I was 12. Since doing this diet I have not had one headache!

Sounds like you're doing great. Yes try to break the habit of weighing everyday, it can be off putting, aim for just once a week. I know it can be hard, we can all be scale junkies!!

Good news on teh headaches! Juddd is really helpful to lots of health issues, helped me with IBS and PMT!

Thanks Stirky. Weigh in today, no loss, no gain. A bit frustrating. But still feeling physically good, far less bloated aswell as no headaches. It's great to have encouragement. Do I just have to accept though that I will be at 9 st 2 forever???!!

Back