New to the site.... looking for support!

LucyB

Hi all... I have been going to slimming world classes for 6 weeks and have only lost 5.5lbs :eek:( I know this is better than nothing, but I still feel bad at myself for not trying harder.
I am now doing SW from home as my job means its hard for me to go to classes... looking for any kind of motivational buddies to help me along the way x

Welcome to the site mate- you will definitely find heaps of motivation and buddies here.

Just want to hopefully help on 2 points:
I only lose on average a pound a week- there are tons of people out there who lose quicker on SW, but I long ago accepted that I lose slower. I also accepted that this is NOT a quick fix diet and I was going to ensure I did it properly and I was in it for the long haul- I have lost 4.5 stone so far using this method. 1lb a week is perfectly fine and may give you that bit longet to get your head in gear so it is not so hard to maintain when you get to target

Also- my job also means I can't go to class, so do SW online on the bodyoptimise site. This works for me as I still know I am being 'watched' and get all the support. Lots of people on here just go it alone and do perfectly fine. Lots of people go to class as they like the discipline and support- choose whatever way works for you, but if you are interested in the on-line plan plenty of people, myself included, can advise you if you are interested.

Welcome to the gang!!!! xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Welcome to Minimins :)

That's not a bad loss for 6 weeks, especially when you haven't got much to lose really. I see you want to lose 2 stone, but when you're down near that end of the weight scale, losses are generally slower...so be pleased with what you've done so far!

Is it really that you need to try harder? Have you just been dabbling with it so far? If so, then getting on plan 100% should be your answer and you'll do well I'm sure.

Plenty of motivation, buddies, ideas, questions and pretty much anything you can think of on here. Browse round and get inspiration!!

:D

Thanks ladies... great to hear from you both!
One last question... how do I upload a profile pic and get a weight tracker at the bottom of my messages?
I think sharing my progress will help me be motivated.

I was on the plan solidly for 2 weeks, and lost what I have already... I may be at the lower end of the scale for weight loss, but cos I am only small I know I am overweight for my height.

I have been glancing round the forums already this morning and have found some amazing threads for syns and menus and stuff! I am really pleased I have joined and hope I make many new friends.
I always feel very alone when I try a new diet so its good to have people around in the same boat all reaching for the same goal!
Lou x

...and when you have as many posts as me...people start asking you to shut up! LOL! :blahblah:

Back