New to this! My first food diary =]

superspoy

Hey, starting my diet today and was just hoping for some advice on slimming world!
This is my first food diary:

Breakfast: Fruit salad (banana, orange, kiwi fruit)

Lunch: Pasta with cheese (healthy extra), mushrooms and tuna

Dinner: Fried eggs (frylight) with mushy peas and a baked potato.

Excersize - 30 Min workout dvd :)

Is this a good example of a slimming world diet? Am I eating any syns?
I hope the diet works, I have about 2 stones to lose :(
Also Im doin this on Extra Easy (to start out with)

After my first day I felt pretty good, avoiding left over chocolate from christmas is a skill! (Though I did have 3 sneaky boiled sweets - not sure how many syns that was).
Bought two new workout dvds yesterday too, just have to wait for them to be delivered!!
Is it really possible to have as much carbs as you'd like and still lose weight :S??
Anyways I'll post my food diary for today once I've eaten =]

I think the trick to sw is everything in moderation, when you are serving up put your 1/3 superfree on first that way you can't slyly reduce the portion size of superfree and replace with extra carbs/protein. Am assuming you are doing Extra Easy? enjoy it, good luck with wi, its a very family friend, easy diet to follow, enjoy your carbs, but make sure you eat a balanced range of food, if you find your weight loss over next coming weeks is slow, you can adjust your food intake accordingly, but based on your menu i would say yes you are fine to continue enjoying your carbs!

Ok so, today I was pretty good, I turned down fish and chips, which is odd for me!

Friday:
Breakfast - Pear, Kiwi fruit and Muller light yoghurt
Lunch - Whole grain rice, tuna and cheese (he) - odd i know but it was good
Dinner - Salmon, Baked Potatoes (with chopped garlic) and salad (tomato, cucumber, cress and spring onion)

Snacks:
Walkers Baked crisps (not sure how many syns?)
A Boiled sweet too

Last edited:
Extra easy:
Saturday:
Breakfast: A pear and a Muller Light yoghurt
Lunch: Lentil Dahl with a side salad
Dinner: Chinese (naughty I know!) - Prawn Chow Mein (7ish syns?)
I promise I wont eat any more syns today though =D

Does anyone have any suggestions for me, Im sticking to extra easy because I don't eat meat or poultry, just fish, how could I do a red day, or should I just stick to extra easy?
Any advice/comments would be so helpful =] xx

hi supersoy,

I am not as much of an expert as some of the people on this site. But you could have a red day and just have as much fish as you want. You dont seem to be having any syns and I was told that this is sometimes not a good thing. It does not look like you are eating enough to me. But as I say I am not as knowledgeable as some! There are some great people on here to help you. Good luck
btw - walkers baked crisps 25g 5 syns or if 37.5g bag 7.5syns

ann-marie
xx

Thanks for the reply Ann-marie! I had no idea walkers baked would have 5 syns, thanks for letting me know! Im glad to hear taking advantage of the syn limit may be a good thing! I won't feel so guilty about my chinese tonight now :) xx

hi superspoy,

Are you going to a group? I am doing my sw from home. Enjoy your chinese - keky like donnajt said is "everything in moderation". I have read her posts and she really is knowledgeable.
have a good weekend hun
x

Ok, the weekend was hard, I spent it at my boyfriends house who eats a lot! haha, anyways,

Sunday EE
Breakfast: Grapes, Melon slices and an Apple
Lunch: No lunch (got out of bed at 11) so breakfast was my lunch
Dinner: Pasta with tuna and cheese (hex) and dolmio sauce (7 syns)
Snacks: Milky way bars (7 syns)

Syns total: 14 - oops =/
Hopefully will make up for it this week at home, sneakily weighed myself at the boyfriends house and no weight has shifted so far :sigh: but I guess I'll have to wait till the proper weigh in! Any ideas as to what I've been doing wrong? :confused:

Monday EE
Breakfast - Pear, Orange and Muller Light Yoghurt
Lunch - Salmon Salad with chopped hard boiled eggs
Dinner - Beans, Baked potato and 2 Linda Mcartney Veggie Sausages (4 syns)
Snacks: 50g Bag of Rowntrees Randoms (8 syns)

Total Syns: 12

I ordered 2 workout dvds earlier this week and expect them to arrive today (fingers crossed) I got the new Davina one and a Clare's Bootcamp one! If they do come I think I'll try the Clare's one today or some excersize!

Last edited:
I've just recieved the workout dvd's so decided to do the Clare's Bootcamp one, it claims to burn 1000 calories if you do each section. :eek:
I did the first two, half of the third and the the cool-down, its hard, but there is a trainer that gives you an easier option, I would definatley recommend it to anyone wanting to excersize! :)

Tuesday EE
Breakfast - 2x Wheetabix (hexb) Semi-skimmed milk (hexa)
Lunch - Tuna egg salad, Muller Light Yoghurt
Dinner - Salmon, Wholegrain Rice, Garlic and Mushrooms

Snack - Twix - 14.5 Syns

Going to the cinema today - will just be having a diet coke
Exercise - 80 mins - Clare Nasir's dvd

Total syns: 14.5

Wednesday EE
Breakfast - Wheetabix (heb) and Semi-skimmed milk (hea)

Lunch - Batchelors Golden Savoury rice with Salad and Muller Yog

Dinner - Half a carton of Covent Garden Leek and Potato Soup (7.5) and 2x Linda Mc Cartney sausages (4) with salad

Total Syns: 11.5

Last edited:
Thursday EE
Breakfast: Grapes, Clementines and a Muller Light Yog
Lunch: Pasta with mushrooms, tomatoes, cheese (heA) and Quorn sausages
Dinner: The other half of the covent garden soup (7.5)
Snacks: Snack a Jacks mini bag (5.5)

Syns total: 13

Oh dear, I know im sticking to the 5-15 limit, but am I overdoing it on the syns? I haven't lost any weight in this first week and I'm not quite sure why, does anyone have any suggestions?
The only thing I can think of is that I've come off the pill for my period? Any help would be great! xx

Hi supersoy, I wish I could comment on your post - but I am not that knowledgeable yet. I suggest you try posting on someone like donnajt diary and/or prawnchopsuey and/or freshnewstart diaries. I did not get many people responding for awhile. If you post to them they will definately reply to you. They have been great to me with all their help and advise. Thats what I did and eventually I got some help. hope this helps you a little. I know it can be so confusing at first. xx

Back