NEW TO THIS

HALLORAN

Hi all,

I returned to WW last night on a last ditch attempt to lose weight! Have done WW before 7 years ago and lost 4 stone, have regained all of that plus 1 more stone!!

Was going to do RC but i liked WW before so thought i would give it another go as it worked last time.

I go away in 3 weeks and as usual have left it until last minute to try and lose anything. I have tried LT and CD and i know it is not for me, it absolutly kills me and makes me miserable. I am still tempted to be miserable and do it the week before i go away as i know the weight loss will be so good, but i know i will be eating and drinking while i am away and even if i can fit into my hol clothes before i go i will not beable to when away as any weight i lose will go back on. I really do admire anyone who has the strength and willpower to do LT/CD.

I think that fingers crossed i may even lose weight while i am away as i tend to exercise more.

Sorry for the ramble but i have a couple of questions!!

1) I AM DOING KICKSTART FOR 2 WEEKS, I KNOW THE BOOKLET GIVES YOU PLANS FOR 18 PTS, BUT IT SAYS THAT IF YOU ARE OVER14ST WHICH I AM THEN TO ADD 4PTS WHICH WOULD BRING MY ALLOWANCE TO 22. MY NORMAL ALLOWANCE IS 24 EACH DAY. IS THIS RIGHT? IS THE WHOLE GYST OF KICKSTART THAT YOU JUST REDUCE YOUR PTS ALLOWANCE BY 2?

2) I KNOW THIS IS A STUPID QUESTION AND I COULD ASK HOW LONG IS A PIECE OF STRING, BUT WHAT DO YOU THINK I CAN LOSE IN 3 WEEKS? MY SATS ARE 5FT 4INCHS, WEIGHT: 16ST 4LB. FEMALE.

i check minimins throughout the day if i get chance at work, but i am on here evrynight checking the posts. Is there anyone that fancies budding up with me to keep each other on the straight and narrow and share thoughts expiriences etc?

Can i just say i thought the sticky about ideas and points values of our favorite things/snacks and new food was brill and i got some great ideas for when i went shopping today and actually took my points calculator to compare supermarkets cheaper own brands with the leading!!

Thankyou in advance

Elaine xx

Hi Halloran I,am new to this well not the diet but writting on forums I Also started ww on Monday NOT for the first time :mad::mad::mad:.or 2nd :eek::eek: Anyway good luck with it Rachel

Hi Elaine

Welcome to the board :)

I know what you mean about CD - I did it for 1 week and 1 day, and it totally changed my personallity - I was so miserable and starving hungry all the time! I lost 10lbs in the first week though which was the only good thing about it!

It really is impossible to say how much you'll lose in 3 weeks. A lot of people have a bigger weight loss the first week, but that's generally because they've had a last week binge because they know they're staring a diet (or is that just me lol). But generally the healthy weight loss is 1.5 - 2 lbs a week, the heavier you are the more you can expect to lose.

I'm not sure if doing CD for a week before you holiday is a good idea, you'll only put it all back on during your holiday, and the week before a holiday you should be winding down and looking forward, not feeling miserable :)

Anyway, good luck and keep reading and posting - it really does help!!

Love
Twiggy
xx

welcome to minimins girls, good luck on your diets and i look forward to readig your progress x

Hi again

Forgot to say, can't really remember the rules of kickstart, but you can save 4 points a day, so I don't see any harm in cutting down by 4 points for yor first week or 2 :)

I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong :)

Twiggy
x

Thanxs to you all for your replies.
You are right Twiggy and decided to give CD a wide berth.
Went to class Monday night but officially starting tomoz (weds). Have spent the day reading up on the books and have been shopping to stock up.

Wish me lookwill post 2moz

Elaine xx

Good luck... I started back on Monday aswell!!

started ww today just been reading some of the posts looks like theres alot of support i'm actually looking forward to it. GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!

Hi

Good luck with your journey. I started back again on Saturday - not for the first, second, third, fourth or even fifth time! I've joined that many times I've lost count!

Not this time though - this time I'm going the whole hog and am in it til the end!!

Good luck to all the other newbies that started back again this week! We will all do it this time!

xxx

Back