New to up and down

gentoo

Hi. I began with the dukan diet three weeks ago. After a good start I discovered that I can't di their protein/veg days because I simply don't like the foods and reintroducing the carbs to my diet gives me stomach cramps. the good news is I lost 10.8lb and have a reduced appetite (dramatically to the point I'm struggling to get over 700 calories with the restricted foods I'm allowed). Weightloss has now stalled.
So - I'm going to create my own diet plan. I'm going to follow some of the principles of dukan by maintaining my pp days (down) but on the pv days I'm going to have an up day and eat the carbs I know don't upset me.
I can manage the below 500 easily on a down/pp day and being allowed to eat potatoes and peas on an up/pv day will enable me to feel "normal" again.
Wish me luck!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Sounds like a fab plan :) Good luck and let us know how it's going! x

Good luck, not sure I understand any of that:eek: but good luck and nice to have another member here:)

I managed 497 calories today (and that included a very naughty Belgian chocolate ww slice). Feel fine.
It's a few more than I should have though (I need to double check the website but I'm sure my dd was supposed to be 368 which seemed a bit too low). However, I'm prepared to take a few days to ease myself in.
Ironically, I've planned tomorrows food already (I'm entertaining visitors at work and promised them cakes) and its only 750(something) so I might be ok.
I need to check the website more closely though (difficult on the phone) as I don't recall a recommendation for the up day.
Fingers crossed. Xx

Numbers located
DD = 325
Normal = 1626 (I assume this is an up day)
Do I presume that an intermediate day is one above a DD but not as high as normal?

Your numbers are quite low!

Mine are
DD 400
UD 2044

I'd quite like to know what an intermediate day is too as I'd like to do that tomoro

11 lost : 56 to goal

Do you have the myfitnesspal app? I'm going to use this to count my cals up and down,

If you want to add me ive the same user name

Invite sent. :) to mfp.
I've just double checked those figures. It's definitely what the site says. Maybe it's because I'm not very tall and don't do much exercise.
See you tomorrow!!

Lol if there was a motionless option is have ticked that!

My bmi's maybe higher than yours, around 33 at mo #shame

Going to start my own diary I think

I honestly wouldn't worry too much about sticking to your UP day cals, its your DD 's that are important. I tend to not even count my cals on an up day and sort of guestimate. As long as you are not eating takeaway and cream cakes all day long on all of your UP days you will be fine. I still eat cakes /chocolate etc on my UP days if thats what I fancy.
Intermediate days would be around the 1000 - 1400 cals day. The sort of amount you would eat if you were on a calorie restricted diet. I also wouldn't worry about the carbs on either day, eat all food groups and enjoy them. You have to be careful to ensure you do eat on your UP days as there is a science bit behind this diet and for it to work you need to eat on alternate days, it stops your body going into starvation mode therefore storing all the fat!
Lovely to see some new faces and I look forward to seeing how you get on x

What's an intermediate day? And where does it fit into the UP day, DOWN day plan?

It's where your cal intake is between 1000-1400, you aren't allowed to have two dd's in a row so sometimes you need to use ID to match your UDs to events etc

14 lost : 53 to goal

What's an intermediate day? And where does it fit into the UP day, DOWN day plan?
What Fizzy said ;) There is a lot of flexibility in this plan :)

Today was a down day. Goal 325. Achieved 322!
(actually forced myself to eat the last 75 calories)
Looking forward to a descending weigh in tomorrow !!!!!
Fingers crossed.

Look on mfp!
I have to confess it wasn't exciting. Fromage frais, ham slices and beef slices. Too hot to eat! Just drank plenty.

Lol oops. I'll do it next tone I'm on a pc.
Had a nice pig out today. Ate what I wanted without feeling guilty. Included two glasses of wine and a subway cookie. Thumping head - but really happy. And still less than 1400 calories!

You can do it on the iPhone app as well.

I really want some wine as well but it'll take me way over......

14 lost : 53 to goal

Back