New to up and down

I too struggle with a bad knee after a fall 6 weeks ago where I fell onto a gravelled drive and got an infection in my knee- im a fitness and aerobics instructor believe it or not ;) so I just walk as much as I can and also swim as I find it helps- particularly if u can do pool to sauna, or jacuzzi to pool! Hot to cold really helps :)

Hope you're ok!

Ruth
X

gentoo said:
Official Weigh in this morning (7 days). I've had 3UD, 3DD and 1IM and up to yesterday I'd lost nothing. :(. This morning the scales showed a very pleasant 1.4lb loss. Let's hope it continues.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Well done on the fab loss!!!!

Ruth
X

I managed all day with nothing to eat until 15 minutes ago. (it's a DD). I resisted the three cakes I'd baked, doughnuts bought for a colleagues birthday and my friends tuna baguette!
But, got home, served the kids dinner and had one piece of garlic bread left over. Figured I couldn't eat it on its own (and I wasn't wasting it) so made myself a supper with two slices of roast turkey too.
To finish it off - a mini meringue shell (19 calories) and a cuppa green tea.
So the total for a so called "fasting day" was............97 calories! (my DD target is 325 so in actually quite pleased with this!)

Hey well done, super DD, funnily enough I felt like doing a fasting day today too , I don't think I will ever get through the day without my tea so milk allowance of 100 cals will always be my lowest I think. Anyway like you went all day without food until I decided to try a porridge pot I bought earlier, not because I was hungry I was just curious to try it, so my total was 240, really pleased with mine but would be super pleased if I was as low as you, well done :)

Well done on your DD and on your weight loss x

gentoo said:
I managed all day with nothing to eat until 15 minutes ago. (it's a DD). I resisted the three cakes I'd baked, doughnuts bought for a colleagues birthday and my friends tuna baguette!
But, got home, served the kids dinner and had one piece of garlic bread left over. Figured I couldn't eat it on its own (and I wasn't wasting it) so made myself a supper with two slices of roast turkey too.
To finish it off - a mini meringue shell (19 calories) and a cuppa green tea.
So the total for a so called "fasting day" was............97 calories! (my DD target is 325 so in actually quite pleased with this!)

A very tasty 97 cals!!

14 lost : 53 to goal

bajoleth said:
Hey well done, super DD, funnily enough I felt like doing a fasting day today too , I don't think I will ever get through the day without my tea so milk allowance of 100 cals will always be my lowest I think.

I always thought that as I love a big mug of coffee, but when I went on exante I had to drop milk and have it black, which I hated, tasted so bitter! But now I've got used to it I actually prefer it black now! I'm also drinking rooibus tea which is lovely black

14 lost : 53 to goal

I don't like milk but I'd always had milk in my tea. Then six years ago I decided to cut it out. (a matter of convenience) That was the only change I made to my diet at that time and I lost a stone in six weeks.
I rarely have an empty mug. I don't drink water but I do get my fluids through tea. I changed to green tea (although I'll happily drink any tea black) a few years back (but had a break when finances were tight!) and enjoy the fact it tastes just as good cold as well as hot.
I was delighted to discover its supposed to help with weight loss and digestion too!
I can't stand milk in my tea now.
(coffee on the other hand, I'd always drunk black - now I can't stomach the stuff. I'll drink a latte or cappuccino but coffee itself just turns my stomach)

I have been thinking about changing from semi to skimmed milk as that will be less calories but I really don't think I could drink it black its my 1 vice ha ha

bajoleth said:
I have been thinking about changing from semi to skimmed milk as that will be less calories but I really don't think I could drink it black its my 1 vice ha ha

I have always drank skimmed although I barely use it, just for 2 cups of tea and then the rest I have black :)

Ruth
X

I will buy some ready for Fri as I bought some weight watchers choc dessert mix and you need skimmed milk to mix it up, so I will see how I go with it in my tea too :)

Yay! After 24 hours of being locked out I can post again!!!
(not sure what happened).
Anyway... UD today but I've actually struggled. I had a really bad day at work with a work colleague (someone i line manage) screaming abuse at me in front of 250 odd students from y11 and our visiting y4s and of course the accompanying staff. My usual reaction is to burst into tears and hide in my office scoffing chocolate and biscuits and cakes. I actually managed not to do this! I calmly repeated my request (I promise it was a reasonable one) and walked away, made a green tea and sat doing paperwork. Unfortunately I didn't feel like eating anything so I had to force myself to eat lunch and I've come home and although I've had a number of small meals none of them were particularly calorific. I even tried my meringue shells and some dark chocolate but just font fancy them any more. :( I can't believe I'm unhappy at not having pigged out! I still have 900 calories to target so I might make tomorrow another up day.
On a positive note- after yesterday's weight loss I lost another 0.8lb overnight. (I still weigh daily as I feel more in control of any possible blips - but I only record on my spreadsheet/graph on a Sunday)
Has any one else experienced a change in tastes?

gentoo/aptenny

Sorry to hear you had such a bad experience hon.

I think a loss of appetite on up days can happen - I know I don't often feel like much on an up day - don't stress about it and eat what you want when you want x

Yes. That's where I keep my records. And a spreadsheet on the pc where I add any personal bits and pieces.

gentoo/aptenny

DD today - but not worried if I go over slightly as I was so under on my UD yesterday. Registered another loss this morning!!! (yay).
Stressful day at work so not much of an appetite but did eat 85% dark chocolate on and off all day. Was a bit light headed but as I get like that when I'm upset I don't think it was down to food. Had a normal dinner tonight - fish in butter sauce, peas and 3 whole chips! Along with my chocolate this makes 326/325 calories so not bad. But now be eaten I'm craving something else. Maybe a couple of meringue shells since I've gone off them.

gentoo/aptenny

Thats an excellent DD, well done x

It round have been except the anxiety of the day got to me and I ended up eating without thinking. 728 in the end. Never mind. There's always tomorrow. :)

gentoo/aptenny

Don't worry thats fine ;)

Back