New to Weight Watchers! The diary of my journey :)

Hey everyone!

Hope you've all had a lovely day and are staying strong on your weight loss plans! Here goes the diary!

Food Diary: Day 4

Breakfast

1 weetabix: 2
1/4 pint ss milk: 2
banana: 0

Lunch

warburtons brown square wrap: 4
2 slices ham: 2
1 tbsp low fat mayo: 1
lettuce: 0
tomatoes: 0
apple: 0

Dinner:

1 medium grilled steak (no fat): 7
steamed asparagus: 0
Large salad: 0

Snacks/treats

Tunnocks Caramel Wafer (mmmmm!!): 4
splashes of milk in coffee: 3

TOTAL PP USED: 25
PP TAKEN FROM WEEKLY EXTRAS: 0

I realised I hadn't eaten enough points today after I sat down and counted up my dinner points, then I gave myself a rather nasty cut on the finger (I say rather nasty...it was pretty bad. When I bent my finger I could see the tendon in my knuckle! :sick:) so I thought I'd have the tunnocks bar as a treat!! and it was DELICIOUS!

also, if anyone hasn't tried the warburtons wraps I would recommend them! my lunch was amazing today! and a lot more filling than a white tortilla wrap! :D

Best of luck missy! i also started on thursday woohoo... 4 days down only 400 to go hahaha :) we can do this!!!!! :D x

Thankyou!! its awesome to know someone else is at the exact same point! Apparently after 4 days your blood sugar levels drop and you stop craving all those naughty treats....Lets see if they are right!

and you are right! we CAN do this, everyone!!! xxx

Hey Sarah!

Lovely to meet a fellow Essex Gal on the same mission! What is the Simply Filling plan though?! I've never even heard of it! How are have you been doing the last few weeks? I'm so worried about first weigh-in! Have resisted the scales so far and I am usually a serial weigher!

Thanks for following! and I wish you all the best on your journey too! XX

Hi,

My ww leader didnt tell me about the simply filling plan either :( I found out about it on here then found that i had a booklet in the ww file i was given in week 1. if you have that, have a look for it, it will explain it better than i can. It is basically, you can eat as much as you like of the green highlighted foods until you are comfortabley full and not have your daily points. instead you have your weeklies still at 49 to use through out the week on foods that are pointed like butter, yogurts ect. you have to have a healthy oil each day too. i find it so much better than pointing everything!!!! :) and you can switch plans day by day so it makes the whole thing so vesitile!!

I try not to weigh too much too but its so hard!! Especially when you know you have been so good and cant help but take a peek. Im sure ul have a very good weigh in :)

my first few weeks have been ok, im finding this week and last week have been better since starting the simply filling plan. and im making more effort to be more active which is clocking me up some steps and activity points, which i save :) All in all i feel really upbeat and positive :)

Have a look at the simply filling plan and let me know what you think......there is a thread on here that will tell you about it too :) xx

Hi,

My ww leader didnt tell me about the simply filling plan either :( I found out about it on here then found that i had a booklet in the ww file i was given in week 1. if you have that, have a look for it, it will explain it better than i can. It is basically, you can eat as much as you like of the green highlighted foods until you are comfortabley full and not have your daily points. instead you have your weeklies still at 49 to use through out the week on foods that are pointed like butter, yogurts ect. you have to have a healthy oil each day too. i find it so much better than pointing everything!!!! :) and you can switch plans day by day so it makes the whole thing so vesitile!!

I try not to weigh too much too but its so hard!! Especially when you know you have been so good and cant help but take a peek. Im sure ul have a very good weigh in :)

my first few weeks have been ok, im finding this week and last week have been better since starting the simply filling plan. and im making more effort to be more active which is clocking me up some steps and activity points, which i save :) All in all i feel really upbeat and positive :)

Have a look at the simply filling plan and let me know what you think......there is a thread on here that will tell you about it too :) xx

Wow that sounds a lot easier to keep track of! It also sounds very much like slimming world! and its good that you can change between days as well! I'll have to look into it further! I'll ask my group leader I think, she didn't actually explain very much at all! I've never heard of activity points either! Its good to hear that you're still feeling upbeat and positive a few weeks in! I am too but I'm assuming thats because its all new at the moment, I'm hoping the novelty won't wear off too soon!

I'm off to have dinner now! pasta though and its already cooked!

Does anyone know roughly how much cooked pasta is a "portion"?? like the size of my hand or palm or something? hmmm....!!

Hi,

A portion to me is 45g but that uncooked weight but it depends on you and how much you want really. cooked weight id say it looks like a cup full.

Your leader didnt tell you about activity points either :( They are points your earn for any exercise you do hunnie, you can either save them and help towards a better loss or you can eat them, maybe if you have a special event coming up or something. I save all mine if i can :)

Yes i guess it is simular to slimming world!! I only tried SW once and i wasnt too good with portion control back then so thought it best i avoided that plan and did calorie counting instead which worked well. But i joined ww 4 wks ago for a change and new plan as i get too used to a plan after a while too! x

Hi,

A portion to me is 45g but that uncooked weight but it depends on you and how much you want really. cooked weight id say it looks like a cup full.

Your leader didnt tell you about activity points either :( They are points your earn for any exercise you do hunnie, you can either save them and help towards a better loss or you can eat them, maybe if you have a special event coming up or something. I save all mine if i can :)

Yes i guess it is simular to slimming world!! I only tried SW once and i wasnt too good with portion control back then so thought it best i avoided that plan and did calorie counting instead which worked well. But i joined ww 4 wks ago for a change and new plan as i get too used to a plan after a while too! x

Ahh thankyou! It was about a cup and a half so I counted it as 5pp just in case!! I agree with you about Slimming World, it doesn't teach you anything about portion control so your appetite stays a lot bigger! I've found I don't want food as much with Weight Watchers, guess my stomach has started to shrink, which is always good! :D

Looks like I'll be asking my group leader a million questions on Thursday! She's gonna lovvveee me! haha xx

Food Diary: Day 5

Breakfast

Banana: 0

Lunch

Warburtons brown square wrap: 4
Tin of tuna: 3
2 tbsp light mayo: 2
orange: 0

Dinner

3/4 chicken breast: 5
50g pasta: 5
sauce made from tomatoes, peppers, onions and lots of spices: 3 (just in case any oil used etc!)

Snacks/treats

1 chocolate chip cookie: 2
1/4 pint ss milk: 3

l
ooks like I have a few points left over so I'm planning on having 6 of those little chocolate cups you used to get in penny sweet pick and mixes (some people think they are gross but I love them! and its only one point for 2!)...so taking those into account.....

TOTAL PP USED: 30

TOTAL TAKEN FROM WEEKLY EXTRA: 0

2 more days till weigh-in!! getting excited now I've been pretty good all week so I'm hoping for at least 3lb off!! :innocent0001:

Fab, well done. I'm looking forward to seeing how much you lose :)

Hi. Here to follow I popped into your last diary. Sounds like your doing fab, I'm also a sw convert found my portions were too big and I became obsessed with it all. Had to have a break away! Anyhows look forward to sharing your journey x

Yaay glad you found me again!!

It seems thats most peoples issue with Slimming World...I definitely agree! When I think back to some of the huge meals I used to eat on that plan I dread to think how many propoints they would be! (loads of slimming world chips, ham and fried eggs...all free!!!) I am finding it a bit difficult with the counting at the moment....I'm mostly guessing! But I'm getting the new iphone in a couple of weeks so hopefully the app will help! I might buy a calculator too as they seem handy!

thanks for following! How are you finding WW?! xx

do you pay for monthly pass? e sourse is included in that hun x

LanaLoo said:
Yaay glad you found me again!!

It seems thats most peoples issue with Slimming World...I definitely agree! When I think back to some of the huge meals I used to eat on that plan I dread to think how many propoints they would be! (loads of slimming world chips, ham and fried eggs...all free!!!) I am finding it a bit difficult with the counting at the moment....I'm mostly guessing! But I'm getting the new iphone in a couple of weeks so hopefully the app will help! I might buy a calculator too as they seem handy!

thanks for following! How are you finding WW?! xx

Counting becomes second nature eventually especially with stuff u always have. Do u go to class?

I'm liking ww have had couple weeks of plan but that's me not ww back on it now tho and nice to be back in control! X

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

argh I'm so confused :( I go to weekly meetings! When I tried to log on to esource it told me I had to pay I think?!

LanaLoo said:
argh I'm so confused :( I go to weekly meetings! When I tried to log on to esource it told me I had to pay I think?!

Are u a monthly pass member or do u pay as u go weekly?

Are u a monthly pass member or do u pay as u go weekly?

At the moment I just paid my joining fee and for the first week, does the monthly pass include access to the website? If so how much is it? Sorry to ask all these questions my leader didn't explain any of this! haha!

Food Diary: Day 6

Breakfast

banana: 0
satsuma: 0

Lunch

Warbutons brown square wrap: 4
3 laughing cow light triangles: 3
tomato: 0

Dinner:

homemade chilli: 7
rice: 6

Snacks:
1 chocolatey (very!) biscuit: 3
2 tbsp mash (grilled into a potato cake): 4
2 chunks scottish tablet: 6
1/4 pint ss milk: 3

TOTAL POINTS USED: 36
POINTS TAKEN FROM WEEKLY ALLOWANCE: 6

I was out of work on a course this afternoon and it finished early so I was home by 3pm, having so much spare time meant I went a little over the top with some treats! :sign0007:WEIGH-IN TOMORROW!! hope my mini splurge today doesn't ruin things! I'll let you know how I get on as soon as I'm home!

Hope everyones had a lovely day!! xxxx

LanaLoo said:
At the moment I just paid my joining fee and for the first week, does the monthly pass include access to the website? If so how much is it? Sorry to ask all these questions my leader didn't explain any of this! haha!

Yeah if u but a monthly pass, u get access online included Hun xx

Back