**NEW to WW & I'm a little confused!**

Hello Everyone! I was just wondering if anyone can help me with a few of my queeries, I'm new to weightwatchers and a little confused, this is my second real attempt to loose weight, and I weigh considerably more than I did on my first attempt,I managed to loose 18lbs through gym & healthy eating but I ended up putting it back on and then some, this was last year in January.
Anyway now I've decided to try again and i'm determind to loose 5 stone by January with WW & exercise, the things I would like to know are;

Is WW the right way for me to loose that amout of weight or am I better trying one of the low calorie diets?

and

I've been on the plan since last week and I've been allocated 36 pp, since then I have not managed to eat all my pps in one day, should I try to eat them all or is it better if I go under everyday or mostdays?

I hope someone can help me out! :))

Hey there!

Definitely the right one to do! My sis has lost that much on WW!

As for points, I personally try not to eat all of my dailies or my weeklies. As long as you're not starving yourself I wouldn't stress it!

Hope this helps

Hey there!

Definitely the right one to do! My sis has lost that much on WW!

As for points, I personally try not to eat all of my dailies or my weeklies. As long as you're not starving yourself I wouldn't stress it!

Hope this helps

Yeah it does, thankyou, could you tell me how long it took her to loose that amout? I'm hoping to do it by january, or maybe earlier if i can, do you think it's possible?

I don't think anyone can tell you that any 1 diet is right for you, what works very well for 1 person you might find very hard to stick to! I know I couldn't do a diet that relied on drinks and shakes, I admire those that can. I think the diet that's right for you (for anyone!) is the one that feel you can stick to most easily.
I started WW on Wednesday and was allocated 35 points I take them all, they're mine I'm not going to go without lol. I think you need to do whats right for you~ it's ok to be under by a few but if you're regularly under by a lot you may find it harder to lose weight after a while. Those points will go down as you lose weight and when you're no longer able to have them as a back up you might want them.
You know the WW motto , you can't run a car without petrol, you can't expect your body to lose weight if you don't feed it the right things.
Hey I might be talking out of my backside! At the end of the day you need to do what's right for you.
You could always use them up with a WW yoghurt (1), or choc covered biscuit (2), or my new favourite lemon/lime mousse (2).
Not sure I'm being helpful but I tried.

True enough, point taken. Its true what works for some doesn't suit others. See how it works for a bit and judge it on that!

It took her about a year-ish I think.

One of the girls in the class I joined has lost 46lbs in 6months! So I would say its do-able - but she makes sure she eats all her daily PP and her weekly PP too!

Have bits of what you wouldnt normally "allow" yourself to get where you need to be. Crisps etc that are WW branded are only 2pp or how about the Mikado biscuits (which i adore!) are only 1PP for 3 fingers :)

Sorry MrFirth, I apologise I wasn't having a pop at your comment, when I was replying there were no replies, so I think we were replying at the same time and you finished first so it looks like my reply was having a pop at yours.
I was just saying it in general terms! I know there have been fabulous losses on this site from all kinds of diets, that was the point I was making. Dieting as we know isn't a one diet slims all world.
So please accept my apologies no offence was meant

I started 2 weeks ago and was given 29 points, I find I do not use all mine upand I am not hungry, but I know they are there if I need them;)
What I do like with ww is the portion control which I need as with sw I would pile my plate up with rice or pasta!
Good luck with your journey x

Katesands8 said:
Sorry MrFirth, I apologise I wasn't having a pop at your comment, when I was replying there were no replies, so I think we were replying at the same time and you finished first so it looks like my reply was having a pop at yours.
I was just saying it in general terms! I know there have been fabulous losses on this site from all kinds of diets, that was the point I was making. Dieting as we know isn't a one diet slims all world.
So please accept my apologies no offence was meant

Lol no worries at all, I wasn't offended! Is a good point though and it is important to remember that everyone experience is different. I'm always a bit quick to evangelise about WW as I've clicked with it quite easily (so far!). I also have no real frame of reference as I've never done SW or any of the others.

:)

I think I've done everything under the sun lol. But nothing works until it clicks in your head that this time is it! I had hypno in September last year and have managed to lose 3st. But I have been stuck at that point for a while in spite of the gym so I thought I needed to kick start the loss again. I rejoined WW last Wednesday as I do think it's the best.
I was always being told to eat more and I would lose more on SW but I can't face that much food lol.
Keep up the good work

Back