New to WW (some advice needed)

Hi everyone,

This is my first post :) Very pleased to have found this site, it seems like a great place to come for support and encouragement.

I'm just a couple of days into my 3rd week of doing WW (doing it at home as can't manage the meetings at the mo) and I'm pleased to say the scales are showing a loss of around 6-7 lbs :D

I'm a bit concerned however, that although the weight does seem to be shifting I am not noticing any difference in my size. My clothes are not any looser and my measurments are the same. Is it maybe just water weight I am losing? I drank a load of water in the first week but as I suspected I couldn't maintain that and I'm now on the Diet Pepsi's lol :D

I'm going back to university to do a post grad in September and I would really like to make a big dent in my weight loss by then. I have 3stone to lose, do you think it would be possible to come close to losing that by September? I have a pretty sedentry (sp??) lifestyle but I do try to exercise when I can (can be bothered that is lol) and I don't spend any activity points that I might gain.

I'm starting to ramble now so best leave it there :D Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

xx

Hi
I am sure I read somewhere that 1 stone off is generally equivalent to 1 dress size.

Also I know in my case I always wore elasticated trousers and baggy tops so hard to tell what size I really was originally.

I think you are doing very well

Irene xx

Hi Irene, thanks for the reply.

I think I heard that about the stone to a dress size as well, I hope that will be the case for me. I'm definitely losing weight which is great, maybe I just need to go back to the water and cut out the diet Pepsi's, maybe they are making me bloat up :confused:

Hi and welcome to the WW boards. The dropping a dress size is so individual, if you have a great big bum like me then its a bit slower as you have to wait for your bum to catch up e.g for dresses. I took about 2 moinths before I went down a size for this reason.

Hoping you get into the swing of things and see the weight coming off soon

M

Hi!

Good luck. I've got about three stone to loose as well and I just haven't been very well behaved on WW:break_diet:. It does work though.

I'm only doing it at home because like you I can't manage the meetings but I am looking forward to the support of everone on this forum.

Hi

Welcome to WW and minimins, you'll soon be addicted to this site!

You are doing really really well so far.

I have found that for me it looks as if it's 2 stone per dress size. I've lost 1st 6lbs and yes my clothes are fitting better but I haven't gone down a size yet! So give your body time and it will catch up, honest. It's a very personal thing, some people go down dress sizes quicker than others!

September is a long way away so you could lose a lot of weight by then but don't push yourself oo hard, do it properly and the weight will come off!

Good luck!

xx

Hey there!!

Welcome to minimins and WW!!

You're doing really really well so far!

I have found that personally it looks as if it's 2 stone to a dress size for me. I've lost 1st 6lbs and yes my clothes are fitting better but I haven't gone down a size yet! It is a very personal thing and every body is different. Stick with it and your body will catch up!

September is a long way away in the diet world. You could lose a lot of weight by then. If you do it properly, don't push your self too hard and it will work!!

Good luck

xx

Hey MM welcome to the forums... the dress size depends on the indivdiual but that will come in due course! Good luck with WW and keep us posted!

Thanks for the replies everyone :D

I'm really enjoying WW so far. The main thing it has taught me is portion control and even this early in I'm already feeling really full after a small meal. I really didn't think I ate that much before but I think I may have actually been eating enough for 5 every day lol.

Anyway, thanks for the warm welcome, hope to chat to you all a lot more over the coming weeks and months :)

Hi

I'm the same as bear, I've lost 24.5 pounds and haven't dropped a dress size yet, so we're all different!

Anyway - welcome and good luck!

twigs
xx

I too am the same as bear, i have lost 23lb and to be honest my top seems a little smaller but my jeans are all still the same size. I was going to try and slip into a smller size once i have hit 2 stone off and re evaluate.
It hasnt dis heartened me too much as i can SEE the difference in the way they fit, and people are noticing too but im definatly not a size smaller yet ;)

Keep it up, it will all come right in the end

Back