New to Xenical

liosalfar

Hallo everyone, I have been on Alli for 1 week and decided to ask my doc for Xenical which he agreed to let me try and I started it today. With the Alli I lost 3lbs in the 1 week, I wanted to try the Alli before asking for its stronger version.
I have had no nasty effects from the Alli and none today from the xenical and was wondering if its something that needs time to build up or am i doing it right?
A typical day for me is something like ~

2 shredded wheat
1& 1/2tsp sugar
approx 200ml semi skimmed milk

sandwich at lunch ~
2 wholemeal slices with flora light
approx. 1& 1/2 oz cheddar
mixed salad (pepper, lettuce, cue, toms, beetroot)
small squeeze of extra light salad cream

apple

Dinner ~
about 5 small potatoes oven roast in fry light
med portion peas
about a hand size piece of gammon steak and about a cup of diced fresh pineapple cooked in frypan in gammon juice (no added fat)
squeeze extra light salad cream

pot of muller rice strawberry

2 choc cookies 97 cals each 4.5 each

What do u think of this if u don't mind me asking?
I think the calories are about 1700 for the whole day ...possible 40g fat...
I'm worried I'll have too many calories
I weigh 14.11

Any advice appreciated thank you
:)

Hi there and welcome :) The only thing I would be concerned about is the cheese. Even low fat cheddars can be up to 20% fat. Don't forget it's not just the amount of fat, but the percentage of fat in the food that we eat. While on Xenical, it really is advisable to stick to a diet that is 5% fat ( when looking at labels, you are looking at total fat content, and that is 5g of fat per 100g of food). Also flora light, is not low fat at all but its actually 38 % fat, flora extra light is 18%, so not really that low fat either.
xx

Thank you for your reply, I thought I was doing a good thing with the flora light! Didn't really think to check the label, mind u I am using the smallest amount, scrape on scrape off, the cheese I will cut out I think, really appreciate your advice :)
I haven't had any nasty effects at all so far so fingers crossed, I also feel a lot less bulky so I'm hoping Wednesday will be a good weigh day !

Back