New today :o)

Annya

Slimming tortoise :o)
Hi there. My name is Annya and I am new to the forum today. Well, actually I have been cruising the forum for while now but I was what I think is coloquially called a "lurker", having only just plucked up the courage to join in :eek:

Like many others, I have been struggling with my weight for many years, but the real problems started when I stopped smoking 7 years ago after the best part of 35 years on the dreaded weed. I didn't just gain "a few pounds" as you are warned you will, but a massive 3 stones which I have been trying (and failing abysmally) to get rid of ever since. :mad:

Wish me luck folks - I really am going to give it my very best shot this time. I suppose it doesn't help that my retired husband does all the cooking and adds "little extras" to things to make them "taste nicer" ~ but he's just going to have to learn not too or I wil have to do all my own cooking!

good luck on your weight loss :0)

well done on starting your journey, thats the biggest step and well done on quitting smoking, thats no mean feat!

you'll have to get hubby in line lol, get him the SW cook books and give him some recipes from here he'll enjoy the challenge xx

Thank you all for the warm welcome. Had a bit of a glitch yesterday, :break_diet: but back on track today.

I am starting an exercise regime tomorrow..... 30 minutes of something every other evening after work plus a really YMCA good toning video which took inches off me when I used to do it regularly (before it all went pear-shaped - including me - that is!) :eek:

Welcome to the forum. Well done quitting the smoking, i gave up nearly 3 years ago, i know how hard it is, so well done!

Thats a great idea with the exercise, start off small and build it up..
good luck with your weight loss.

Back