Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

New with a question

Discussion in 'Calorie Counting' started by 1dayweighthappy, 10 May 2011 Social URL.

1. 1dayweighthappy

1dayweighthappy Member

Hey everyone, I have been successfully calorie counting for about 8 weeks and I've lost nearly 24 pounds. I have not deviated at all. But this week I weighed and the scales say I have put on 2lb??? I'm clueless to how this happened! I am very quickly getting upset!! Any ideas?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Caz

Caz Slimming down the aisle

Start Weight:
    19st1.5lb
    Current Weight:
    18st6.8lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8.7lb(3.25%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting / SML / Orlistat
    Is it near your time of the month?

4. Miss V

Miss V Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st12lb
    Current Weight:
    10st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st12lb(22.22%)
    Diet:
    Slimfast and Calorie counting - my own.
    Hey hun - I get upset when the scales inexplicably go up as well! :(
    Did u weigh at the same time of day as usual? it could just be water retention or something like that. Maybe try weighing again in a couple of days cos I found that when I put on a pound on my weekly weigh in the next day it had already gone!
    Try not to worry - it's bound to be gone soon x

5. carrot_tit

carrot_tit Gold Member

Start Weight:
    10st11.5lb
    Current Weight:
    10st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0.5lb(0.33%)
    Diet:
    5:2
    Could be any of the above things. I find i retain loads of water when the weather really hots up. It'll come off as easily as it went on :)

6. 1dayweighthappy

1dayweighthappy Member

Thanks for your replies. It's not time of the month for another week. Im hoping it is just water retention. It's my official weigh day today do I guess I will see. (probably shouldn't have had a sneaky early weigh!)

7. Fattack

Fattack Likes to eat

Start Weight:
    15st0lb
    Current Weight:
    11st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st8lb
    Lost(%):
    3st7lb(23.33%)
    Diet:
    WeightWatchers
    How many calories have you been eating? Have you lowered this number at all since you started? You can also easily retain upto 2lbs of water - so don't sneakily weigh unless you can avoid the worry if you're up a bit (I can't, which is why I don't sneaky weigh!).

8. 1dayweighthappy

1dayweighthappy Member

I've been eating between 1200-1400 calories a day depending on my exercise. I have been eating the minimum of 1200.

I defiantly am not going to do a sneaky weigh anymore! I'm learning my lesson!

9. Fattack

Fattack Likes to eat

Start Weight:
    15st0lb
    Current Weight:
    11st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st8lb
    Lost(%):
    3st7lb(23.33%)
    Diet:
    WeightWatchers
    How much do you have left to lose? Sometimes if you eat the same net amount of calories for a while your body can just plateau, same if you start losing on too low a NET intake. Also check your sodium, fibre and water intake for the week to make sure you're not bloated or... constipated! I hope you've had a good loss and yes, no more sneaky weigh ins!! Let us know how you've got on :)

10. 1dayweighthappy

1dayweighthappy Member

I wanted to loose around 100lbs at the moment so I've made a small dent. I didn't realise that about the calories, I lost 2lbs this week. Most days I'm eating 1200-1250 some days 1350-1400 those days are the days I feel like I need something extra.

11. 1dayweighthappy

1dayweighthappy Member

Oh and I lost 2lb :)

12. themango

themango Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st7lb
    Current Weight:
    8st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    7st12lb
    Lost(%):
    3st8lb(28.57%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting
    Yay :)
    Must just have been water or something! No more worrying you're doing fantastic :)

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.