New WW plan?

Loulabella

Gonna be skinny!
I see there is a new WW plan starting this year? Anybody know anything about it?

Before christmas they gave us the discovery plan was that it hun?

Yer thats right....do we get all new info? New book etc? I am back next week...

Oh boooo! But never mind....if I could buy a loss of 2 stonew I would eh?

the filling foods are the old core foods so, if you've got the old guides you could just look for the green tick if you're looking for filling foods.

The new Discover plan was put out in meetings in Dec but only in the mag etc in jan.
WW are trying to promote 1 plan only using points but encouraging you to eat 'filling foods' (the old core food list) to prevent snacking. Core still exists as a 'technique' called 'simply filling' and there is a separate little booklet for that but you do have to badger your leader to actually get it. Think they are so reluctant to give it out as they have been asked to promote the new plan to everyone.
I normally follow core but went totally off track over Xmas/NY so am giving points a go this week to get portion sizes right- but am struggling with being hungry and not being able to snack on fruit as I would normally- only 2 fruit snacks a day but too much to include in points allowance- I am on 19 per day, tho am trying to keep it down to 18 this week- am over so far, so hoping to pull it back over the rest of the week.
Sue

Thanks sue - will discover the discover plan for myself I am sure next week... am slowly getting back to ww before wednesday when i restart for the final time! :D Restarted myself yesterday (also on 19) - went over by a few and am just finishing my 19 now.... may go over 1 or 2 again but am gearing up in a way... ? perhaps... lol
x

Hi
My meals were great today- all planned with the fast start book you get with the new plan material- shame about the glass of wine (only 1), ww bar & salted peanuts that jumped in too! Oh well, will have to try and claw a few points back during the week- I weigh in on a thurs pm. Good luck with yr weigh in,
Sue

Do you have to join WW to get the new plan or can you phone them up to order it? I am wondering whether it's worth me getting one sent out to me (I don't go to class).

Do you have to join WW to get the new plan or can you phone them up to order it? I am wondering whether it's worth me getting one sent out to me (I don't go to class).

You can buy a WW at home pack but it's not cheap. I ordered one yesterday as I had some Christmas money so I decided to get that & the WW kitchen scales although I didn't order them at the same time as there is a £5 off voucher in the 'at home' pack. They said I could either order the scales by post or go to any WW meeting & buy them there.

WeightWatchers.co.uk: Shop - At Home and MP5 for Men

Thanks Anna. Do you mind if i ask how much the basic at home kit cost? It looks expensive...not sure it worth me investing too much as I hope to be finished in the next couple of months....

Hi
My meals were great today- all planned with the fast start book you get with the new plan material- shame about the glass of wine (only 1), ww bar & salted peanuts that jumped in too! Oh well, will have to try and claw a few points back during the week- I weigh in on a thurs pm. Good luck with yr weigh in,
Sue

Thanks Hun.... Looking forward to restart this week... need to get skinn y in 2009!

Thanks Anna. Do you mind if i ask how much the basic at home kit cost? It looks expensive...not sure it worth me investing too much as I hope to be finished in the next couple of months....

The basic kit is £59.95. It's basically everything you get if you go to the WW meetings over the weeks as well as a points calculator, eating out guide, track, shopping guide, maintenance info & a £5 voucher off the WW kitchen scales. So the whole programme (with a few extras you would have to buy on top of your weekly meeting fees if you wanted them) in one box rather than getting the weight loss info weekly & then maintenance when at goal.

I wouldn't have bought it if I hadn't got quite a bit of Christmas money & I decided spending some of it on WW was for me money well spent as I still have at least a year before I get to goal. I will buy the kitchen scales once I get the money off voucher.

I'm doing the old, old version (few yrs old!) and at home, not attending meetings (not paying £5+ just to stand on scales when i can do that at home for free) Thankfully i'm quite a disciplined person, so i think my willpower will get me through (she hopes) If not, i may reconsider going to meetings.

Surely the old version still works?

Lea - Have you tried looking on Ebay? I saw a pack on there for £30 the other day (Might invest in one myself, if i've not lost and lb's this week)

Hiya Sajane...

The old version is kinda the same, just in the discovery plan they emphasise eating filling foods - ie core plan..... Seems to be working for me...

If your disciplined then you'll be fine. I need the added pressure of a meeting or I go AWOL...

Back