New year, new me!

Trijian

So I've been encouraged to rejoin SW in the new year. Got people at work doing it too, so we're going to work together and encourage each other, maybe with a little friendly motivation!

My questions are though, if I join on January 3rd, will I get the new member pack? Or is it a little *too* early in the new year to get it?

I'm just wondering which plan to follow too. The last time I joined, I followed EE, and all I did was gain weight, kinda why I gave up in the end. I've never really got Red/Green though, because they've never really explained it to me, all the consultants I've spoken to have just gone straight in for EE. Are there any advantages to following one plan over the others, or is it worth trying to mix and match?

Red is basically like EE, except without the pasta, and you get an extra HE A & B

Green is just the carbs (pasta beans etc) and no meat, with an extra set of HE's like red.

the free stuff is colour coded (although not very clear) Red stuff is free on red, green stuff is free on green

You get some different HE's as well so its worth reading your books and throwing some questions back at us.

You'll get the new pack in January.

I'm a "current" member (in the loosest of terms lol) and will be having a full restart at the end of December :) Good luck with it!! xx

- Red means all lean meat is free but potatoes, pasta, rice, beans & pulses (ie carbs) are not so have to be HEXed/synned
- Green is the opposite - potatoes, pasta, rice, beans & pulses are free but meat has to be HEXed/synned
- As Hannata said you also get two HEXAs and two HEXBs instead of just one of each, so 4 in total
- The 1/3 superfree rule is also less strict as you are already limiting your free foods to an extent - although it is still important to eat plenty of superfree on any plan

It is really easy once you get your head round it :) I follow mostly Green days with an EE or Red thrown in once or twice a week.

Why were you gaining on EE? You can always post a food diary in here once you starrt and people will help you see if youre going wrong, good luck x :)

I've no idea why I was gaining on EE last time, was just really disheartening.

I think I'm going to give it a go with EE for the first couple of weeks again, and then incoporate red days and green days in too, and go from there. At least I have plenty of time to plan ahead ready for the first meeting on the 3rd, going to prep all my meals in advance.

I know how you feel. I lose slowly or gain on EE as well. So I stick with red and green as they work much better for me. I think a lot of the problem for me with EE is that I have to watch portion sizes so much more even though they say you don't need to. Find what works for you. I know they all work but bodies are different and respond to different combinations.
Good luck, it's worth persevering

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Back